Buyer Opened a return case never shipped item Back need Advice - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Buyer Opened a return case never shipped item Back need Advice

i am afraid to call had account over 8 months no issues other than this, i don't want them to start looking into my account, plus it's in a girls name so gotta have my girl do it. But i gotta do it i'll update all to let you know what happens fingers crossed
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2018

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossman111 View Post
i am afraid to call had account over 8 months no issues other than this, i don't want them to start looking into my account, plus it's in a girls name so gotta have my girl do it. But i gotta do it i'll update all to let you know what happens fingers crossed
You don't have to have your girl do it. Plenty of people on here have misgendered accounts. And they have no reason to look into your account. That's not even their department. They couldn't give a damn. Unless you're calling about an account issue, they couldn't give a damn .

One time, i called in and gave them the wrong last name. They asked me if there is another last name I would have. I said, I don't think so. Then told them to let me check. I came back, and gave them the real last name on the account. And they continued without a hicup. Now think about that for a second. I couldn't remember my own last name, gave them a completely different last name, then took a minute to research my last name, and THEY DID NOT QUESTION IT.
Old 01-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
You don't have to have your girl do it. Plenty of people on here have misgendered accounts. And they have no reason to look into your account. That's not even their department. They couldn't give a damn. Unless you're calling about an account issue, they couldn't give a damn .

One time, i called in and gave them the wrong last name. They asked me if there is another last name I would have. I said, I don't think so. Then told them to let me check. I came back, and gave them the real last name on the account. And they continued without a hicup. Now think about that for a second. I couldn't remember my own last name, gave them a completely different last name, then took a minute to research my last name, and THEY DID NOT QUESTION IT.

Ok to have a return case closed i assume is an account issue
Old 01-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Done case closed in my favor Thank you all
Old 01-14-2018

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Ok to have a return case closed i assume is an account issue
no, not an account issue. Just an item issue. Don't give them a reason to look into your account, and they won't 95% of the time. There is always a chance of a fluke, which can happen for whatever reason. But there shouldn't be anything in your account to give them a reason. Unless you're selling vero or f@kes
Old 01-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Done case closed in my favor Thank you all
Nice - congrats are in order!
Old 01-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

First off----

There are SEVERAL different departments in eBay. They're all sectioned off. The department you will speak to for this is the Resolution Department.

Trust and Safety is an entirely different department and they exclusively can close or suspend accounts. You won't speak to them unless your account has been compromised or has been suspected of being compromised, or unless you have too many buyer issues (neg feedback, cases closed by eBay AGAINST you, etc)

There are other departments as well, each has it's own purpose.

90% of the time unless you're talking to T&S you're going to be talking to a Filipino rep who gets paid the USD equivalent of 16 dollars a day----for an 8 hour shift. They could not care less about your damn account, I promise you. They're just trying to keep their OWN metrics high, and thats pretty much time spent on phone (average) per customer, negative customer reviews (i.e. the little surveys eBay randomly sends out about the service you received) etc. Because in the Philippines, that 16 dollar a day job is actually pretty good pay.