is this okay to do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-30-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default is this okay to do?

Hi

I have had a stealth account for a while, lost the email log in details a while back.

so I want to update the email and confirm. I know to disable remote images

I have read not to open links from eBay and PayPal so If I click the link to confirm.

and then use the new email all the time will ebay then start tracking me? or just see the ip which will be the same stealth ip I have always used?

Just wanted to check with you guys first before doing anything but pretty sure they only see the ip which will be fine.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: is this okay to do?

If you're using Gmail or another popular email client, all emails are re-routed before being delivered to you. So eBay doesn't get your IP from you viewing/responding to emails. For a Gmail email account they would see the IP of a Google proxy, if anything at all. Some email clients just leave the "sender IP" field in the packet blank on purpose.

To answer your question, they won't be tracking you by your email account if you're able to successfully change the email on your eBay.
Old 01-30-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
If you're using Gmail or another popular email client, all emails are re-routed before being delivered to you. So eBay doesn't get your IP from you viewing/responding to emails. For a Gmail email account they would see the IP of a Google proxy, if anything at all. Some email clients just leave the "sender IP" field in the packet blank on purpose.

To answer your question, they won't be tracking you by your email account if you're able to successfully change the email on your eBay.
Does this apply to images as well? I Remember the stealth guide saying that external images should be disabled for ebay msges.
Old 01-31-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarman View Post
Does this apply to images as well? I Remember the stealth guide saying that external images should be disabled for ebay msges.
Yes, this applies to anything routed through popular email clients. I researched it a few weeks ago for another member. Some parts of the guide are out of date. There's no such thing as an external image in a gmail message, because everything in the email is rehosted by Google.