International Shipping down - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-22-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default International Shipping down

WTF
Ebay and paypals international shipping is down?
I understand rates went up, but this is going on 3 days.
How are we suppose to hit shipping deadlines.
Also USPS international shipping says "no mail service available" for specific countries
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: International Shipping down

It's because retail service for the First Class International Flats service has been discontinued - and that's the rate eBay and Paypal always used.

International orders are handled way differently now. I had to update my stamps.com software this morning in order to print int'l labels.

Int'l Flats now print as domestic labels. The delivery address on the domestic label is a mail sorting facility. The International address is printed on the bottom of the domestic label, to be forwarded once the parcel reaches the sorting facility. This means First Class Int'l Flats will no longer show any tracking updates until they leave USA.

You'll be surprised when you're finally able to print your international labels. USPS is very strongly trying to discourage use of the Int'l Flats service.

Oh and BTW, Int'l rates (Canada especially) have gone through the roof over the weekend.
Old 01-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Just so you're aware, stamps.com is capable of printing the new International labels. Apparently they were prepared for the postal rate changes and eB/PP were not.

If you start getting nervous about your overdue orders you can sign up for stamps.com and ship the orders with them. Then you could cancel your account afterwards if you want.

However I doubt you'll be penalized for these overdue orders since this is 100% eBay/PP's fault.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
HelpNeeded (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018

Longevity: 72%

I can print them on Stamps.com but in one case it told me it will be $2.91 and then charged my account $5.91, and in another told me it will be $9.62 then charged me $15.96.

I sent all my internationals flat letter. Their chart showed no change in cost for that service.

This is an amazingly stiff increase. It's close to doubling the cost of shipping internationally, and that's going to destroy the 20% of my overall sales, which
are international.
Old 01-30-2018
Executive [VIP]

@dallas - if you're still in this thread, it's killing me too. I think they've doubled First Class Int'l Flat rates because of the way they handle those shipments now. Are your shipments being sent to a sorting facility in USA before being forwarded to their Int'l destination? I'm guessing since the shipment is technically shipped twice we're paying double the postage.

The rates in my stamps.com are doing that too. Doesn't show the actual price until you save the label.
Old 01-30-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
@dallas - if you're still in this thread, it's killing me too. I think they've doubled First Class Int'l Flat rates because of the way they handle those shipments now. Are your shipments being sent to a sorting facility in USA before being forwarded to their Int'l destination? I'm guessing since the shipment is technically shipped twice we're paying double the postage.

The rates in my stamps.com are doing that too. Doesn't show the actual price until you save the label.
Last 2 international only $2 more but both sat in Miami international for 16 days
Old 01-30-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
Last 2 international only $2 more but both sat in Miami international for 16 days
Were those 2 First Class International Packages or First Class International Flats? A 2oz First Class Int'l Flat destined for Canada went from $2.51 to $5 even. A formerly $3.23 shipment to Brazil is now $5.73. I don't think I've seen less than a $2.50 increase in the Int'l Flats category.

Since the 21st I can only print First Class Int'l Flats on my stamps.com account with Commercial Plus pricing. My other two stamps account give an error message and tell me I have to use the Int'l Package Class.
Old 01-30-2018
Threadstarter  

Well there is no regular international now UNLESS it is documents, they will not ship regular international for commercial sample.
Old 01-30-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
Well there is no regular international now UNLESS it is documents, they will not ship regular international for commercial sample.
Certain shipping accounts are still allowed to send merchandise as flats. I know the restriction you're talking about, because that's the message I get on my two non commercial plus stamps.com accounts. On my commercial plus stamps.com account I can send merchandise as an Int'l Flat, but the shipping label prints out as a domestic label with a sorting facility as the delivery address, and then the customers Int'l address on the bottom. I went into detail about this in the thread I made last Monday when I first noticed the system.

Old 01-30-2018

Yes, mine are going to a facility in either KY or TN, and it says they will attach the actual customs form there themselves, why I can't begin to say.

I'm seriously concerned about how long THAT little add-on will take, I already have international customers who can't figure out WHY it takes two weeks go go clear across the world.

Stamps is only allowing 1st class flats for documents for me. I have the lowest level of plan.
Old 01-30-2018
Executive [VIP]

I've been worried about the delay also. I was hoping eBay would start doing the same thing so the delay would be accounted for in account metrics, but I don't know how eBay shipping is doing things now.

I have the lowest plan too. Maybe it has something to do with volume. I can still declare merchandise on that one account. My other two tell me flats is for documents only. Maybe I should shut up.
Old 01-31-2018
Threadstarter  

The three packages I sent International that sat in Miami for 16 days still have not been delivered and looks like I will have to refund several hundred dollars.
Old 01-31-2018
Executive [VIP]

Did they ever show any movement after Miami?

It's usually the outbound customs inspection when they get stuck in Miami. It sounds like you used First Class so there's no included insurance. But I recommend you at least start a missing mail search on USPS.com before refunding your customers. If you explain to the customer that their shipment is held up in US customs, and that you're opening a case to investigate the missing shipment with USPS, a lot of the time the customer will be patient and work with you. Worth a shot before you piss away hundreds of $'s...

Oh, another note : USPS First Class International has always sucked. 2 months in transit before delivery has always been perfectly normal in my experience.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 01-31-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-31-2018

Mine never update after leaving Miami. It freaks the international customers out.