Any chance of receiving a signal when buyer has chosen priority shipping? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-30-2018

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 39%
Default Any chance of receiving a signal when buyer has chosen priority shipping?

One thing that annoys me:

I have two shipping levels. Normal (free) and priority (surcharge).
When a buyer has chosen priority shipping, the only way for me to actually see that is to check how much the buyer has paid, either in the confirmation email, or in the listings of the orders that have been placed.

This is very tedious when you have XX orders per day, so sometimes I send a regular package to a customer that has paid for priority. No neg feedbacks due to this (yet) but I think they will come later.

It would be great if there were warning signs when the customer has paid extra for the shipping, like that particular row gets another colour in the Ebay selling manager.

One way to handle this would of course be to send confirmation emails to Gmail, then add a filter that gives a star marking (or similar) triggered on the words "priority" in the content of a mail. But it really does not seem very efficient.

Any other ideas?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Any chance of receiving a signal when buyer has chosen priority shipping?

Can you remove the priority shipping option then so it does not exist?
Old 01-30-2018
Threadstarter  

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 39%
Default Re: Any chance of receiving a signal when buyer has chosen priority shipping?

@rsot
Nah, I still want to offer it because it gives me a best match advantage (afaik).
Also, some customers want to use it. Finally, I make a couple of dollars extra when they choose it.
Old 01-31-2018
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%

Export the CSV file each day and sort them by shipping in word? Seems like a simple solution if you get too many sells to review them individually.
Old 01-31-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidim View Post
@rsot
Nah, I still want to offer it because it gives me a best match advantage (afaik).
Also, some customers want to use it. Finally, I make a couple of dollars extra when they choose it.
But you said it's tedious so...? You get an advantage, you make more money - what's the problem? E-mail notification? Hah...
Old 01-31-2018

Longevity: 72%

I can't imagine it gives you much of an advantage if somebody pays for Priority Mail and you send it regular post.

When you get your PP payment notification, it shows the shipping there. That's probably the easiest way to see.

Otherwise you're going to have to learn to live with the inconvenience in order to gain whatever advantage you perceive from this arrangement.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
vidim (02-01-2018)
Old 01-31-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I don't know what shipping service you use or where you ship from. Some details about your shipping operation would be helpful.

I ship with USPS and offer Priority and Priority Express on all of my listings, with free First Class being the default in most cases. It's beneficial because most customers ordering from me need the item urgently and are willing to pay extra for faster shipping. The cost of First Class shipping is factored into my prices since I offer it for free, so I profit an extra $2.66 when a customer upgrades and pays for Express shipping. This is off topic, but there's no doubt offering multiple shipping methods on listings increases visibility and overall sales.

I mention USPS because we use the stamps.com software to automatically import all of our orders from eBay. The stamps.com software does exactly what you're trying to do (though it's most likely not an option for you). When we import orders, whatever shipping method the customer chose is automatically selected in the stamps.com software. So if a customer paid $22.86 extra to have their order shipped Priority Express, the order imports with Priority Express shipping already selected.

See if whatever courier you use has an API you can link to eBay.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
vidim (02-01-2018)