Attaching a different PayPal account to my eBay. Old PayPal is NOT limited. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-08-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Attaching a different PayPal account to my eBay. Old PayPal is NOT limited.

Hello all.

I have an eBay account with high selling limits and it's been aged. I also have two PayPal accounts under different info. and it's also been aged.

My question is can I remove the first PayPal account from eBay, then attach the second PayPal? Both PayPal accounts are not limited. They're in good stealth condition. I just want to change it so I can use the first PayPal account for a different use outside of eBay.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Attaching a different PayPal account to my eBay. Old PayPal is NOT limited.

There's no such thing as "removing" a PayPal. Adding a new PayPal is a risk.....can you do it? Yes you can, but you should know that by doing so you are risking the new PayPal getting limited.

Now, disclaimer.....
People will come and tell you that they have done this and it's worked for them and their accounts are fine and all that jazz......it's all luck.

May the Odds be ever in your favor.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-08-2018), soulkey (02-08-2018), WEI (02-09-2018)
Old 02-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Attaching a different PayPal account to my eBay. Old PayPal is NOT limited.

You can certainly do this, but just be aware that those accounts will all be linked together when you add them to eBay. The "link" really doesn't disappear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (02-08-2018), soulkey (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Nick's right.

You aren't "risking" anything since both accounts are in good standing. But if one ever goes down they will both go down.
Old 02-08-2018

Longevity: 73%

Phaz0rz is pretty sharp, however I think linking a PP with mismatched/different info is asking for trouble.

Why would you even do this? What possible advantage could it be to you?

You can use the PP as it is for a 'different use outside of PP' without any changes at all.
Old 02-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post

Why would you even do this? What possible advantage could it be to you?

You can use the PP as it is for a 'different use outside of PP' without any changes at all.
Another reason for the PayPal switch is because the first PayPal account I have is like...cursed LOL. What I mean is that I'm always getting unfair chargebacks, opened cases, and funds being withheld from me.

But now that I have switched over to my second PayPal account, every transaction is smooth. No holds and no cases being opened.
Old 02-09-2018

Longevity: 53%

What about if a paypal gets limited, can you add a new paypal to an ebay account that did not get banned.
Old 02-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
What about if a paypal gets limited, can you add a new paypal to an ebay account that did not get banned.
You can but it won't last long. The 2nd Paypal would quickly end up with the same limitation and you'd have money stuck inside.

Going back to OP, I said it's fine to do because I did something similar without any problems. I started receiving payments on new a PP by switching the PP email in eBay listings because I was having a hard time attaching a bank to the first PP. I stopped using the first PP after switching.

Proceed at your own risk. Be prepared to call in with a good explanation (business management change or something). You probably won't have to.

(Dallis' post below is spot-on. You should probably focus on addressing whatever issue with your business is causing the problems instead of migrating your problems to a new PP account.)

Last edited by phaz0rz; 02-09-2018 at 10:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
soulkey (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018

the first PayPal account I have is like...cursed LOL. What I mean is that I'm always getting unfair chargebacks, opened cases, and funds being withheld from me.

That's something to do with you, not with the account. PP doesn't issue 'unfair chargebacks', or 'opened cases', that's all YOU.

You did or were doing something that got them all stirred up.

If you're still doing whatever it is the second one will soon have those issues as well.

They're going to link them, and they'll both suffer the same fate, whatever that is, but it's going to look as if you're trying to avoid your past - because that's exactly what you're doing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-09-2018), phaz0rz (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
the first PayPal account I have is like...cursed LOL. What I mean is that I'm always getting unfair chargebacks, opened cases, and funds being withheld from me.

That's something to do with you, not with the account. PP doesn't issue 'unfair chargebacks', or 'opened cases', that's all YOU.

You did or were doing something that got them all stirred up.

If you're still doing whatever it is the second one will soon have those issues as well.

They're going to link them, and they'll both suffer the same fate, whatever that is, but it's going to look as if you're trying to avoid your past - because that's exactly what you're doing.
The thing is, I didn't do anything wrong. The unfair chargebacks were open cases opened by crooked buyers. I've won all my cases and PayPal has always favored me (the seller) because I have proof of shipment and photographic evidence. Those are not on me. I am not avoiding my past, I've resolved every issue. Sometimes it's just bad luck. So I switched over to a new PayPal and it's going well (I understand the risks). But the first PayPal isn't limited or gone bad. Hope you understand instead of pointing the finger without both sides of the story.
Old 02-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulkey View Post
The thing is, I didn't do anything wrong. The unfair chargebacks were open cases opened by crooked buyers. I've won all my cases and PayPal has always favored me (the seller) because I have proof of shipment and photographic evidence. Those are not on me. I am not avoiding my past, I've resolved every issue. Sometimes it's just bad luck. So I switched over to a new PayPal and it's going well (I understand the risks). But the first PayPal isn't limited or gone bad. Hope you understand instead of pointing the finger without both sides of the story.
So the first Paypal isn't limited - should have stuck with that. Now you are putting both of the Paypals at risk potentially.
Old 02-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

OK, humor me.

The paypal is not limited. Isses wuth buyers were resolved in his favor.

He wants to change paypals with a business paypal.

Noone would consider adding a second paypal and directing payments to it? Could it not work if done directly thro’ pypal?

NB, to any critics, I am just seeing what others think.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-09-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-09-2018

Not to be disrespectful, if you have a lot of auto accidents, even if you're found not to be at fault, the insurance company is going to drop you.

Most people don't get a lot of cases. I've had one this year over 900-1000 transactions.

I proactively work hard to resolve any possible cases before they are even opened.

I have proof of shipment and photographic evidence

As a stand alone comment, PP doesn't give a rat's patootie about photographs. No case you resolved ever had anything to do with pictures.

My original point is simple: if you have lots of cases, even if you win, PP is going to being giving you the fish-eye.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post

Didn't you ask this already in a different thread?

The answer is simply, NO
Old 02-10-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

Noone would consider adding a second paypal and directing payments to it? Could it not work if done directly thro’ pypal?

NB, to any critics, I am just seeing what others think.

I do not understand what you're saying.
Old 02-10-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Not to be disrespectful, if you have a lot of auto accidents, even if you're found not to be at fault, the insurance company is going to drop you.

Most people don't get a lot of cases. I've had one this year over 900-1000 transactions.

I proactively work hard to resolve any possible cases before they are even opened.

I have proof of shipment and photographic evidence

As a stand alone comment, PP doesn't give a rat's patootie about photographs. No case you resolved ever had anything to do with pictures.

My original point is simple: if you have lots of cases, even if you win, PP is going to being giving you the fish-eye.
Yes, understood. Thank you. No disrespect either, I was just on irked when you said I did or were doing something wrong that got them stirred up. It's true what you said, even if it's not my fault my PayPal can still drop me.
Old 02-10-2018
Banned

Longevity: 52%

As long as you know the risks..who can tell you what and what not to do? - nobody...
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 02-10-2018

I find most people have created their own problems, and like to pretend they didn't and don't want to change, so the same thing just happens over and over and over again.

That's the reason I usually say that kind of thing...