eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Moving Portable browsers from one computer to the next (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/115705-moving-portable-browsers-one-computer-next.html)

jezza 03-03-2018 03:24 AM

Moving Portable browsers from one computer to the next

Hi

I have a lot of old selling accounts on Chrome portable browsers that I registered on my last laptop. I moved them to my new laptop but the history is missing, thus when I try to use the accounts they don't recognise the machine and I have to contact ebay service.

I know that if I open them on my old laptop then it'll be ok, but the hard drive is dead and would have to buy a new one

Is there any other way to fix?

H4ck 03-03-2018 03:43 AM

Re: Moving Portable browsers from one computer to the next

I usually use firefox portable,

zip up the folder containing all the info usually i find the firefox folder then compress and zip it up

then I name all of them according to account name move all of it to a usb thumb drive then move it to my new computer or hard drive.

jezza 03-03-2018 10:36 AM

Ok what does the folder look like on Firefox?

empirestate 03-03-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jezza (Post 904775)
Hi

I have a lot of old selling accounts on Chrome portable browsers that I registered on my last laptop. I moved them to my new laptop but the history is missing, thus when I try to use the accounts they don't recognise the machine and I have to contact ebay service.

I know that if I open them on my old laptop then it'll be ok, but the hard drive is dead and would have to buy a new one

Is there any other way to fix?

Best to use Firefox Portable now, Chrome Portable is not really portable because of what you just described...

jezza 03-04-2018 01:41 AM

The problem with Firefox is that I sell in a number of different countries, and there is nothing for Firefox that comes close to Chrome Translate :(

StealthLannister 03-04-2018 09:16 AM

Would there be a problem if I’m switching Firefox portable from a Mac to a PC?
Would it be a flag with eBay since the old data shows I’m logging in from a Mac and all of a sudden it would be logging in from a windows OS?

phaz0rz 03-04-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthLannister (Post 904997)
Would it be a flag with eBay since the old data shows I’m logging in from a Mac and all of a sudden it would be logging in from a windows OS?

I seriously doubt that would be an issue since your IP wouldn't change and your browser cookies would remain intact. Plenty of legitimate eBay sellers/businesses run their selling account from more than one computer.

empirestate 03-04-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthLannister (Post 904997)

It might ask your to phone verify when listing so get your number ready.
How to clean photos
Best image resizer

jezza 03-05-2018 07:10 AM

Yes it almost always asks you to confirm phone, I suppose the number is not changeable? My accounts are years old and the sims died

phaz0rz 03-05-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jezza (Post 905212)
Yes it almost always asks you to confirm phone, I suppose the number is not changeable? My accounts are years old and the sims died

It's fairly easy to add a new # to eBay. Paypal tends to be a bit more difficult.

jezza 03-08-2018 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 905222)
It's fairly easy to add a new # to eBay. Paypal tends to be a bit more difficult.

Not in this case. I tried changing the number on one account but have still been told to contact Ebay

So I phoned them and they told me that to verify me I either need to log in from a recognised machine(my dead laptop) or I need to wait until 90 days after I added the new phone number(which was the same day)

So the cheapest way to solve the problem for me is to install a new OS on a flash drive, or hard drive. I'm hoping that I will be able to use the account automatically then although I asked the Ebay rep and she said I will still need to contact them.

H4ck 03-08-2018 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jezza (Post 904840)
Ok what does the folder look like on Firefox?

theirs only 1 folder........so its not exactly hard to miss.......atleast for firefox portable.

i dont know if chrome portable is different....

H4ck 03-08-2018 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jezza (Post 906007)
Not in this case. I tried changing the number on one account but have still been told to contact Ebay

So I phoned them and they told me that to verify me I either need to log in from a recognised machine(my dead laptop) or I need to wait until 90 days after I added the new phone number(which was the same day)

So the cheapest way to solve the problem for me is to install a new OS on a flash drive, or hard drive. I'm hoping that I will be able to use the account automatically then although I asked the Ebay rep and she said I will still need to contact them.

I had a problem that was similar to this on ebay......what i did was just wait it out......then i was able to log in like normal......it took like several weeks.....