powersellers, have you received the ebay Adcommerce emails - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-20-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default powersellers, have you received the ebay Adcommerce emails

i have a powerseller account selling problem-free, well I suppose, items. i got two emails from their marketing asking if i am interested to join the new ADCommerce program. it is just like google key words i think, being you pay for the key words, then they rank you higher in search result.

My sales is dropping dramatically since a few days ago, which is abnormal, becuse i am not selling seasonal products. I don't know if that is because some other sellers joined the progam and visibility of my listing is decreased because I have not join yet.

Want to hear more comments on this. As if our competitors are in, we have to be in too, and the result is: everybody is in, and everybody is in just to make the same amount of sales, with lower profit, because part of it is paid to ebay for this program. The only one that will benefit at the end is eBay itself.

I don't think it is right for ebay to roll out this program, because it is not like Google. No body paid google to be on the search result at first, those who paid is just trying to get to the first page. However, on eBay we have already paid listing fee, featured listing and featured store fee, then we should have a equal opportunity to be ranked in the search result. Now this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 86%

well forget about my comments on whether this is right or wrong for eBay. I am more interested to know if other powersellers in this forum choose to join, i think i will have to join if my sales stays like this for another week.
Old 06-20-2009

Longevity: 90%

forget it, don't join. i don't think it's worth it. will eat up more of your money then it's worth
Old 10-12-2009

Longevity: 88%

Is there a risk of drawing attention from live Egay employees if you are a powerseller and sign up for this? I am not familiar with the way it works and am afraid I might draw too much attention to the account by putting VERO keywords in the ads? It's already risky enough listing with Vero words in the title, just curious if it shows your ad, if you could make the ad keywords, general with maybe your seller id where if someone saw the photo they would click? Or do they just show your auction listings in the ads? Some direction would be great as others have said, the new Top Rated Seller feature took away my ability to use Featured Plus, where I was doing alot of 2nd chance offers and making some good money. I just want to get search visibility back up where it was similar to the Featured Plus days. Any suggestions? Stay away or go for it?
Old 10-13-2009

Longevity: 90%

I have used it, but i dont sell vero and have niche targeted market.
gots lots of clicks, but cant really say sales went up, more news letter sign ups, and watchers,thats about it
Old 10-13-2009

Longevity: 85%

Lol I joined, but am only getting an increase in page views and clicks (20-40% increase approx), but no actual sales increases. Although I'm getting alot more interest emails and messages; that can be a good thing or a bad thing, but I think it's tiring. So I recommend you don't join mate.

AdWords on the other hand, works wonders for my private sales website though! ^_^
The Following User Says Thank You to flipstardirect For This Useful Post:
kuntrykok (10-13-2009)
Old 10-13-2009

Just looking to get search reslults up since I can't use Featured Plus anymore, I noticed FREE SHIPPING is supposed to raise search results so I was doing that, I may go back and take a chance at that angle, the Top Rated Seller Program is VERY TOUGH to meet, if you get a few A-holes that get pissed and give you all 1 star 3 or 4 times it kills your chances. Above Average on the other hand is very attainable but still no use of featured plus. Wonder if BOLD gets you higher search placement? I know it said it may but for $2.00 a listing it may be worth it. Anyone had any experience with this? I know title and keywords help also. Just trying to think out of the box a little.
Old 10-19-2009

Don't do it if you sell Vero, account was taken down within 3 days and had been up and no problems selling the same item for more than 6 months. May have something to do with the Adcommerce??
Old 10-27-2009

Longevity: 84%

I almost tired adwords..

but a got scared..

when filling out theres a bit that says about your buisness you need all your buisness information and if you are not a legit buisness they say they will look into it and all that ****..

so if you dont pay TAX then do not us elol..

what about adcomerce is taht the same?