Steal ebay customers, sell on your own site - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-21-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Steal ebay customers, sell on your own site

ebay has great traffic, but are a pain in the ass to deal with as we all know.

for sellers without external sites, you can instantly create one through inkfrogs auxilary service buyitsellit, which supports bulk imports from current listings.

Once thats done, the question is how to maximize sales on your own website by using ebay's traffic. of course external linking is not allowed in the listing, but am wondering what other methods are possible.

Theres the classifieds, yes.

I know from experience that there are bots that auto delete email addresses from correspodence b/w buyer and seller... I havent tried yet but masking the address ie myemail at gmail dot com, or masking your website address - will this work, if not would any other method work?

How about doing the craigslist multiple post trick, by including a graphic with redirect info, so the bots dont see. Buyers would have to manually enter url, but if you make the advertisement well, it might work. I might give this a try, hopefully it doesnt jeopordize my stealth account... html/php/network experienced please shed some light.

I have a line of products that people like to buy in combinations. So one "safe" idea I had is to list only one item from the product line on ebay, and when it sells I can mail the item with literature directing them to my website. It might not be best for sales, but it will at least minimize dealing with ebay/paypal.

Id like to know if anyone else had ideas on taking advantage of ebay's traffic and finalizing sale elsewhere.

Its unquestionable that ebay/paypal have taken/withheld $$$ from sellers, maybe its time sellers steal ebay's customers!

comments please!

Last edited by reian; 06-21-2009 at 04:04 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-21-2009
Threadstarter  

sorry, this has been discussed already here

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/webmast...ternal+website

Last edited by reian; 06-21-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-25-2009

Longevity: 89%

my thoughts exactly - I throw Google checkout coupons in with my packing slips

and use ebanza tellafriend program to turn my gmail contact list with all my customers into a mailing list that automatically emails them 2 twice a week

I dont make as much off ebay as on ebanza but an extra few sales per week never hurt anyone and as time goes on your build your customer base you can make it to freedom one day . . . just keep good phone and email communication with your customers . . . treat em right and you got a customer for life!!!

Hey . . . . does anyone remember that ebay powerseller who left and started his own PRIVATE auction site for VINTAGE MOVIE POSTERS????? I forget the name of the site but he had so much buzz after he left feebay that he had a following and last time I checked he was doing EXTREMELY WELL on his private site taking in over 500,000 per year on his own site ! ! !

He still has his ebay acount but he doesn't use it to sell at all only to buy from time to time and resell on his own site for a large margin I am sure . . . .

All I am saying is with the proper effort it is possible but like everything else that is GOOD in life it takes time and hard work

(that's why ebay is BAD because its quick and easy . . . lol)

Last edited by eseller; 06-25-2009 at 11:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to eseller For This Useful Post:
reian (06-27-2009)
Old 06-26-2009

I sell vintage collectables and have managed to lure many regular customers and resellers who used to buy from me on eBay to my website, or to buy from me privately. Resellers cant be bothered with bidding. They want to see a batch of stock that is of interest to them and cherrypick it - not compete with bidders. Experienced collectors dont want others to know what they are buying or have bought - same with resellers. Websites are so much more anonymous.
The Following User Says Thank You to biglouis999 For This Useful Post:
reian (06-27-2009)
Old 06-27-2009
Threadstarter  

thanks eseller, thats some inspiration and good advice.

Im still researching ways to inform of ebay buyers of external site through the ebay email questions. Maybe image with url burnt in ala craigslist multiple listing style, (no link) may be the best way.

any other suggestions?
Old 06-27-2009
Threadstarter  

classifieds is great, but there are NO categories for me!!
Old 06-27-2009
Threadstarter  

hey eseller, whats up with ebanza.com, sounds good but is it legit? I get warnings on that there first page, and the /blog has a trojan!