When do you think AI will take over e-commerce? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-08-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default When do you think AI will take over e-commerce?

How long do you think it will take artificial intelligence to take over e-commerce to the level that the existence of the seller is not needed anymore?

With Amazon deploying all these robots, it seems to me that in the future they just need to build their inventory and setup everything on pilot mode. Sure, that's a long way ahead, but more than 10-15 years?

What are your thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2018

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: When do you think AI will take over e-commerce?

It's already too late.

We conquered you humans years ago and you never even noticed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (04-08-2018), GreenBean (04-08-2018), kirkland (04-10-2018)
Old 04-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Amazon turned into a big monopoly that will make the existence of sellers not important at all in the future, unless one is selling something rare or not mainstream.

I am really glad Ebay and other marketplaces do exist, I do consider them a beam of hope (to say the least).

It pisses me off when the media talks about how Jeff Bezos changed the world. All what he did was putting Walmart on the internet and destroying thousands of businesses because nobody could say a word.

I mean what's the whole purpose of Amazon warehouses after all? The reason behind all of this is to make Jeff and shareholders richer. Sure, a lot of sellers have profited from AZ, but I am afraid that's a temporary advantage of that marketplace. I think in a few years most of the products sold on Amazon will be sold directly by Amazon.

They started this FBA program as a first step towards accomplishing just that.

I hope Trump will punish Amazon somehow and slow them down until some government body puts this malicious company in check (hopefully).

For a company like Amazon to be investing that much into AI is really worrisome, the whole point of doing that is automating the selling process. Period.

They are really playing a very dangerous game and affecting the economics of sellers, families...etc in a very negative manner.
Old 04-08-2018

Longevity: 39%

Amazon sucks. Bezos Pays for illegal aliens to go to college while he could give a damn about Americans. Ebay is better for sellers. Hopefully it is the last frontier for small businesses online, thank god for ebay
The Following User Says Thank You to jporter396 For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jporter396 View Post
Amazon sucks. Bezos Pays for illegal aliens to go to college while he could give a damn about Americans. Ebay is better for sellers. Hopefully it is the last frontier for small businesses online, thank god for ebay

Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos...etc always defend the H1B program and claim it attracts the "talent" America doest have or couldn't provide! In reality they are looking for cheap labor that will cost save them at least 30-50% of what they would pay to an American graduate. Seriously, if US colleges can't provide the graduates Silicon Valley looks for, then who on earth would!

Ebay is indeed a beam of hope for online sellers, they want you to control your own inventory while making sure to serve their base of buyers very well. 98% of customers on Ebay won't bring you any hustle in my opinion and Ebay customer support is always there when you need them. Amazon seems to be taking weeks to reply and they're literally robbing sellers of their profits through their FBA program which costs a ton of money to be in in the first place.