Ebay.com DropShipping Search Algorithm 2018 - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-30-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Re: Ebay.com DropShipping Search Algorithm 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
Chinaman make item. Chinaman sell item. Screw you stupid American.

Chinaman steals ideas and technology because he is too inferior to come up with his own. Chinaman is allowed to sell his copied item on American markets. Chinaman will be shown the door sooner or later.

Let Chinaman enjoy his few years of fame and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ sense of prosperity.

The real stupid man is the Chinama who is clueless without the theft of technology. The technology that the western man always comes up with.

The Chinaman was scared to death by a TV personality called Trump. When the real men of the west arise again, Chinaman will be taught a lesson so hard that Chinaman will never be able to stand up on his feet again.

You go ahead and mark my words boy.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
Sunspot144 (11-30-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-30-2018

Longevity: 39%

@walkingupwards:

In this case you would have WAY faster shipping times than the guy who dropships from China. Yes you will be more expensive but will also ship much faster (4-7 days vs. 14-21 days AT BEST) and offer easier returns. These are huge factors in a purchase decision, it's not just about price.

Also I feel you are narrowing dropshipping to the "China to US" model when in reality a big chunk of that business is "local source to local marketplace" (Amazon US to eBay US, Walmart US to eBay US, Walmart UK to Amazon UK and so on). I'm not sure if you're familiar with the dropshipping softwares out there but they almost always start supporting local sources to local marketplaces, then eventually add Chinese/international sources down the road.
Old 11-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Joe View Post
@walkingupwards:

In this case you would have WAY faster shipping times than the guy who dropships from China. Yes you will be more expensive but will also ship much faster (4-7 days vs. 14-21 days AT BEST) and offer easier returns. These are huge factors in a purchase decision, it's not just about price.

Also I feel you are narrowing dropshipping to the "China to US" model when in reality a big chunk of that business is "local source to local marketplace" (Amazon US to eBay US, Walmart US to eBay US, Walmart UK to Amazon UK and so on). I'm not sure if you're familiar with the dropshipping softwares out there but they almost always start supporting local sources to local marketplaces, then eventually add Chinese/international sources down the road.

You're right. Local dropshippers mean local competition with local pricing levels. Dropshippers from China are the ones I was talking about.
Old 11-30-2018

Longevity: 53%

Chinese wins the game because they ship to the USA for almost free, the government has an agreement with USA to deliver Chinese goods that arrive here, I can ship from Hong Kong cheaper than I can from me to the next city and also can track the Chinese shipment through USPS.
Old 11-30-2018

Longevity: 34%

Trump's hell-bent on ending that treaty. Will probably see all the incredibly low-priced ~0.99 cent Chinese goods start selling at 3 dollars and up.
Old 11-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
Trump's hell-bent on ending that treaty. Will probably see all the incredibly low-priced ~0.99 cent Chinese goods start selling at 3 dollars and up.

Let's see what comes out of Trump. I had some hope in the man, but later came to the conclusion that the system is so rigged, that an uprising might be necessary to shake up the deeply rooted corruption we are living in

The EU should follow suit on that postal agreement and nix it immediately.

Last edited by walkingupwards; 11-30-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-06-2018

Longevity: 42%

Hi guys i recently found a guide on this "https://www.withintheflow.com/dropshipping-on-ebay/" is this the right should i follow it's procedures ..?
Old 12-07-2018

Longevity: 31%

Just FYI,
let me explain why eBay discriminates against drop-shippers.
The direction eBay wants to go is from item based selling to product based selling. Their ultimate goal would be a Amazon like experience where each product exists ONCE in the search results For example:
Search 'Nest' on eBay and click on the button called "Group similar listings". What happened? From 1048 search results we got now 62...

Another example:
You want a 'Apple iPhone X - 256GB - Silver (Unlocked) A1901'. When searching for this a buyer doesn't want to see 10k listings, they prefer seeing ONE. So they create a virtual product (in this case www.ebay.com/p/239160803 ) and connect it via backend passively to items that carry the correct item specifications, like brand MPN GTIN UPC... sellers can also actively choose such items in the selling flow.

The problem with most drop-shipped items is that they don't carry such identifying specifications as GTIN or even MPN, so no products can be made for those..and if a product is made it's usually not a 'good' one. Many different listings basically have the same product on sale but under different brand names and/or identifiers, which also leads to duplicate products who fight for the same listings.

This just results in a bad buying experience so they try everything to rank drop-shippers lower. Saying this, I know that people still make a living via drop-shipping on eBay so never give up!
Old 12-07-2018

Flow like water, not sink like rock.
Old 12-08-2018

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 39%

Drop shipping is still alive. Did close to 30k on brand new acc.
Old 12-11-2018

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerFranz View Post
Just FYI,
let me explain why eBay discriminates against drop-shippers.
The direction eBay wants to go is from item based selling to product based selling. Their ultimate goal would be a Amazon like experience where each product exists ONCE in the search results For example:
Search 'Nest' on eBay and click on the button called "Group similar listings". What happened? From 1048 search results we got now 62...

Another example:
You want a 'Apple iPhone X - 256GB - Silver (Unlocked) A1901'. When searching for this a buyer doesn't want to see 10k listings, they prefer seeing ONE. So they create a virtual product (in this case www.ebay.com/p/239160803 ) and connect it via backend passively to items that carry the correct item specifications, like brand MPN GTIN UPC... sellers can also actively choose such items in the selling flow.

The problem with most drop-shipped items is that they don't carry such identifying specifications as GTIN or even MPN, so no products can be made for those..and if a product is made it's usually not a 'good' one. Many different listings basically have the same product on sale but under different brand names and/or identifiers, which also leads to duplicate products who fight for the same listings.

This just results in a bad buying experience so they try everything to rank drop-shippers lower. Saying this, I know that people still make a living via drop-shipping on eBay so never give up!
this totally triggered me lol

//Rant Start//
Well,i HATE, this is really mindblowing that ebay got rid of so many filters and useful search functions already, that i can not even find the items i want anymore!

eBays Filter and search system was so good, and still is at least partly. but why should i now search through this useless product box to find that one item where i like the seller, maybe is near me and even has a phone number.
right now i can still search for this more or less, on amazon i cant.. on amazon, only Amazon shipping is a reason to buy from.

To catch up on my first sentence.. Why does ebay want to become something that you have to spend hours to find what you want?!
IMHO eBay should give more banners and mails with tips to use the search, instead they get rid of it.. well.. nice

quick example if you do not know what i talk about.. "smartphone Android -samsung -iphone -huawei -sony -broken -glass -cover -cable -case" with "price lowest first" would give me a result with EXACTLY what i want about 6 months ago.. a damn cheap phone.
but nowadays the "-thingxyz" terms are almost completely ignored.. well done, i got no time fo that, gotta find things quick.

eBay wants to be like amazon? WHY?! eBay was always better than amazon for what eBay was for.. find the things I WANT, not what Amazon wants to show me.
ever tried sorting items by price lowest first on amazon?! it adds 200 useless unrelated things to the result and removes the things you actually search for, plus it removes things from the results that showed up at the "amazon recommended" sorting.
why should ebay want to be like this?

Second, when buying on Amazon, if it is not shipping through Amazon, why even bother buying on Amazon?!
//Rant end//

So to sum up, ebay wants people to not buy on eBay anymore or what?!
if a customer wants an item that is shipped from his country.. god damn it, use the fkn country filter, it's not that hard!
This is what gives ME a bad buying experience.

Last edited by backamblock; 12-11-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-12-2018

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by backamblock View Post
this totally triggered me lol

//Rant Start//
Well,i HATE, this is really mindblowing that ebay got rid of so many filters and useful search functions already, that i can not even find the items i want anymore!

eBays Filter and search system was so good, and still is at least partly. but why should i now search through this useless product box to find that one item where i like the seller, maybe is near me and even has a phone number.
right now i can still search for this more or less, on amazon i cant.. on amazon, only Amazon shipping is a reason to buy from.

To catch up on my first sentence.. Why does ebay want to become something that you have to spend hours to find what you want?!
IMHO eBay should give more banners and mails with tips to use the search, instead they get rid of it.. well.. nice

quick example if you do not know what i talk about.. "smartphone Android -samsung -iphone -huawei -sony -broken -glass -cover -cable -case" with "price lowest first" would give me a result with EXACTLY what i want about 6 months ago.. a damn cheap phone.
but nowadays the "-thingxyz" terms are almost completely ignored.. well done, i got no time fo that, gotta find things quick.

eBay wants to be like amazon? WHY?! eBay was always better than amazon for what eBay was for.. find the things I WANT, not what Amazon wants to show me.
ever tried sorting items by price lowest first on amazon?! it adds 200 useless unrelated things to the result and removes the things you actually search for, plus it removes things from the results that showed up at the "amazon recommended" sorting.
why should ebay want to be like this?

Second, when buying on Amazon, if it is not shipping through Amazon, why even bother buying on Amazon?!
//Rant end//

So to sum up, ebay wants people to not buy on eBay anymore or what?!
if a customer wants an item that is shipped from his country.. god damn it, use the fkn country filter, it's not that hard!
This is what gives ME a bad buying experience.
eBay looks where the money is, and it's not from C2C sellers. It's from big sellers/stores who sell manufactured goods. all products that can or should be identifiable with some kind of GTIN, UPC, MPN and brand combination.
Dunno about the search that's secret like google search algos, but yea for now the product thing is more for sellers less for buyers
Old 12-12-2018

Damn straight.
Old 12-13-2018

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerFranz View Post
eBay looks where the money is, and it's not from C2C sellers. It's from big sellers/stores who sell manufactured goods. all products that can or should be identifiable with some kind of GTIN, UPC, MPN and brand combination.
Dunno about the search that's secret like google search algos, but yea for now the product thing is more for sellers less for buyers
still they could have kept the search for people wanting to find things..
Yes, it is about the on site time as well.. but i like ebay more the less time i spend on there to find stuff as i am on there most of the time anyway.. and i almost buy everything only from ebay, except food

Last edited by backamblock; 12-13-2018 at 08:00 AM.