Ebay.com DropShipping Search Algorithm 2018 - eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

If you have purchased eBay Stealth, Amazon Ghost or IPBurger services you can get six-months free as a paid member.

Paid membership grants you access to the private forums, live forum chat, larger PM box, and no pop-ups ads among other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 3 Days Ago

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%
Default Ebay.com DropShipping Search Algorithm 2018

As of April 2018, Ebay.com has decided to change its search algorithm to favor non-dropshippers over dropshippers. This can be found on google by search and seeing that a called company called SalesFreaks actually tried to sue Ebay for these changes. Ebay lawyers confirmed, the search algorithm was created to discriminate against dropshippers..

Here is the question, what methods does Ebay.com use to determine if someone is a dropshipper? Have measures can we take as dropshippers to murky Ebays detect of us? An obvious one that comes to mind are locations of image urls. Any thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 3 Days Ago
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 61%
Longevity: 1%
Default Re: Ebay.com DropShipping Search Algorithm 2018

I don't get it. People act like ebay works for them. They provide you with a selling platform, not the other way around.
Old 3 Days Ago

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbolplayer View Post
Here is the question, what methods does Ebay.com use to determine if someone is a dropshipper?
Don't know what method they use, but US seller , tracking number from china.. short investigation
Old 3 Days Ago

Activity: 12%
Longevity: 0%

Why do ebay hate dropshippers that much?
Old 3 Days Ago
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 48%
Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by egycryer View Post
Because people shop ebay ... not Amazon, home depot, aliexpress etc etc so they want their customers to buy from the seller that they are buying from, not from the sellers source.
The Following User Says Thank You to branesergen For This Useful Post:
Yasav (2 Days Ago)
Old 2 Days Ago

Thanked 1,210 Times in 978 Posts
Activity: 82%
Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by egycryer View Post
I think it has more to do with the negative experience associated with dropshipping. Many dropshippers aren't transparent about delivery times etc. so a buyer in the UK buying from a seller in the UK, doesn't expect the item to take 30 to 35 days to deliver. So it opens up a lot of INR cases.

Then you have item pictures not matching the actual item received, again opening up a lot of cases.

I think it only works well when you have a reliable supplier, and your up front with customers about shipping times.
Old 2 Days Ago

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 9%

They compare item location on your listing to where the product is being delivered from. Once bot finds enough discrepancies between item location and shipped from they flag your account.
Old 2 Days Ago

I was doing really well with one of my drop shipping accounts for about a month and suddenly all sales came to a complete stop. So they are definitely able to flag accounts. And I am sure this happens to all accounts they find “risky”.
Old 2 Days Ago
Threadstarter  

So it seems it is no so much who are you using as a dropshipper, rather ebay is looking where you have the item location and where the item is shipped from (using tracking information I presume?)

Anyone knows how this applies to a Ebay listing location of "multiple warehouses USA?" Are we in the clear if this is our shipping location and we ship from various places in the USA?

Where exactly were you dropshipping from?
Old 2 Days Ago

I think it is definitely a combination of item location and whether your product ships from is matching however they are also scanning your API tools. I connected a repricer / monitor tool they will also flag your account as being a drop shipper. I was told by merchant support that another way they will catch you is of a buyer opens return and you provide return label that does not correspond with your item location.
Old 2 Days Ago
Threadstarter  

Yes, I have read this as well. One article I read was a buyer who hooked up with SalesFreaks and all of a sudden their sales began to tank. Do you have a reference or citation to Ebay monitoring your API tools?
Old 2 Days Ago

Activity: 41%
Longevity: 59%

The location theory is clueless speculation.

I have accounts that appear to originate from all over the country and none of them get bagged for dropshipping.

None of us would be able to operate stealth if this were true.
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbolplayer View Post
Yes, I have read this as well. One article I read was a buyer who hooked up with SalesFreaks and all of a sudden their sales began to tank. Do you have a reference or citation to Ebay monitoring your API tools?
I personally used SF for a long time now and other tools such as autoDS , pricematik, hydra lister + sku grid. And to clarify salefreaks did not sue eBay.com, they sue eBay Israel which is just a small branch. I donít have to have citation, it is obvious to anyone who has been drop shipping for a while that it is one way for eBay to flag your account. Itís a no brainer.

Last edited by Camaro2SS; 2 Days Ago at 04:21 PM.
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
The location theory is clueless speculation.

I have accounts that appear to originate from all over the country and none of them get bagged for dropshipping.

None of us would be able to operate stealth if this were true.
There is always someone who hasnít been been flagged yet but the fact that I among other sellers were flagged, combined with eBay Israel admitting to lower listings of accounts that are drop shipping is more than just a speculation at this point. Merchant suport told me that in fact they do not flag accounts but listings based on item location. So whether they are also clueless or lying I canít be sure.
Old 2 Days Ago
Threadstarter  

Does anyone know is this dropshipping discrimination applies to Ebay USA sellers or is it only Israeli sellers?