How to Extract email addresses from paypal or inkfrog - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-02-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default How to Extract email addresses from paypal or inkfrog

There's no way to extract email addresses on paypal business accounts anymore. Is there any easy way or an extension or software that can extract buyers email addresses from inkfrog or paypal?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 32%
Default Re: How to Extract email addresses from paypal or inkfrog

Shippingeasy will sync all your orders, but not old ones..if they haven't been shipped, it will collect them. It's 25 bucks a month, but I haven't used paypal or ebay since for shipping or email collection. It has its own built in campaign/marketing stuff too
Old 08-02-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

^^You're really pushing Shippingeasy today, vizzle.

@OP - I still see all of my buyer's emails when I go to transaction details in my business accounts. Are you saying it's gone for you? Or are you just looking for an automated script that will automatically go through your Paypal account scraping customer emails?
Old 08-02-2018

Longevity: 34%

Mailchimp will do this with paypal. I wouldn't go sending marketing emais to everyone on the list without their consent though as it's against privacy laws.
Old 08-06-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
^^You're really pushing Shippingeasy today, vizzle.

@OP - I still see all of my buyer's emails when I go to transaction details in my business accounts. Are you saying it's gone for you? Or are you just looking for an automated script that will automatically go through your Paypal account scraping customer emails?
Well I would like to be able to have a script that go through paypal account and auto scrape customer emails, is this avaliable in the market or somewhere?

But when i go to my business account and download the transaction in bulk, the email address isn't in the excel sheet anymore, it used to be there.
Old 08-06-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
Mailchimp will do this with paypal. I wouldn't go sending marketing emais to everyone on the list without their consent though as it's against privacy laws.
so i connect my paypal account to mailchimp and it will auto extract all my customer's email?
Old 08-06-2018

Longevity: 72%

They're doing away with it currently, it's gone most places. EB no longer provides it and PP is phasing it out for EB purchases. ETY no longer provides it either. There's no easy way to get it in most cases.
Old 08-07-2018

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithelps View Post
so i connect my paypal account to mailchimp and it will auto extract all my customer's email?
Yes, can verify that it works. Adds all of them to a mailing list and is free up to 2500 emails/mo
Old 08-07-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
Yes, can verify that it works. Adds all of them to a mailing list and is free up to 2500 emails/mo
Oh this is great. But it seems like it only update the mailchimp based on new purchases through IPN, don't think I can sync the old buyers email to my list on mailchimp, right?

I'm only allowed to collect 2500 emails a month? Can I add multiple paypals to one mailchimp account or one paypal per mailchimp?
Old 08-08-2018

Quote:
Oh this is great. But it seems like it only update the mailchimp based on new purchases through IPN, don't think I can sync the old buyers email to my list on mailchimp, right?

I'm only allowed to collect 2500 emails a month? Can I add multiple paypals to one mailchimp account or one paypal per mailchimp?
It is not "collecting 2,500 emails," it is sending 2,500. You pay Mailchimp by the size of your list. As I recall, the price increases every 500. Mailchimp will grab your contact information from PayPal, or from your shipping software, or from your Website, and populate your list. You then choose how to send.

Mailchimp and other mailing programs are very cautious about YOU and will score you based upon things like bounce rate, unsubscribe rate, and complaints. It will not take very many complaints about being spammed to have Mailchimp suspend your account. Like eBay, you build a reputation with Mailchimp, and it takes time and very good behaviour to earn a good reputation. If you use Mailchimp, you should respect privacy before marketing.

The very first email I sent with Mailchimp was my privacy policy, and encouraged customers to unsubscribe. Better to have these people leave than to have them complain. Let me repeat this. A privacy complaint on Mailchimp is as bad, or worse than a case being opened on eBay. You can withstand maybe one compaint in 10,000 emails sent.
Old 08-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypothamus View Post
It is not "collecting 2,500 emails," it is sending 2,500. You pay Mailchimp by the size of your list. As I recall, the price increases every 500. Mailchimp will grab your contact information from PayPal, or from your shipping software, or from your Website, and populate your list. You then choose how to send.

Mailchimp and other mailing programs are very cautious about YOU and will score you based upon things like bounce rate, unsubscribe rate, and complaints. It will not take very many complaints about being spammed to have Mailchimp suspend your account. Like eBay, you build a reputation with Mailchimp, and it takes time and very good behaviour to earn a good reputation. If you use Mailchimp, you should respect privacy before marketing.

The very first email I sent with Mailchimp was my privacy policy, and encouraged customers to unsubscribe. Better to have these people leave than to have them complain. Let me repeat this. A privacy complaint on Mailchimp is as bad, or worse than a case being opened on eBay. You can withstand maybe one compaint in 10,000 emails sent.
Thanks for the tips about privacy.

I just realized i need to use ipn, paypal only allows one ipn and im already using ipn for another service. so i can't add ipn for mailchimp. Is there anyway, i can grab and sync my list to mailchimp without using ipn and populate old orders as well, because ipn is only for new orders
Old 08-08-2018

Quote:
Thanks for the tips about privacy.

I just realized i need to use ipn, paypal only allows one ipn and im already using ipn for another service. so i can't add ipn for mailchimp. Is there anyway, i can grab and sync my list to mailchimp without using ipn and populate old orders as well, because ipn is only for new orders
what is "IPN" ? I am not familiar with this.

If you subscribe to MailChimp (recommended), you can add or import a list that you have. For PayPal, it MailChimp will only add new transactions.

One post (above) mentioned not adding eBay customers' email. I am not familiar with that, but I have been without an eBay account for 6 months, so things could have changed.

Editorial: I am a little surprised how much data is shared between eBay and PayPal, especially since eBay has announced that they are leaving PayPal in a year and half or so.
Old 08-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypothamus View Post
what is "IPN" ? I am not familiar with this.

If you subscribe to MailChimp (recommended), you can add or import a list that you have. For PayPal, it MailChimp will only add new transactions.

One post (above) mentioned not adding eBay customers' email. I am not familiar with that, but I have been without an eBay account for 6 months, so things could have changed.

Editorial: I am a little surprised how much data is shared between eBay and PayPal, especially since eBay has announced that they are leaving PayPal in a year and half or so.
IPN is instant payment notification which you have to setup with mailchimp in order for mailchimp to see the new transaction that comes in. Unforunately, I don't think i can use the IPN feature in mailchimp because what I'm looking for is to extract the emails from my old transaction either within inkfrog or my paypal accounts since there's no way to extract the email in bulk other than one by one.