Easiest way to reply to ebay customer message via email - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-19-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Easiest way to reply to ebay customer message via email

Quote:
We were unable to deliver your message to username@members.ebay.com
Dear user,
We're sorry that we weren't able to deliver your message to username@members.ebay.com. Try to resending this message, go to your Inbox and click reply.
Is it possible to reply to the customer using his/her ebay email address (username@members.ebay.com)?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2018

Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Easiest way to reply to ebay customer message via email

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrowcp View Post
Is it possible to reply to the customer using his/her ebay email address (username@members.ebay.com)?
To their email? Wouldn't that be nice. Something everyone on here, wishes existed. But no. Ebay isn't going to give us potential buyers email addresses. If you want to message them THROUGH email, just press reply to the EMAIL, and type your message in the email, and it will be sent to his ebay messaging system.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
mrowcp (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018

Longevity: 53%

Uh if they buy from you, you can reply to their email. Just look at email that paid paypal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kajunrook For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Ah... to correct way is to click on web email reply button, not copy/paste buyer email address.

What about this: auction is started, one ebay user contacted me with a good offer, but there is already a bids for this auction (and its under 24h). Is it possible to make double sell? One sell for the auction winner and one for the user that offered me? If a user make a bid and when auction ended I will send second chanse offer to him? Will be that a problem when both of them make the payment (or is even possible?)

Last edited by mrowcp; 08-19-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2018

Longevity: 53%

Wow, just went to new feedback interface, and when you click on add feedback it shows you buyers email address, so now don't have to go to paypal to get it.
Old 08-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Ah... to correct way is to click on web email reply button, not copy/paste buyer email address.

What about this: auction is started, one ebay user contacted me with a good offer, but there is already a bids for this auction (and its under 24h). Is it possible to make double sell? One sell for the auction winner and one for the user that offered me? If a user make a bid and when auction ended I will send second chanse offer to him? Will be that a problem when both of them make the payment (or is even possible?)
Sounds like you're talking about a standard "second chance offer" which eBay has always allowed sellers to do when an auction ends. I haven't done an auction in a while. Last time I did eBay gave me the option to send second chance offers to everyone who bid.

Second chance offers won't cause you any problems.
Old 08-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Sounds like you're talking about a standard "second chance offer" which eBay has always allowed sellers to do when an auction ends. I haven't done an auction in a while. Last time I did eBay gave me the option to send second chance offers to everyone who bid.

Second chance offers won't cause you any problems.
No, not that.
I want to sell this item twice. One for the auction winner and one pcs for the user that offer me good deal. Looking for best way to do that.
Old 08-19-2018

Quote:
No, not that.
I want to sell this item twice. One for the auction winner and one pcs for the user that offer me good deal. Looking for best way to do that.
Are you saying, the second person that offered you a good deal, isn't going to bid? Seems silly, if that's the case.
Old 08-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Are you saying, the second person that offered you a good deal, isn't going to bid? Seems silly, if that's the case.
If he/she bid, it is possible that item never go to the offered price, so I will lose money, because now the current price is lower (more than 30%).
Old 08-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
No, not that.
You would need to creatively ask the 2nd buyer what his email is so you can send them a PP invoice.

Or just create a "Buy it Now" listing for this item and set it to accept best offers. That would be a lot safer than trying to bypass eBay message filters.
Old 08-21-2018

Longevity: 41%

OP
And try avoid selling outside EB, you may have troubles.
Old 08-21-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You would need to creatively ask the 2nd buyer what his email is so you can send them a PP invoice.

Or just create a "Buy it Now" listing for this item and set it to accept best offers. That would be a lot safer than trying to bypass eBay message filters.
No no no no no. Do not do this. I had my account suspended for 7 days because a buyer a few weeks back, sent me their email address. No conversation after that. I never dealt with them. Boom, suspended, no questions asked. 10 year old account that sells $11,000 a month, over a supposed $50 off ebay sale that never happened.
Old 08-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
No no no no no. Do not do this. I had my account suspended for 7 days because a buyer a few weeks back, sent me their email address. No conversation after that. I never dealt with them. Boom, suspended, no questions asked. 10 year old account that sells $11,000 a month, over a supposed $50 off ebay sale that never happened.

I drive customers off of eBay almost daily. You've got to be really careful with all the new filters they've implemented. Sounds like your account was on shaky ground already. I just had a guy send me his email yesterday when requesting a partial refund in PP.

Regardless though the BIN idea I said would still work without any risk.