High Risk Items with New Legit Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-11-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Default High Risk Items with New Legit Accounts

I'm setting up 5 friends to sell 5 iPhone pre-orders. And if any don't sell, then will sell when they're in-hand. Each friend has accounts that haven't been accessed in some time, and haven't really sold anything. The stealth guide keeps saying don't sell high-risk items immediately, but all my friends don't mind providing legitimate, identifying information, and obviously I have receipts/invoices for the phones. So is there anything really to worry about?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-11-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%
Send a message via Skype™ to StealthJet99
Default Re: High Risk Items with New Legit Accounts

Pre sell is always going to be an issue as eBay doesn't allow them outside of 30 days.

iPhones are huge issues. A few questions you should ask:
How old are their accounts?
How many feedback?
Have they sold in this category before?
Have they sold any high risk items?
How long since their last sale(s)?
Old 09-11-2018

Longevity: 33%

I buy so many iPhones from zero feedback bidders yet constantly see forum talk about not selling high risk for first item. Big disconnect unless all these sellers get limited after selling.

In general I think the advice on this forum is way too cautious but I get that. Better to err on the side of caution tbh.
Old 09-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

If the accounts haven't sold anything in quite some time, the number of feedbacks are irrelevent. In eBay's eyes, they may as well be new accounts.

I would first list some other (lower risk) items on these accounts first to break them in some for the first 30 days before you start listing the iPhones, and even then start off very slowly.

Spread your sales across more than one account. The more the better. Follow the stealth guide.
Old 09-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneMonger View Post
Each friend has accounts that haven't been accessed in some time, and haven't really sold anything.
Not the best idea to list a hot electronic item right away even with proof and such - asking for trouble
Old 09-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Apple products, particularly iPhone are amonst the most restricted and monitored items on the eBay marketplace. In fact, "iPhones" themselves are probably one of the TOP 5 HIGHEST RISK items you could possibly list.

This doesn't mean it's not possible, just expect there to be problems unless you know what you are doing and have some strong accounts with trust built up.
Old 09-12-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
I'm setting up 5 friends to sell 5 iPhone pre-orders. And if any don't sell, then will sell when they're in-hand. Each friend has accounts that haven't been accessed in some time, and haven't really sold anything. The stealth guide keeps saying don't sell high-risk items immediately, but all my friends don't mind providing legitimate, identifying information, and obviously I have receipts/invoices for the phones. So is there anything really to worry about?

Oh man... you are willing to risk your friend's real accounts?
And it seems that they don't completely understand the gravity of what they are willing to do for you.

if you are just wanting to make money once and that's it then you can certainly try. But chances are those accounts will be nuked and your money held.
Old 09-12-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Oh man... you are willing to risk your friend's real accounts?
And it seems that they don't completely understand the gravity of what they are willing to do for you.

if you are just wanting to make money once and that's it then you can certainly try. But chances are those accounts will be nuked and your money held.
SaiJin, thing is, he has the guide and it's clear about selling High Risk, but I think the OP wants to take shortcuts by using his friends other accounts.

Speaking from personal experience, this never ends well. I once used a friends power seller account to sell on, and it got suspended after a few months when I thought I could get away with it. I didn't, and it ended badly.
Old 09-12-2018
Threadstarter  

Most are my friends haven't used their eBay and PayPal accounts in years, so it's more of an effort to unearth the accounts than to worry about losing the accounts. These days, I'm surprised how few people I know actually use eBay and PayPal actively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessel Runner View Post
I buy so many iPhones from zero feedback bidders yet constantly see forum talk about not selling high risk for first item. Big disconnect unless all these sellers get limited after selling.

In general I think the advice on this forum is way too cautious but I get that. Better to err on the side of caution tbh.
Exactly. Yes this might be a shortcut, but I wouldn't necessarily call this "stealth". I'm enlisting legitimate accounts from real identifiable people with SSN's and addresses where they live. These are also authentic iPhones sold by authorized dealers with receipts and serial numbers. My old suspended eBay/PayPal accounts are obviously not linked to these new accounts because my friends don't even use eBay/PayPal. Nor have I connected to their IP addresses. And I'm making sure I don't touch their accounts directly, instead they use their own devices, Internet connections, and locations.

I guess my question is, under what scenario would PayPal decide to keep my money? Just because they're new accounts that haven't built up seller reputations? That might limit the accounts to ask for documentation, but those can be provided. So I'm trying to narrow down any blind spots on my part.
Old 09-12-2018
Executive [VIP]

If PayPal perm limits you, typically you can still withdrawal your money after 180 days, but that's assuming you already have a valid bank account added to that PayPal.

PayPal generally sets it's own rules and don't give a squat about the eBay reputation. If they decide to limit you, they usually have a specific reason. They will even ask for documentation even if they have no intention of ever reinstating the account. This is done as SOP to further ban/block you.

It's best to think things through as you are doing and just be careful and take it slow at first.
Old 09-12-2018
Threadstarter  

Right, but why would they ban these accounts? Just because they’re new and selling iPhones? Makes no sense.
Old 09-12-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Right, but why would they ban these accounts? Just because they’re new and selling iPhones? Makes no sense.
Why does PayPal ban/limit accounts?

This is a topic that's been covered extensively on this forum.

The list of items is endless, and in fact it's far too extensive and lengthy to even mention in this thread.

The bottom line is both PP/EB makes the rules and will decide when to cut you off.

iPhones are a high risk item. That's a known fact, just as there is day & night.

The definition of "risk" is defined by their extensive security algos. Don't even try to understand it as it's continuously changing and adapting based on past and present info.

Each account is given a risk score. You can call it reputation. It's something you are going to have to earn and put the work into it to make your business work, or not.

Good luck & keep reading/learning.
Old 09-13-2018

Longevity: 51%

Best case scenario they probably wont allow you to withdraw the money until after items are received and positive feedback is left. Then they withdrawal will probably get one of those 3 day security holds.