Can you report a seller when you are running on a stealth account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Can you report a seller when you are running on a stealth account?

Not the case at all, but thanks anyway! God bless!

Last edited by needhelpplease; 07-11-2009 at 03:27 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

FLAGS so big, you will wish you never thought of doing it. There is not really a problem if he wanted to do the transaction outside of ebay. Usually it is benefical to both parties. Saves fees
Take a deep breath and think. What if the seller is stealth as well? You want to drop him in deep dodo because you are annoyed? You have every right to buy items but think thro' the consequences: can YOUR stealth account stand being looked at closely? Why risk your hard work and money? Is it worthwhile ruining a seller's account? Ask yourself why is it such a big deal? Do you think you are going to be conned? Did this happen to you?
Old 07-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Personally, I would feel more comfortable dealing with your seller than the sellers who play it 'by the book'. I don't know what a 'transaction like this' is, but there are many transactions that PP will put a hold on. Perhaps he needed his funds soon. Perhaps he was nervous about you as a buyer. Buyers are the crooks, more often than the sellers. Can you blame somebody for watching their money?

Why are you upset about an issue when you don't know the circumstances or conditions of the other side?

I can't help but get the impression that you are and were much too hasty to think the worst. Many of us know that people tend to be suspicious of others for things they themselves are or have been guilty of. It would explain why you made him nervous.

Relax and pay up or move on.
Old 07-11-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Many of us know that people tend to be suspicious of others for things they themselves are or have been guilty of.
Wow! I guess I agree with this statement considering........ The seller has had this same listing taken down 4 times this week and keeps relisting it for 1 day auction...it is miscategorized and it is an "item" that is not allowed to be sold on Ebay in auction format....needs to be a classified listing. SO as we all know when an item gets kicked off the seller does NOT have to ship it and if the buyer paid the buyer can make a paypal claim. I JUST WANTED TO GET THE ITEM AND TO PROTECT MYSELF FROM NOT GETTING IT IF THE LISTING GOT CANCELED/SELLER GOT KICKED OFF. So that is the reasoning behind my NOT going through the "service" paypal invoice. He could get kicked off, I never get my item, and he keeps the money. So being SUSPICIOUS is in the relm of what most people would think given the way he is trying to do this. So I guess when you say "people tend to be suspicious of others for things they themselves are or have been guilty of" you might be refering to yourself. I guess there are theives right here amoungst us. When all I thought this forum was was people who were UNJUSTIFIABLY kicked off by ebay/paypal!
Old 07-11-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

You have your brain backwards. Wear the other guys shoes. Pretend you are the seller of the item, not the buyer.

IF you were doing exactly what the seller did, would it make sense to you?

Just because somebody is all lined up to give ebay/pp the shaft for getting improperly and overly involved in transactions, does NOT mean anyone gave a damn about or was trying to screw you.

And since you are so worried about getting f*cked in the back, it would lead somebody doing business with you to believe the liklihood of you being the type to frequently f*ck others in the back. - People who trust others first are trustworthy themselves. People who are quick to point a finger and yell 'LIAR' -- ARE the liars.

Think about this: you were attempting to BUY this item that is so risky and so against the rules... You're the unpredictable junkie looking for your fix. The pusher just wants the money and to unload the goods. You are/were an insignificant but necessary evil. You are more guilty than the seller, as far as morals and rules go.

The seller here is at the most risk. He has no recourse to recover money if the deal goes poorly (you end up being a theif). All you have to do is pull your own hair, stomp your feet, jump up and down, mess your diaper, and cry a couple of crocodile tears, and voila - big momma paypal will give you your widdle munny back hunny there there its ok shh.

Grow up.

Open your mind and think just a little bigger than "ME ME ME" and start living your life more cleanly so you can begin to trust others. You'll enjoy the ride much better.

Everything else in your previous post only reinforces my point that you are untrustworthy. I mean look, you're already calling all of us crooks. You don't even know much about any of us. You come in, start calling names and hiding behind us hoping to be rescued from the big bad bully who isn't a big bad bully, you wuss! You are quick to expect from others - that which you KNOW is true about yourself. You base your perception of the world on what you know you have inside yourself, which is a mental illness by the way, go look it up.

The thief among us you are referring to is likely you. You are too quick to point the finger. We are mostly older and more mature people trying to secure our lifestyle and enjoy it in the few years we have left. We've been kicked off for technical violations of rules, not fraud or deceit. We have to sneak back into the market to do business we should never have been turned out of.

We aren't sneaking back in so we can be the dishonest buyers and cry about the big bad man trying to hide his money so PP don't get it. Does that sound more like you than it sounds like us?

I notice the scammers that show up are the younger crowd who just got caught and booted from ebay for doing something easily avoided, hidden, or covered up. Lack of planning in a manner very similar to how crackheads live on the street. You weren't even close to being scammed by the seller. Yet you already had one foot out the door and an escape route planned. Hmmmm....

Hmmm.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........ Uhhh HUH!
Old 07-11-2009

Longevity: 93%

Wow...All I can say is keep your side of the street clean...Any time I see a thread about reporting a seller, I cringe.
Old 07-11-2009

Again, WOW. If you are so worried about not getting your item, then simply do not purchase it to begin with.

There is absolutely no risk to a buyer for not receiving an item bought through eBay/PayPal. Absolutely no risk. If you do not receive the item, and you attempt to work it out with the seller, file a PayPal dispute and you will be refunded. PayPal even has buyer protection, so your are protected twice...
Old 07-11-2009

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron
Default paypal buyer protection

Tmiles ..

Actually paypal buyer protection is a little bit of a joke.
You are only truly protected if you pay with your credit card.
Paypal will always side with a buyer , however if the seller has no money in thier account, paypal will not refund the buyer unless the payment was made with a credit card. So it is possible for a buyer to get screwed on ebay.

However I do like vicvelcro's comments..

Reporting a seller or filing a paypal claim should be a last resort.
Old 07-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseinkaron View Post
Tmiles ..

Actually paypal buyer protection is a little bit of a joke.
You are only truly protected if you pay with your credit card.
Paypal will always side with a buyer , however if the seller has no money in thier account, paypal will not refund the buyer unless the payment was made with a credit card. So it is possible for a buyer to get screwed on ebay.

However I do like vicvelcro's comments..

Reporting a seller or filing a paypal claim should be a last resort.
You are partially correct. Since eBay is taking over the dispute process, they are refunding directly, even if the Seller's PayPal account is zero. The downside to the seller, is this will lead to eBay suspension. The rules keep changing...

Thanks for your input....
Old 07-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Dear Mr. Velcroman....You must be the seller I have been dealing with???.....LMAO!!! When I stated "theives amoungst us" I meant a very few....one....perhaps. I was just so shocked for some "one" to take a question so personal.....the fact you took the question so personal is rather suspicious to me as I am sure others that have read. Relax, take a smoke break and laugh....I did...well at least everything minus the smoke break considering I quit 13 years ago.....but thanks for the "I must be young" comment! So smoke a pack for me
Old 07-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Well there's been enough laughter for me today. Starting to get hotter.
Quick point, make a thread without too much ambiguity. Applies to everyone.
Thread Closed.