Seller fraud,how should I report to Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-31-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Seller fraud,how should I report to Paypal

Hi,I have recently bought a poster.
The seller sent me a package with a piece of worthless brown paper inside. There was no poster inside. This seller is obviously mentally deranged as I have done nothing wrong to him.

I did not email him about what his fraud meant; I directly reported the fact to ebay. Ebay,as usual,will tell you that they took note but that they can't tell you a thing,etc

I didn't bother to ask 'Mr. Psychoseller' for explanations: before I bought the item,I wrote to him normally (just asked a normal question about the item) and he ignored my message,so I didn't bother to write again.

I now have to open a Paypal dispute. Mr. Psychoseller is not even too bright,since he sent the item with unregistered mail (no signature required).
Therefore I could just say to Paypal that I did not receive the item at all,and they would refund me. In doing so,I would not be lying,since ,I did not receive the item I bought,(and therefore I did not receive it.)

My dilemma is: if I file the dispute as 'not received' and then I get refunded,what kind of negative feedback should I leave to the seller? I'd like to write that he defrauded me by sending a worthless piece of brown paper. That will not look good on his ebay reputation. But what if he then shows the feedback to paypal? In there,I am basically saying that I received a package,although a worthless one.

I think paypal would not really care,since the seller has no tracking number for the item: and as most people know here,if you send an item without a tracking number,paypal will likely favour the buyer and refund him.

If instead I file the dispute as 'empty box' received etc,paypal would probably refuse to refund me,since they don't really care what the buyer receives. All that matter to them is that the buyer received a package from the seller.

I think I will just report the fraud so as to damage the seller's reputation as much as possible. He deserves it. The poster costed me 20 bucks. What would you do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-31-2009
Threadstarter  

I did not report him to Paypal yet,but I could not resist and left him the feedback he deserves and mentioned that he sent a piece of worthless paper instead of the item I bought. I don't care if I lose 20 bucks,I hope he'll buy medications for future ailments. I normally don't like to wish people bad things but I have no respect for this type of individuals.

How should I now report this incident to paypal? As item not received or as 'empty box' ?

Thanks & all the best
Old 03-31-2009

Longevity: 91%

Regardless, you should have contacted the seller and tried to resolve this in amicable way....You really don't know why you received an empty package and I believe you should have made an attempt to communicate before you rushed to leave the negative....Who knows what happened here! Maybe seller would give you refund or send another poster...I am just saying.. But, if the seller did not answer your emails, was not cooperative etc.. than, you could file with PayPal "Item not as described or not received, or something...But, IMO it's not good to have record of dispute even when you win... I wish you did not rush into leaving the negative..........
Old 04-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

If you cant get in touch with him just file a paypal dispute and get your money back. Move on
Old 04-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

file a police report before going to paypal and you should get your money back.
Old 04-01-2009

Also, did you check the tube thoroughly? Assuming the poster was shipped in a tube, sometimes they will "unwind" and stick to the walls of the tube so you may have not noticed and thought the package was empty?
Old 04-02-2009
Threadstarter  

mmmmh....after reading all these 'VIP' replies, I wonder what am I doing here? It seems like you guys know no better than I.
At least I don't give lazy replies. I'd rather not reply at all.
I expected to find a forum with knowdgeable people who say stuff that is not too well known to beginners. I am no beginner,I have been selling on ebay for 3 years now and was offered a powerseller rating by ebay,which I didn't really care about.

I am really disappointed by these forums,for example no one gave more precise answers to my questions as to what happens with paypal if I say this instead of that,etc,
besides 'email the seller', 'go to the police and you'll get your money back' (wow man,you are a genius!) 'file a paypal dispute and move on'.

Wow....I really have no intention to pay 6 months for that. I have found the book useful and I have got 6 months free like other people here,and I personally have exchanged some emails with the author,he was able to tell me some interesting stuff at the time of buying the book,but I am sorry: these forums aren't even close.

Understand,no disrespect meant to anyone,but you guys didn't really tell me anything that I didn't know already,and I by no means think I am so advanced.
Old 04-02-2009
Threadstarter  

'experts' ?

come on.....the only reason why these forums are still better than these stupid ones on the ebay communities,is that here I didn't see mockery to the poster or incomprehensible,useless exchanges and idle talking between users that the poster can't understand or know about. But 'experts' ? Come on.....to be an expert it takes knowledge that is WAY above average.

At least,I didn't see any experts here. No one really answered to my questions. Maybe my post wasn't too clear.

Last edited by better~and~better; 04-02-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2009

Maybe you are at the wrong place here than! This forum is by now means composed by "Know it all people", but we are here try to help each other the best we can and avoid basic mistakes in dealings with both Ebay and PayPal.

By the way, we do have here several experts with many more than measly 3 years Ebay experience. Those people are true experts and have been very helpful and unselfish in sharing their knowledge with the rest of this community.

IMO, your posts reflect an extremely arrogant individual, and yes... You have been clear enough. We "ain't" stupid!
Old 04-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by better~and~better View Post
mmmmh....after reading all these 'VIP' replies, I wonder what am I doing here? It seems like you guys know no better than I.
At least I don't give lazy replies. I'd rather not reply at all.
I expected to find a forum with knowdgeable people who say stuff that is not too well known to beginners. I am no beginner,I have been selling on ebay for 3 years now and was offered a powerseller rating by ebay,which I didn't really care about.

I am really disappointed by these forums,for example no one gave more precise answers to my questions as to what happens with paypal if I say this instead of that,etc,
besides 'email the seller', 'go to the police and you'll get your money back' (wow man,you are a genius!) 'file a paypal dispute and move on'.

Wow....I really have no intention to pay 6 months for that. I have found the book useful and I have got 6 months free like other people here,and I personally have exchanged some emails with the author,he was able to tell me some interesting stuff at the time of buying the book,but I am sorry: these forums aren't even close.

Understand,no disrespect meant to anyone,but you guys didn't really tell me anything that I didn't know already,and I by no means think I am so advanced.
dude I hope you get banned. i have no time to respond to and ungrateful person such as yourself. i gave you the advise you needed and you respond like this?

i hope you don't get your money back now...maybe it's the karma you deserve.

Old 04-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

04-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 0%
Default Hi there
Hi. As a trader on ebay (buy/sell) I didn't have problems with suspensions and neither I have any as a seller,but I have quite a lot of them as a buyer when I run into bad sellers. I have read the Stealth Book and saw these forums so I've registered. I look forward to learn new things from these forums and to hopefully be able to learn to solve my ebay problems efficiently
Thought I would share the first post made by the OP of this thread.
It seems we (the forum) have a new breed of users. They are only interested in their own agenda. The second thread which I am now answering contradicts this post. I have refrained from answering until I had read and re-read this thread.
To the OP you are out of line with your remarks. By all means decline to take the advice offered but do not insult those who tried to help with SOUND advice.No-one is going to be the Confessor and tell you what to say to paypal. If you lack the maturity to deal with the matter that is your problem. I will say that acting the way you are for such a measly amount is PETTY and immature. Such behaviour does not help.
Old 04-02-2009

Viva La GreenBean!!!
Old 04-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Hummmm.... What should I post about this newbie....
- - -
Old 04-03-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

i just wasted my time reading this thread and typing this reply... op probably deserved to receive a piece of toilet paper for our wasted time.
Old 04-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
Maybe you are at the wrong place here than!
IMO, your posts reflect an extremely arrogant individual, and yes... You have been clear enough. We "ain't" stupid!
Great. Not only I've got average replies,but some primadonna shows up with hurt feelings. Grow up...
Old 04-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0804 View Post
i just wasted my time reading this thread and typing this reply... op probably deserved to receive a piece of toilet paper for our wasted time.
Mmmmh......I wasn't expecting this type of toilet reply. Average,ok,but toilet ones?
I've even specified 'no disrespect meant to anyone', and all these sensitive souls show up. Go figure.
Old 04-03-2009
Threadstarter  

What was I expecting from judgmental people like you with a short fuse? You can't even take a criticism. I have only said that your replies were average,not that you were stupid.
Old 04-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
Hummmm.... What should I post about this newbie....
- - -

Mmmmh....it seems that here if you say something they don't like they'll kick you out without even blinking. Maybe I should be f ake ,smiling stupidly even when I don't have a reason to,and if someone tells me 'go to the police' , I would have to give heartfelt thanks for such insight.
Old 04-03-2009
Threadstarter  

just one other question,though. How do you treat users who are using the free forums? If you treat the paying ones like that,I dare not imagine what happens to the standard users. Do you throw them in a river without giving them a fair trial?
Old 04-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

In the words of the late Dick Emery 'you are awful but I like you'

You can press edit on just one post and add extra notes, rather than submitting loads of replies to yourself...

This is probably an honest mistake, and seller didnt pack poster in tube, if theyve got alot of good feedback, why would they risk their reputation.

forumers can help on some things but in this case, it depends on paypals decsion based on their interpretation of facts and users get different outcomes, its not cut and dried. I have experienced both scenarios, saying you didnt receive it is the better idea, saying you received it and it is empty is less likely to work, the empty box thing is one of paypals dilemmas, all they say is that you should send stuff with tracking to get seller protection, ie send an empty box with tracking and you are covered. If you admit you received it you are less likely to get refund. It also depends on if the listing gave optional tracking and you didnt take it.

Correct, filing a police report, especially for not much money in UK is useless, they dont get involved.

My advice, and you can insult me for it, I quite like that, kinky, is this forum can teach you a great deal, but you must refrain from being too sarcastic, at least whilst you are new. It is not hurt feelings, they are just having fun with you.

please dont ban this guy, I like his posts in a village idiot sort of way....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-03-2009 at 04:28 AM.
Old 04-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

better, I am going to give you my answer. It will take a bit for me to do so. Are you interested in reading what I say and giving your reasonable reply?
Old 04-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
You can press edit on just one post and add extra notes, rather than submitting loads of replies to yourself...

please dont ban this guy, he is amusing in a village idiot sort of way....

Ah yes,the 'edit' button. Thank you for your insightful tip. As regard the rest,I appreciate the fact that someone as clear minded and well spoken as you, shows his intelligence by telling idiots when he's entertained.

Last edited by better~and~better; 04-03-2009 at 04:53 AM.