Seller fraud,how should I report to Paypal - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
better, I am going to give you my answer. It will take a bit for me to do so. Are you interested in reading what I say and giving your reasonable reply?
Ok. I also sent a private message to Aspkin, I'd like to receive his opinion as well. I don't think I did anything wrong,but if I did,I apologize about my earlier posts. I did not mean to offend or insult anyone. When I said that the ebay forums appeared 'stupid' I was referring to certain people only. I wasn't generalizing. Ok?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Regardless this has now got to 23 posts which becomes pointless. One thing you have to understand and accept is that much of your words are against the spirit of the forum. No, aspkin does not need to sanction this thread.I have undertaken to defuse this so we can all move forward.
OK?

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-03-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by better~and~better View Post
Hi,I have recently bought a poster.
The seller sent me a package with a piece of worthless brown paper inside. There was no poster inside. This seller is obviously mentally deranged as I have done nothing wrong to him.
I did not email him about what his fraud meant; I directly reported the fact to ebay. Ebay,as usual,will tell you that they took note but that they can't tell you a thing,etc
I didn't bother to ask 'Mr. Psychoseller' for explanations: before I bought the item,I wrote to him normally (just asked a normal question about the item) and he ignored my message,so I didn't bother to write again.
So based on a lack of communication from the seller, you have assumed he is mentally unstable and therefore must be punished?

Quote:
I now have to open a Paypal dispute. Mr. Psychoseller is not even too bright,since he sent the item with unregistered mail (no signature required).
Therefore I could just say to Paypal that I did not receive the item at all,and they would refund me. In doing so,I would not be lying,since ,I did not receive the item I bought,(and therefore I did not receive it.)
I agree it is silly to send an item by unregistered mail. BUT when you accepted the contract to buy, did you not also accept the shipping method?

Quote:
My dilemma is: if I file the dispute as 'not received' and then I get refunded,what kind of negative feedback should I leave to the seller? I'd like to write that he defrauded me by sending a worthless piece of brown paper. That will not look good on his ebay reputation. But what if he then shows the feedback to paypal? In there,I am basically saying that I received a package,although a worthless one.

I think paypal would not really care,since the seller has no tracking number for the item: and as most people know here,if you send an item without a tracking number,paypal will likely favour the buyer and refund him.

If instead I file the dispute as 'empty box' received etc,paypal would probably refuse to refund me,since they don't really care what the buyer receives. All that matter to them is that the buyer received a package from the seller.

I think I will just report the fraud so as to damage the seller's reputation as much as possible. He deserves it. The poster costed me 20 bucks. What would you do?
From this, I gather you are well and truly miffed that you have not got what you wanted. Instead of taking a moment to think this over, it seems to me you want revenge. There were,imo, a couple of choices:
a further effort to communicate with the seller, filing an item not received dispute. (Here the advice from both Orion & ebaykilla come into play.) Now in the UK, the police will nearly laugh at you for an amount of £17.00 so that is possibly unsuitable. For a higher amount it might be considered.
But read what you said 'to damage the seller's reputation as much as possible.He deserves this'. Why? You do not know what has happened in his life. Jump forward, you leave the nasty fb because you know he is a psycho.
See where I am going? For £17 a seller has been given a neg, if you file with paypal you might get a refund. Then you say it does not matter. See what matters is that YOU need to think more clearly/calmly. The amount is trivial, not worth the hassle. Maybe that seller has had a breakdown, has died, who knows. You asked about what to do. Well on the forum we answer those that pay subscriptions and those that do not. Just because the answers were not what you wanted to hear did not make them incorrect.
SO what am I saying? For £17 I would not bother. Might leave FB but probably not. All the time that would take stops my selling and making money.
That lost money will be recouped.
Old 04-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Regardless this has now got to 23 posts which becomes pointless. One thing you have to understand and accept that much of your words are against the spirit of the forum. No, aspkin does not need to sanction this thread.I have undertaken to defuse this so we can all move forward.
OK?
I did not ask Aspkin to sanction this thread,I only wanted his opinion,which ,I regret to say,has nothing to do with you. You are not Aspkin,are you?

I don't believe I have insulted anyone.
But again,if my earlier posts were interpreted as insults,then I apologize. From now on I'll only ask what I to know,and go 'yes' 'no' and 'thanks' ,if that's what you people prefer,and just avoid everything else.

I did not end up writing some rubbish response and end up being banned,because ,first, I knew that this is exactly what everybody wanted here. Second, I respect Aspkin because in his profile there is that Einstein statement,and I wanted to use it.
Even if I doubt that I will subscribe again (I might not,or I might), maybe I'll learn something by reading other's posts instead of posting.

So: ok Greenbean,your message was recorded and understood.
Old 04-03-2009
Threadstarter  

[quote=GreenBean;81340]

Quote:
So based on a lack of communication from the seller, you have assumed he is mentally unstable and therefore must be punished?
The question is not 'punishing'. I am a seller as well and in 3 years of selling ,I have only found two bad buyers. I have rarely gotten into problems,and the reason is not luck: I always communicate with my buyers as if they were my friends,and I have an excellent reputation for that. I am not even the cheapest seller.

That tells something about what I believe a seller should be. The seller I was talking about completely ignored me. And no,he didn't die. In fact,he relisted the item I bought soon after the listing,although at the time I thought that the item was another one.

Quote:
From this, I gather you are well and truly miffed that you have not got what you wanted. Instead of taking a moment to think this over, it seems to me you want revenge.
On this one,I agree. I wanted revenge. I call it CONSEQUENCES. You reap what you sow. I wish revenge did not exist,but it does. And a seller should be well aware of this: he will lose out more than the buyer does,in the end.

Quote:
Jump forward, you leave the nasty fb because you know he is a psycho.
See where I am going? For £17 a seller has been given a neg, if you file with paypal you might get a refund. Then you say it does not matter. See what matters is that YOU need to think more clearly/calmly.
That's true,I am not the calmest person,but the opposite is also true: if I get treated with respect,I will give back several times over. And in the business world,I think that's key.

Quote:
The amount is trivial, not worth the hassle.
Well,that's wrong. It's my money,and they did not fall from the sky. I am one of the first to know how hard is to earn some money,because I am an hard worker. And when someone buys something from me,I always assume that they all worked hard to pay for my item. To me it's an honour,but sadly not every seller understands that.

Quote:
Maybe that seller has had a breakdown, has died, who knows.
Well,he didn't die,unless he sold other items and exchanged feedback as a zombie?

Quote:
Just because the answers were not what you wanted to hear did not make them incorrect.
I didn't think they were incorrect,just very common,average. Sorry but I don't mean to insult.

Quote:
All the time that would take stops my selling and making money.
That lost money will be recouped.:
On that one,I agree 100 per cent. Unfortunately,as human beings,emotions are often more powerful than logic or money.

But thank you for your thoughtful reply,I really appreciated it.
Old 04-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
In the words of the late Dick Emery 'you are awful but I like you'

You can press edit on just one post and add extra notes, rather than submitting loads of replies to yourself...

This is probably an honest mistake, and seller didnt pack poster in tube, if theyve got alot of good feedback, why would they risk their reputation.

forumers can help on some things but in this case, it depends on paypals decsion based on their interpretation of facts and users get different outcomes, its not cut and dried. I have experienced both scenarios, saying you didnt receive it is the better idea, saying you received it and it is empty is less likely to work, the empty box thing is one of paypals dilemmas, all they say is that you should send stuff with tracking to get seller protection, ie send an empty box with tracking and you are covered. If you admit you received it you are less likely to get refund. It also depends on if the listing gave optional tracking and you didnt take it.

Correct, filing a police report, especially for not much money in UK is useless, they dont get involved.

My advice, and you can insult me for it, I quite like that, kinky, is this forum can teach you a great deal, but you must refrain from being too sarcastic, at least whilst you are new. It is not hurt feelings, they are just having fun with you.

please dont ban this guy, I like his posts in a village idiot sort of way....
You first posted only your last line where you played your name-calling game,then I gave my reply earlier,the one visible above,before my reply here. The stuff about me being a village idiot is all you wrote.

When you saw my other replies,you obviously decided that your 'reply' earlier didn't really make you appear as any better than I appeared,and that's when you finally added all your other stuff.

Sorry,too late,the mess is done.

BTW, I didn't read your additions,nor I do want to. You could have spared yourself the time to write it.

Last edited by better~and~better; 04-03-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-03-2009

Longevity: 91%

DEMANDS Einstein like replies to ordinary issues, assumes things, jumps to conclusions, over reacts + totally incapable of controlling gone through the roof ego....LOL! My feelings hurt? I've raised three boys.......... Just chill and go run three times around the block. Might help a little.

Last edited by Lyda; 04-03-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

no, incorrect, didnt just post last line on first draft, I noticed it was already overtaken on to second page as I came back and forth to edit it, posted quite a lot and then added some more useful info for you, there is no need for you to read it, you are quite right. I always write an answer if Ive experienced something, its not just you that will read it, it may help someone else. Although not sure why you asked a question, if you are not interested in the answer.

If you read what I said I didnt call you a village idiot directly, however I think I may change my mind on that!

Trying to embroil yourself in arguments is counterproductive for you, youve paid some money, so make the most of the forum, otherwise I doubt you will get many serious answers. What you dont realise is that once you establish yourself as a helpful and generous poster, other real help goes on behind the scenes, one to one fixes for individual problems via pms, advice from the admin and long-standing members, I cant tell you where Id be without them, in complete ignorance, especially GBs kindness to me. You are doing yourself out of all of that.... then again you may just have a personality problem and cannot help it, GreenBean has given you a chance to do so..I would take it.

Enjoy reading my posts, I know you will....or I will be devastated

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-03-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

all this nonsense over 20 quid....

yawn
Old 04-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Remember 'they walk among us'

This chap may not be all he seems, beware!
Old 04-05-2009

Does word 'Boomerang' ring a bell?
Old 04-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

I do not know why they bother.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-05-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-05-2009

I know, it's addictive...!
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Us girls came on too heavy, and chased him away...we are most bad

I so wanted to test him on his knowledge of the UK - how he found the elev..I mean lifts, and the sidew.. I mean pavements, and as for the fags..and rubbers....well lost in translation Im sure

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-06-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

lemme smoke a fag
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

"dropped in the ebay desert and left for dead
samaritans bring water, he complains the water tastes a little salty....
my suggestion: you drink the water or you die"

Last edited by yaw1800; 04-06-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Us girls came on too heavy, and chased him away...we are most bad

I so wanted to test him on his knowledge of the UK - how he found the elev..I mean lifts, and the sidew.. I mean pavements, and as for the fags..and rubbers....well lost in translation Im sure
LOL...I'd say........
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Let's move forward now....
Old 04-06-2009

Longevity: 88%

i only had to read as far as "i didn't email the seller" before a nerve was stuck and had to stop reading. if i ever get in a scuff i can just think of some ebay scum such as this one and god help em