ebay seller sold stolen goods - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-08-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Default ebay seller sold stolen goods

Hi,

I bought items from ebay to resell on another platform. product was in original packaging. Due to the nature of product, only much later i found out that products sold are stolen goods(digital info attached to product was fraud). I claimed for refund on ebay, for transaction after return period, i claimed in pp as 180days buyer protection. my pp got limited due to higher than normal rate. i explained my situation and ebay just asked me to go pp. pp doesn't bother saying your account is limited. I am helpless. I am not getting protection as buyer. but i m responsible for buyers who bought from me. I have been doing what I can. Is there any way I can get back money from the ebay seller as ebay and pp doesn't want to cover me. I lost money. I got suspended my seller account in another platform. I lost my pp account, no pp account, I can't run my ebay stores. I can only think of suing but I am outside US.

Thanks for your guidance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-08-2018

Longevity: 79%
Default Re: ebay seller sold stolen goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola24 View Post
Hi,

I bought items from ebay to resell on another platform. product was in original packaging. Due to the nature of product, only much later i found out that products sold are stolen goods(digital info attached to product was fraud). I claimed for refund on ebay, for transaction after return period, i claimed in pp as 180days buyer protection. my pp got limited due to higher than normal rate. i explained my situation and ebay just asked me to go pp. pp doesn't bother saying your account is limited. I am helpless. I am not getting protection as buyer. but i m responsible for buyers who bought from me. I have been doing what I can. Is there any way I can get back money from the ebay seller as ebay and pp doesn't want to cover me. I lost money. I got suspended my seller account in another platform. I lost my pp account, no pp account, I can't run my ebay stores. I can only think of suing but I am outside US.

Thanks for your guidance!
what cost and time frame are we talking here?
Old 10-08-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 32%

a few thousands and less than 3.5 months. I was dropshipping. I don't know how many more will be affected until my buyers complain.
Old 10-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Sounds like they found out you were dropshipping and the stolen goods are now your problem.

This is the pitfalls of dropshipping. You need to deal with the customers at this point as it is not their fault for you not getting the info till much later.

You deal with paypal and the seller on your own, sadly.
Old 10-10-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola24 View Post
a few thousands and less than 3.5 months. I was dropshipping. I don't know how many more will be affected until my buyers complain.
BigCJ is correct - sadly not knowing the details of the items is not a plausible saving excuse :(