Help with importing items for ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-07-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Default Help with importing items for ebay

Reading a lot of post that have many of you importing items. I have went to Alibaba and DH gate but it is so overwhelming where to start.

Can someone please point me the right direction? Not asking for total product finds but a place to start to look and what to look for and not look for. Spent 2 hours last night looking and did not see anything I was concrete about buying to resell on ebay. Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-07-2018

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Help with importing items for ebay

You need to sell something you know about and feel comfortable selling. I started drop shipping stuff off Aliexpress and now am working with 6 different factories making custom items for me. So think about what you are interested in. Start by ordering several things from DHGate or Aliexpress to assess quality and go from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kajunrook For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-07-2018)
Old 11-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Every Chinese seller on Alibaba and DH Gate probably are already selling the same junk on ebay as well....you are not going to beat them when they can sell the same junk for cheap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Play (11-07-2018), walkingupwards (11-07-2018)
Old 11-07-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Reading a lot of post that have many of you importing items. I have went to Alibaba and DH gate but it is so overwhelming where to start.

Can someone please point me the right direction? Not asking for total product finds but a place to start to look and what to look for and not look for. Spent 2 hours last night looking and did not see anything I was concrete about buying to resell on ebay. Thank you.
As others have said, you need to find a unique niche.

BUT, if you are absolute about going this route, or any route for that matter, 2 hours of research, and expecting concrete results is a fantasy.

You need to understand, if you get it right, you'll be selling this product for several months, if not several years, and yielding a lot of profit. If that is the case, you're going to need to put a lot more time in than 2 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
AndrewM (11-10-2018)
Old 11-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Do your research. Don't just pick some items and put them up blindly. It takes work, effort and searching to figure out the right items that will work for you.

You don't want to end up selling the same stuff other Chinese sellers are. You need items with fewer competition, priced right, and actually sell. Pay attention to that last part.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
AndrewM (11-10-2018)
Old 11-08-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post

Just think of an item you like, search it on that website then contact the supplier.

Start there. It'd make things a little easier for you
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
AndrewM (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
As others have said, you need to find a unique niche.

BUT, if you are absolute about going this route, or any route for that matter, 2 hours of research, and expecting concrete results is a fantasy.

You need to understand, if you get it right, you'll be selling this product for several months, if not several years, and yielding a lot of profit. If that is the case, you're going to need to put a lot more time in than 2 hours.
I spent 2 hours trying to learn and create a list. Does not mean I spent two hours for nothing other then seeing 1000s of products and deciding which ones to do further research on. 2 hours is nothing as I spend 4-5 hours at yard sales each weekend. Just looking for items that can be shipped to my door while I am at work.
Old 11-13-2018

Longevity: 83%

Depends what you want out of it, depends on what you already have in place, depends on many factors.

You can literally buy anything from anyone on alibaba from around the world.

So if you have the space for tractors , then great, sell them to farmers iaho or nebraska or somewhere. If not, if all you have is a garage, then you will need to look at smaller items.

Are you already in business?

Do you have a hobby? you go to yard sales / why dont you open a thrift/ antique store?

I can point you in lots of directions, but it helps to know what direction you want to go in in the first place
Old 11-15-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paypalpains View Post
Depends what you want out of it, depends on what you already have in place, depends on many factors.

You can literally buy anything from anyone on alibaba from around the world.

So if you have the space for tractors , then great, sell them to farmers iaho or nebraska or somewhere. If not, if all you have is a garage, then you will need to look at smaller items.

Are you already in business?

Do you have a hobby? you go to yard sales / why dont you open a thrift/ antique store?

I can point you in lots of directions, but it helps to know what direction you want to go in in the first place
I already sell tons from yard sales etc.

Looking to buy imported items as stated in my original post just need a heads up where to start, where not to buy from etc.

I have already mastered the yard sale thing just looking for direction of buying new items.