Will e-commerce cease to exist? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-03-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Will e-commerce cease to exist?

Newspapers love to write articles about the future and what it hides for us. Many "futuristic" writers are hypothesizing that smartphones will cease to exist within the next decade! Laptops will disappear and slim LCD screens will be something from the past.

I don't if they were bored or just looking for something to write and fill up the space in the paper!

I personally think that smartphones & laptops are literally just like cars. The first car was made in the 1800s and they are still in use more than 200 years later. I also think that anyone with a brain between their shoulders will never let go of an industry that will be worth trillions of dollars in the foreseeable future.

Some are speculating that smart glasses like the ones Google made will replace smartphones!! I mean have not they checked Google glasses and what a failure that was

This whole AI fraud hype is gonna end soon I suppose. If nowadays AI can't figure out a captcha code or drive a car without killing someone, then I think there is a very long way to go until AI could replace humans doing very basic stuff.

What do you think?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-03-2018

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 39%
Default Re: Will e-commerce cease to exist?

Delete my post!
Old 12-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
This whole AI fraud hype is gonna end soon I suppose.
Hope you're right. What Silicone Valley is calling AI now is far from AI in sci-fi novels. It's annoying hearing all this stuff about phake "AI".

As for the rest I don't think smartphones or e-com are going anywhere.
Old 12-03-2018

Longevity: 58%

How do you know AI can't recognize captcha lmao. I am pretty sure if you can create deep⊗⊗⊗⊗ with AI where you can barely recognize it from the real thing, recognizing a captcha would be too easy for AI so it would be a waste of time. Check out tesla autonomous driving on youtube, its absolutely amazing and will be common in a few years, just the fact that it is mapping road and all objects around your car in real time is insane to me.
What I don't understand is why would e-commerce cease to exist because of that?
Old 12-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_vobla View Post
How do you know AI can't recognize captcha lmao. I am pretty sure if you can create deep⊗⊗⊗⊗ with AI where you can barely recognize it from the real thing, recognizing a captcha would be too easy for AI so it would be a waste of time. Check out tesla autonomous driving on youtube, its absolutely amazing and will be common in a few years, just the fact that it is mapping road and all objects around your car in real time is insane to me.
What I don't understand is why would e-commerce cease to exist because of that?

https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...XhDKl8DroOG0M:

Google (The largest AI company on this planet), deters fraud from bots via captchas like the one posted above. Online bots that get deployed for online fraud activity are most of the time written by Russian, Ukrainian or Romanian programmers (who are very smart according to Larry Ellison). These bots are technically a high form of AI, that AI fails to bypass captchas btw.

Have you heard about Teslas driving into places and causing major accidents. When there is a reliable new cutting-edge technology, companies usually put themselves in a race to capitalize on that. Why do you think that the big players in the Auto industry all decided to ignore self-driving & electric cars? Just go look around and you can't help but notice how heinous these e-cars look. They make these cars heinous for a reason

I am sorry to break the news for you, but Tesla is a ponzi scheme just like crypto-currencies. It's funny how people will race to invest in firms that claim they have a new technology without ever questioning that technology itself.

Is it really not obvious by now that Elon Musk is a fraudster?!! That guy is as crooked as it could get. After he figured out that the e-car scam is almost over, he now wants to switch to space stuff. Yea, maybe we really need to travel in a rocket instead of a plane (because who doesn't want to be flown by a rocket, right? )

Electric cars are not a new idea, that same idea floated around a lot back in the 80s and 90s and companies tried to develop e-cars back then, but later decided that they are not really worth it.

Supposedly AI can automate a lot of jobs, why the hell do we need AI to automate jobs like cashier, truck driver or window cleaner? Do you realize how many people live off these jobs?

And btw, Climate Change is the biggest hoax humans have ever seen. Be glad that Trump got elected and pulled out of the Paris agreement. Otherwise that wicked project was not going to get derailed and we will end up paying a tax on the f air around us.
Old 12-03-2018

Longevity: 34%

A lot of these concepts are in their infancy. We don't have the infrastructure to accommodate such things as flying cars or AI. In time, we certainly will.

Climate change is very real. The UN is considering methods to begin removing CO2 from our atmosphere. Do you know what happens when there's too much greenhouse gas in the atmosphere? We turn into Mars. It's not until climate change is 'bad for business' that we'll see larger movements in the right direction.

Last edited by Sunspot144; 12-03-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
A lot of these concepts are in their infancy. We don't have the infrastructure to accommodate such things as flying cars or AI. In time, we certainly will.

Climate change is very real. The UN is considering methods to begin removing CO2 from our atmosphere. Do you know what happens when there's too much greenhouse gas in the atmosphere? We turn into Mars. It's not until climate change is 'bad for business' that we'll see larger movements in the right direction.

The UN ... Dude, that's the most corrupt institution on the face of this planet. Climate change is a hoax intended to put tax on the air around you.

Thank god the republican party still exists. The demons (the democrats) have gone totally insane.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Things will always evolve or something will replace it.
I do believe that we won't live to see the day it goes away completely.
Old 12-03-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
The UN ... Dude, that's the most corrupt institution on the face of this planet. Climate change is a hoax intended to put tax on the air around you.

Thank god the republican party still exists. The demons (the democrats) have gone totally insane.
Do you have anything to support these statements?
Old 12-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Google is your friend. There is not just one source supporting my claims, there are thousands.

You should be grateful for what took place in the US a couple years ago. The project to suffocate economic growth has been delayed for now and I hope it will be kept so.

Why the democrats have gone insane? How about weaponizing 3rd world population and bringing them into the US just for votes? How about election fraud? How about all the H1B visas and driving American kids who paid god knows how much for tuition? The list of what harm these people want to cause is endless.
phaz0rz (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018

I looked up UN corrupted but could only find pictures of angry mobs throwing small dead animals at city hall :/
Old 12-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I respect you for seeing through the smokescreen, upwards.

I'm not trying to join an argument or anything, but I've found it takes months and months of research for a person to start understanding how corrupt the world is. Trying to "red-pill" someone else on a forum is a waste or time. If that person wants to start understanding for themselves they will.

For me the botched Vegas coverup caused me to start questioning everything...

Last edited by phaz0rz; 12-03-2018 at 12:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I looked up UN corrupted but could only find pictures of angry mobs throwing small dead animals at city hall :/

I know that people get upset for a reason. Not just for the sake of anger.
Old 12-03-2018

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Something just went off the bull$hit meter. Let's back up here.

Programs by the UN to reduce CO2 levels in the atmosphere are get rich quick schemes.
Old 12-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Something just went off the bull$hit meter. Let's back up here.

Programs by the UN to reduce CO2 levels in the atmosphere are get rich quick schemes.

Oooh I forgot that the people working for the UN have such big hearts and care about humanity and its future.

Dude, there are massacres taking place every day. Do you realize that millions of people have been murdered in the last couple decades and nobody said a word?

Don't you agree that the same people who care about carbon dioxide should also pay attention to the mass murders taking place every single day? Ooh I forgot again, there is no money in that.

Maybe the UN should pay more attention to human rights abuse in the US rather than climate change.

Why were the same groups silent about smuggling heroin into the US and that literally destroyed hundreds of thousands of families?

Dude, if you really believe that there is a group of rich and powerful people out there who care about the atmosphere, you are really living in a dream. I hope you will wake up someday (I am not being sarcastic here btw).

How about gun control? All of the sudden they care about people safety and they want to disarm the population?!!

How about academics in the UK pushing the idea that pedophiles' desires and wishes to have sex with children are justified?

You see the pattern I am trying to make visible here? Certain people in this world (through the wealth and influence they've accumulated) have the power to market good things as bad things and vice versa.

I am tired of people cheering up for their chains
phaz0rz (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018

Quote:
https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...XhDKl8DroOG0M:

Google (The largest AI company on this planet), deters fraud from bots via captchas like the one posted above. Online bots that get deployed for online fraud activity are most of the time written by Russian, Ukrainian or Romanian programmers (who are very smart according to Larry Ellison). These bots are technically a high form of AI, that AI fails to bypass captchas btw.

Have you heard about Teslas driving into places and causing major accidents. When there is a reliable new cutting-edge technology, companies usually put themselves in a race to capitalize on that. Why do you think that the big players in the Auto industry all decided to ignore self-driving & electric cars? Just go look around and you can't help but notice how heinous these e-cars look. They make these cars heinous for a reason

I am sorry to break the news for you, but Tesla is a ponzi scheme just like crypto-currencies. It's funny how people will race to invest in firms that claim they have a new technology without ever questioning that technology itself.

Is it really not obvious by now that Elon Musk is a fraudster?!! That guy is as crooked as it could get. After he figured out that the e-car scam is almost over, he now wants to switch to space stuff. Yea, maybe we really need to travel in a rocket instead of a plane (because who doesn't want to be flown by a rocket, right? )

Electric cars are not a new idea, that same idea floated around a lot back in the 80s and 90s and companies tried to develop e-cars back then, but later decided that they are not really worth it.

Supposedly AI can automate a lot of jobs, why the hell do we need AI to automate jobs like cashier, truck driver or window cleaner? Do you realize how many people live off these jobs?

And btw, Climate Change is the biggest hoax humans have ever seen. Be glad that Trump got elected and pulled out of the Paris agreement. Otherwise that wicked project was not going to get derailed and we will end up paying a tax on the f air around us.
Who cares about what you need. You think some big corp gonna think about what you think or want? They only care about their profits, if AI automation makes them money they don't give a damn about you or your life, sorry to break it to you.
Why the hell do we need cars? So many people own horses and they gonna lose jobs! TERRIBLE!
Old 12-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_vobla View Post
Who cares about what you need. You think some big corp gonna think about what you think or want? They only care about their profits, if AI automation makes them money they don't give a damn about you or your life, sorry to break it to you.
Why the hell do we need cars? So many people own horses and they gonna lose jobs! TERRIBLE!

Replacing horses by cars was just an upgrade to the mean of transportation. People made money during that process.

Why do you take it for granted that companies do whatever they please? They do so as long as they don't see objection. Furthermore they seem to test the water before any major step they take. So if people man up and enforce the law, companies will be helpless as history proved over and over that the will of people can't be challenged.
Old 12-03-2018

Quote:
Oooh I forgot that the people working for the UN have such big hearts and care about humanity and its future.

Dude, there are massacres taking place every day. Do you realize that millions of people have been murdered in the last couple decades and nobody said a word?

Don't you agree that the same people who care about carbon dioxide should also pay attention to the mass murders taking place every single day? Ooh I forgot again, there is no money in that.

Maybe the UN should pay more attention to human rights abuse in the US rather than climate change.

Why were the same groups silent about smuggling heroin into the US and that literally destroyed hundreds of thousands of families?

Dude, if you really believe that there is a group of rich and powerful people out there who care about the atmosphere, you are really living in a dream. I hope you will wake up someday (I am not being sarcastic here btw).

How about gun control? All of the sudden they care about people safety and they want to disarm the population?!!

How about academics in the UK pushing the idea that pedophiles' desires and wishes to have sex with children are justified?

You see the pattern I am trying to make visible here? Certain people in this world (through the wealth and influence they've accumulated) have the power to market good things as bad things and vice versa.

I am tired of people cheering up for their chains
You do know these programs are underfunded, yes? Im guessing they must have to steal your money to get them to work. I can't believe it! NASA must be corrupted too.
Old 12-03-2018

Quote:
Replacing horses by cars was just an upgrade to the mean of transportation. People made money during that process.

Why do you take it for granted that companies do whatever they please? They do so as long as they don't see objection. Furthermore they seem to test the water before any major step they take. So if people man up and enforce the law, companies will be helpless as history proved over and over that the will of people can't be challenged.
What makes you think that upgrading cars to autonomous cars wont bring more money, in your mind its a downgrade instead of an upgrade? Obviously people who owned or bred horses lost money with introduction of cars.
I'm pretty sure uber gonna make a killing with it, transportation/logistic companies gonna make lots and save lots of money. Why would you hire a cashier or a cook to your mcdonalds chain when you can automate it? Oh you say they shouldn't be allowed do it because people without valuable skills need a job too? What do you mean by enforce the law? You say those nasty evil big corp people are above the law? Well then go ahead and expose them, you seem knowledgeable in this topic, you must have some dirt on those scumbags.
Old 12-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
NASA must be corrupted too.
They quite possibly may be.

There's plenty of evidence suggesting NASA phaked the moon landing in an attempt to bankrupt the Soviet Union. Why is it that we were able to land men on the moon and safely return them in the 60's but we can't do it now with exponentially more advanced technology?

The house of cards fell down for me a while back. Anything in the USA (really, the world) that involves money is corrupted to the core.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (12-03-2018), josh (12-03-2018), walkingupwards (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
They quite possibly may be.

There's plenty of evidence suggesting NASA phaked the moon landing in an attempt to bankrupt the Soviet Union. Why is it that we were able to land men on the moon and safely return them in the 60's but we can't do it now with exponentially more advanced technology?

The house of cards fell down for me a while back. Anything in the USA (really, the world) that involves money is corrupted to the core.
Not a lot of incentive to return to the moon, anymore. Barren floating rock w/o life or something groundbreaking to be discovered. :/

A lot of privately owned space exploration companies make NASA's budget look like funny money heh. They are mostly in part driven by economic exploitation through discovery. A lot like pharmaceutical companies. Wouldn't call it corruption, though.

Corruption everywhere. Chinese call it Guanxi, it is customary to "bribe" potential business partners. Indian friend in college ran over / killed Indian citizen in India while drunk driving. Was bailed out of jail because of his father's rank in the military. Very wealthy. Very corrupt.
Old 12-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

the reason why it won't end is because who's going to be the sucker and take the big risks, I know it's not Amazon! Oh that's right, it's the third party sellers that Amazon kicks out every now and then.
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
josh (12-03-2018)