Strange listings, Strange buyers behaviors ? What is it ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-04-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default Strange listings, Strange buyers behaviors ? What is it ?

Hello everyone,
i have question and can't find answer anywhere.
I found a seller on Ebay, and the behavior on some 4 specific listing make me wonder what is behind this:
The seller are from China (info listed on the bottom of the listing), and have 51 products that are shipped from France. The account have over 5000 reviews and 99,1 % positive rate.
Until here nothing abnormal.
But i found on terapeak, and zikanalytics that this seller sold in december 4 basic items (average price by all competitor is around 1 $, but he sold for 6 $).
When i look on the history of sale on the product page ( /89 sold), i only see in a time frame of 10 hours only buyers who bought this items by 3... and this is happen on thoses 4 listing (same items, differents colors), every days.
Most buyers have between 4 to 49 stars.
The listing tittle have 3 words + some letters code to it.
Description have nothing, just a picture of the item.
This is what make me believe something is going on, is the pattern of the buyers, they all bought the items by 3 (like 1 by 1) not by 3 in the same time.
It happen on those 4 listings.
This was in decembre.
Again this month, the seller put same listing, same products, and the pattern repeat again: all buyers bought this over price items by 3 (1 by 1).
You can notice all those 4 listing that buyers by in the same time, and stop in the same time.
Can anyone know what is happening ?
Do you think it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ reviews with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account (i doubt because is a lots of account over 150) ? It's look like bot is buying with multiple accounts.
It is possible ?
Thank anyone who can help me to understand.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Strange listings, Strange buyers behaviors ? What is it ?

Maybe they're selling something other than what's being advertised?

Or they're trying to boost sales in some way.

Only two things I can think of.
Old 01-06-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonaas View Post
Hello everyone,
i have question and can't find answer anywhere.
I found a seller on Ebay, and the behavior on some 4 specific listing make me wonder what is behind this:
The seller are from China (info listed on the bottom of the listing), and have 51 products that are shipped from France. The account have over 5000 reviews and 99,1 % positive rate.
Until here nothing abnormal.
But i found on terapeak, and zikanalytics that this seller sold in december 4 basic items (average price by all competitor is around 1 $, but he sold for 6 $).
When i look on the history of sale on the product page ( /89 sold), i only see in a time frame of 10 hours only buyers who bought this items by 3... and this is happen on thoses 4 listing (same items, differents colors), every days.
Most buyers have between 4 to 49 stars.
The listing tittle have 3 words + some letters code to it.
Description have nothing, just a picture of the item.
This is what make me believe something is going on, is the pattern of the buyers, they all bought the items by 3 (like 1 by 1) not by 3 in the same time.
It happen on those 4 listings.
This was in decembre.
Again this month, the seller put same listing, same products, and the pattern repeat again: all buyers bought this over price items by 3 (1 by 1).
You can notice all those 4 listing that buyers by in the same time, and stop in the same time.
Can anyone know what is happening ?
Do you think it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ reviews with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account (i doubt because is a lots of account over 150) ? It's look like bot is buying with multiple accounts.
It is possible ?
Thank anyone who can help me to understand.
My best advice would be to spend more time worrying about what you can do to improve your own business. It's nice to have an idea what a competitor is doing to see if there's anything you can implement into your own. But it sounds like your putting way too much time into this issue.
Old 01-06-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%

I wouldnt over thing it as much as you are. Better to just focus on what your doing