My Top Rated Seller will be removed by Dropshipping - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-17-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default My Top Rated Seller will be removed by Dropshipping

Your Top Rated Seller status will be removed: Selling practices policy
I received a notification from eBay today, they will removed my top rated seller. and asked me in compliance with the policy. However, I have not dropshipping over 6 months already. All listings are removed 6 months as well. What I can do now? Anyone can help.

Hello,

We’ve determined that you haven’t followed our selling practices policy therefore, we will be removing your Top Rated Seller status until your account is in compliance with the policy.

There is evidence on your account that you are purchasing items from an online retail or marketplace site after you sell the item on eBay and having that retailer ship the item directly to the customer. This is a violation of the terms and conditions section of our Selling practices policy, which states:

·Items you list must be in your inventory or you must have an existing agreement with a third party to fulfill the delivery of the item under the terms of your listing.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: My Top Rated Seller will be removed by Dropshipping

I see many people getting these.....
Old 01-17-2019
Threadstarter  

how they solve it? as I stopped dropshipping over 6 months already. recall from that long period ago? strange
Old 01-17-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyyippy View Post
how they solve it? as I stopped dropshipping over 6 months already. recall from that long period ago? strange
You should contact them . Many people who have top rated seller and do not dropshipping also got this message . It could have been an error .
Old 01-17-2019

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 75%

How did they get evidence of your dropshipping activity? Did customers leave feedback which might suggest so?, or tracking?
Old 01-17-2019

Longevity: 58%

Could be feedback, whether present - revised - removed, a customer survey, or even higher than usual returns shipped back to different address(es). Could also be weather related. If everything is now on the up and up, I'd definitely call them...repeatedly if necessary...to urge them for TRS reinstatement.
Old 01-17-2019

Longevity: 44%

Seems like its happening all over the place
Old 01-17-2019

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafoman View Post
How did they get evidence of your dropshipping activity? Did customers leave feedback which might suggest so?, or tracking?
Usually triggered by tracking showing items being shipping from various locations.
Old 01-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%

Just had a guy contact me about the same situation.
Looks like ebay is cracking down on dropshippers - hard.
Old 01-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

People have been saying dropshipping is a dead method for couple years. This now adds ti the drama
Old 01-17-2019

I also received this message yesterday. Did someone get speak to eBay about this message?
Old 01-17-2019

Longevity: 75%

I do not recommend Drop Shipping these days. I did it for one year and lost an 8 year old ebay account cause of it. Recently, ebay developed new Algorithms with a combination with third party drop-shipping apps connected to your ebay account by API, they have ways now figuring out who is drop-shipping and who is not. if you decide to do it, I recommend doing manually and do not connect it with any 3rd party apps.
Not sure if everyone aware of this but in 2018 an Israeli Drop-shipping app developer sued ebay for algorithm manipulation and ranking drop-shippers subscribers last on search results. The lost suite was dismissed and thrown out with no merit by Israeli courts. (Basically Ebay won)
Old 01-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

People....Continue dropshipping, thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
sax4 (01-21-2019), warmfun (01-19-2019)
Old 01-18-2019

Drop shipping is definitely getting harder. I dont think it is going to disappear any time soon though, people will just have to find smarter ways to get around it.

One thing is for sure, its not going to be as simple as setting up a 3rd party tool that does everything for you, and sitting back and collecting your royalties. Those days are long gone.
Old 01-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 58%

Does being a top rated seller make any difference? As a frequent ebay buyer I go by feedback and how many of the said item has sold when it comes to making my decision. I never look to see if they are top rated or not.
Old 01-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
Does being a top rated seller make any difference? As a frequent ebay buyer I go by feedback and how many of the said item has sold when it comes to making my decision. I never look to see if they are top rated or not.
Top rated generally means they are a reliable seller.

It all depends on what you're buying. Some items need more thorough interrogation than others.
Old 01-18-2019

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 50%

When I see "drop shipping is getting harder" I can't help but read it as "drop shipping is getting more profitable"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emporium For This Useful Post:
Camaro2SS (01-19-2019), sax4 (01-21-2019)
Old 01-19-2019

i think if you are not getting any sales for months ebay will removed you for being a top rated because you are not hitting the number of sales required for being a top rated seller.
Old 01-19-2019

It's not that eBay are just removing your Top Seller but they also make sure your listings will appear at the bottom for search results. This is the real problem.
Old 01-19-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 37%

Ebay doesn't have a problem with dropshipping they just want you to do it right which a lot of people don't. They contacted me recently because of the increased sales activity on my account. I use all U.S. suppliers, have a great track record but what they said gave me some good insight moving forward. The call went like this:

Ebay Guy: Hi, my name is Tom from Ebay Customer Service. Is this RigorAndMonroe?
Me: Yea, that's me
Ebay Guy: Hey. We were just calling because of the increased sales activity going on with your account compared to last year. Do you mind if we ask you some questions?
Me: No, go right ahead.
Ebay Guy: OK. Who are your suppliers and where are they located? Are you dropshipping products? Do you have anybody else helping you get orders out?
Me: Yes, I do use suppliers to fulfill my orders but all of my suppliers are located in the US and I have personal relationships with them all. All of my buyers get their products within 7 days and some even receive them in half the time.
Ebay Guy: Yes, Mr. RigorAndMonroe. We are looking at your account now and we can see that you have all positive feedback from your buyers. We were just calling to ask some questions because the problem with most dropshippers is they fall behind on orders. We see that you do not have a problem with that.
Me: Yeah. The issue with most people that dropship is they don't have an actual relationship with their suppliers and they use Chinese suppliers so if something goes wrong they're like a fish outta water. I told myself if I was going to do it, I was going to do it the right way and use all US suppliers.
Ebay Guy: And we thank you for that. We see that your account is in above average standing and we just wanted to call ask some questions. That's all. Keep up the good work.
Me: Ok I appreciate the call. Thank you.
*Click*

They called and grilled me. I didn't lie to them. I was real with it. My sales have skyrocketed even more since then and I've been getting even more positive feedback. So, they DON'T have a problem with dropshipping but they kind of do. It's just most people that dropship online weren't taught right. If you do it already and you come up in the system, yes, they will call you and ask you questions. If they look at your selling history and your buyers are happy campers they will let you cook.

TL;DR: LEARN HOW TO VET YOUR SUPPLIERS.

Last edited by RigorAndMonroe; 01-19-2019 at 03:15 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RigorAndMonroe For This Useful Post:
Dufus (01-20-2019), tuananhuk (09-06-2020)
Old 01-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

If you dropship from a supplier who can get the customers product in a decent amount of days, then you should have no problem. It's the crap from China that takes 2-3 weeks just to get it, and some take looooonger. I once bought an item that said it was from a US seller, shipped from California (where I live), god damn thing took 4.5 weeks....chewed out the seller...gave them a negative also.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
RigorAndMonroe (01-19-2019)
Old 01-20-2019

Longevity: 32%

They got rid of my 5 year TOP RATED SELLER account couple months ago and I don't even do drop shipping and they started accusing me of something else and asked for invoice proof. So, I provided them with the proof and they just told they don't want to do business with me.