Thread Got Suspended... I feel like I'm on eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-18-2019

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 50%
Default Thread Got Suspended... I feel like I'm on eBay

I made a thread about how I wanted an eBay defect/negative feedback removal service. I can't find it now, curious to know whether aspkin deleted it or if there was just some sort of glitch.

Anyway, I was going to share my results.

I called 3 times last night and explained the situation to 3 reps arguing my points and why I was right for 30 minutes each time. In the end, they all said sorry our policy says no.

I called 2 more times and went through the same process this morning. I then called a 6th time and the rep was like yeah some buyers don't read at all which isn't fair for you and told me he removed the defect in the first 5 minutes so I asked about another and he said no problem and took that off too.

I almost feel like with an army of people continuously calling to remove any defects or negative feedbacks you would never have anything to worry about. Once my business gets a little bit bigger I honestly might hire someone to work full time just on harassing eBay until he gets the results I want.

TL:DR - 2 defects removed after 6 reps and 3 hours of talking to eBay
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 19%
Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Thread Got Suspended... I feel like I'm on eBay

Just shows being persistent works. ��
Old 01-18-2019
Threadstarter  

I'm also curious to hear what is possible. Any stories of the most ridiculous thing you've gotten removed by sheer luck of getting the right rep? Also is it possible to have a defect removed the same day? I have always been told that defects can only be processed on a Thursday and so my seller status will be below standard for next month because the 20th (evaluation) comes before the next Thursday. I don't think this is possible to bypass but if it is I will go ahead and spend the next 48 hours straight calling to find someone who can do it.
Old 01-18-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%

Fairly certain if the buyer doesn't read description then claims item not described it would fall under buyer remorse, which per policy isn't honored. A rep told me I needed to accept a return because of buyer remorse, so goes to show they're not always up to snuff on their own policies. I didn't have to accept the return.

Now that Ebay auto approves returns it's worse than amazon.

Last edited by Sunspot144; 01-18-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-18-2019
Threadstarter  

I am definitely noticing patterns after calling xx times. When I get an American CS rep (which tends to be during non-peak call hours) I always have much better results because they tend to take things into their own hands more than the Filipino robots.

With time and practice, there are clearly tactics you can use- ie ending the call ASAP if you don't get an American because of it's probably just a waste of time any other way.

I actually just got 2 defects removed by an awesome rep who not only did that but also reimbursed me for the return shipping costs- and I used my own return labels. He asked how much they cost me and I made up a random number $11.87 and he was like ok cool I'll send that back to you too. I probably could've gotten like $25 but the defect was the main concern so I didn't want to take too much advantage of him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emporium For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emporium View Post
I am definitely noticing patterns after calling xx times. When I get an American CS rep (which tends to be during non-peak call hours) I always have much better results because they tend to take things into their own hands more than the Filipino robots.

With time and practice, there are clearly tactics you can use- ie ending the call ASAP if you don't get an American because of it's probably just a waste of time any other way.

I actually just got 2 defects removed by an awesome rep who not only did that but also reimbursed me for the return shipping costs- and I used my own return labels. He asked how much they cost me and I made up a random number $11.87 and he was like ok cool I'll send that back to you too. I probably could've gotten like $25 but the defect was the main concern so I didn't want to take too much advantage of him.
I agree with this. I'm often able to go further with the US based reps then the outsourced Filipino ones. Every once in awhile you'll just get a really good rep that will go to the ends of the earth to help you out. I also let them know I really appreciate it, and even make a little small talk with them. You tone and being friendly yourself goes a long way. These are real people with feelings, and they deserve to be treated with some respect.
Old 01-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
I agree with this. I'm often able to go further with the US based reps then the outsourced Filipino ones. Every once in awhile you'll just get a really good rep that will go to the ends of the earth to help you out. I also let them know I really appreciate it, and even make a little small talk with them. You tone and being friendly yourself goes a long way. These are real people with feelings, and they deserve to be treated with some respect.
Correct - and if you have a bad pp rep, you can try calling in again for a better one - be professional and polite, always