Finding items to sell on ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-15-2019

Activity: 13%
Longevity: 39%
Default Finding items to sell on ebay

Hello,

I have been selling on ebay for over a year now and have been making some extra cash, but I have been stuck in the same level for a while now and have been trying to find what to sell with no luck so far. I listed additional items I could potentially sell but no one seems interested in them.

The question is simple - how do you guys look out there what to sell that could get you some profit?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Finding items to sell on ebay

I guess I stumbled into my primary niche out of necessity. I needed an item one day, saw how many sellers were getting rich selling tons of said item on eBay, got jealous, and started investigating sources.

I guess you could look for necessities that almost everyone needs, and see if you could profit any on those types of items.
Old 01-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Activity: 13%
Longevity: 39%

Thank you, phazorz.

I agree with you, but the thing is, it seems like ebay is overfilled with everything these days
Old 01-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhard View Post
Thank you, phazorz.

I agree with you, but the thing is, it seems like ebay is overfilled with everything these days
That's very true - sadly. You can try for rare items or sell high-volume, hot items. Takes a lot of research and time. Or get creative and develop your own products...but risky as it may fail.
Old 01-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Thank you, phazorz.

Oh, I know.

It takes a lot of work to build up your buying power. If you knew of a good niche I guess you could jump right in with a business loan if you like taking risks. It takes buying power to be successful in any of the saturated niches, but it's possible.

Back in the day I used steep slightly illegal postage discounts to gain an edge over my competitors. I grew from there and started focusing on the wholesale/B2B side. Once you're at the point where you can drop $10k buying some of every item you keep in stock your profit margins increase.
Old 01-18-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%

One source I am really loving is the Goodwill Outlet Store if they have them in your state. They rotate the goods every HOUR so if you stay long enough you can find really about anything...electronics, clothing, one of a kind items, etc, and you don't pay per piece, you pay per pound. I am doing about $125/week on Mercari + another $500-800 per month buying books from there to sell of Amazon...this is just sprinkled on top of my regular eBay earnings I have had all along. If they have these in your state, check it out!
Old 01-18-2019

Longevity: 30%

alibaba is the way to go
The Following User Says Thank You to slat77 For This Useful Post:
ivanicon (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Thank you, phazorz.

Nah bro. Calling Ebay "oversaturated" or "overfilled" is an excuse people tell themselves so they can be lazy. There are still very unique highly profitable items out there to sell you just have to do the research. You can either do it the old school way or use a research tool. I found a good one recently called Zik Analytics that makes the process easier. They have a free trial that should give you enough time to find something. If you want a manual technique, write down all of the Ebay categories that interest you, go through the Sold/Completed Listings for each one and write down any trends that you notice. I say "categories that interest you" because it doesn't make it so much of a chore if you already know a little bit about the niche you're in. You gotta have that hustler's mentality though man. There are people out here eating off this platform. Go and get your piece of the pie dude.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RigorAndMonroe For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (01-19-2019), Rajderiks (06-07-2019)
Old 01-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigorAndMonroe View Post
Nah bro. Calling Ebay "oversaturated" or "overfilled" is an excuse people tell themselves so they can be lazy. There are still very unique highly profitable items out there to sell you just have to do the research. You can either do it the old school way or use a research tool. I found a good one recently called Zik Analytics that makes the process easier. They have a free trial that should give you enough time to find something. If you want a manual technique, write down all of the Ebay categories that interest you, go through the Sold/Completed Listings for each one and write down any trends that you notice. I say "categories that interest you" because it doesn't make it so much of a chore if you already know a little bit about the niche you're in. You gotta have that hustler's mentality though man. There are people out here eating off this platform. Go and get your piece of the pie dude.
You hit the nail on the head with this.

I hate to say it, but there are way too many lazy people who want to be spoon fed and don't want to put in the work to research trending items. By "work" I mean spending the time it takes to research the sold items in various categories, looking for trends, etc. After spending a couple hours, I was able to find some items that ended up being hot sellers. Am I going to just tell everyone what those items are? Not a chance. People need to get off their asses and locate them themselves.

There are so many unsaturated niches on eBay it's not funny. I don't have to sell in some niche like cellphone assessories that's overrun with Chinese sellers, either. As far as I'm concerned, cellphone accessories is one of the absolute worst niches to sell in. I like items that are undiscovered my the masses yet sell like hotcakes. Yes, they definitely exist people.