How is he still alive? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-08-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: How is he still alive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca0701 View Post
How is this account still alive?

https://www.ebay.com/usr/id4shoes?_t...p2047675.l2559

This seller is clearly selling phakes, but his account never gets taken down. Some of the pictures he uses, are not stock pictures and you can clearly tell they are phake. Additionally, look at all the negatives and neutrals stating that they are phake.
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Please post some sort of "WARNING eBay link" message before posting these kind of links (forum policy)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-08-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%

lots of good invoices I would assume
Old 02-08-2019

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrami_on_rye View Post
This seller does not sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗. They have been around for a very long time and I know of several people on sneaker forums that have vouched for them. Just because he has a few negatives saying "⊗⊗⊗⊗" doesn't mean anything. Think about the amount of shoes they have moved over the years...you're bound to deal with quite a few idiot buyers. If some don't get their way they will say anything or are simply not knowledgeable of the product they are buying...
ya im sure he bought 7000 nikes at full retail price and sells them at retail with 20% eBay fees and still profits
Old 02-08-2019

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datpiff View Post
ya im sure he bought 7000 nikes at full retail price and sells them at retail with 20% eBay fees and still profits

The seller is based in Asia, that where all the brand-shoes factories are located. It could be that he has some connections that will take care of delivering shoes at factory-price to him. Who knows... The fact that he has been selling these shoes for years now without getting suspended is a sign that his dealings are legit. Otherwise he would have been booted long time ago due to competition reporting him...etc
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
ivanicon (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datpiff View Post
How do you know they are buying the items at full retail price?

I don't see any conclusive proof that the items are ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
ivanicon (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019

Longevity: 32%

Most likely corruption, this guy knows what he's doing.
Old 02-09-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 30%

For the people, that are not convinced he is selling knock offs. Take a look at the black pair, notice how the 'AIR' inscribed on the right corner is black? This is supposed to be white.

Also, take a look at 'R', if you take a look at some authentic stock images from retailers, it's just so obvious these are ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

Your follow up response to this might be, "He doesn't use his own images, therefore he might have uploaded a bad stock picture"

No, the are moving like hot potatoes at the moment. These are what you'd call 'HYPE' sneakers, whilst all his other listing are just regular sneakers, these move quickly and people have uploaded a lot of Youtube videos on how to authenticate these sneakers. My guess is that he used this image explicitly to inform buyers on what they would be getting (i.e ⊗⊗⊗⊗) and in the event of chargebacks/SNAD cases, he could argue that picture in his listing was the true likeness of what he sold.

Last edited by Rebecca0701; 02-10-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-09-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I love the Anger, then tension in this thread. Rebecca0701, just say the word....well have this seller "taken care of" immediately!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Dufus (02-09-2019), nickopedia (02-09-2019), Rebecca0701 (02-10-2019)
Old 02-09-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 57%

How many of these can a 6 months old account sell without any issues?
Would listing them for 3-7 days reduce the risk?
Old 02-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufus View Post
How many of these can a 6 months old account sell without any issues?
Would listing them for 3-7 days reduce the risk?
Probably quite a few to be honest.

But a competitor would post on Reddit that you are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and you will get a bunch of reports and people will buy and file a SNAD counterfeit claim.
Old 02-10-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 57%

Would would you think they would do something like that?
Also if you look at that seller's 3th photo you'll see that the logo AIR is in white.So they might be original sneakers.
Old 02-11-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufus View Post
Would would you think they would do something like that?
Also if you look at that seller's 3th photo you'll see that the logo AIR is in white.So they might be original sneakers.
There is a sub-reddit devoted to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ sneakers and clothing. The people that frequent this sub reddit hate people who sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ as authentics. So, all it takes is for someone to link your eBay on that reddit and a ton of people who like ⊗⊗⊗⊗ clothing and sneakers will buy from you with the intention of filing couterfeit claims with eBay. Since it means they get to keep the sneakers and get their money back.

Also, regarding the white AIR logo, that's what I was trying to explain in my post above. Notice how all his other pictures for his trainers are stock images in a white background? Don't you think it's strange that the first picture for these trainers, are a picture of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ without a white background? I don't think that was coincidence and I think he was just trying to get a message across to his buyers or try to save his ass in the event of chargebacks.
Old 02-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

He may be trying to lower buyer expectations like you said by showing a phake in the first photo then showing the real shoes in other listing photos.

But, it's not going to make any difference at all in cases of chargebacks or disputes since it's still illegal to sell counterfeits. Maybe this method is saving him a few chargebacks because some buyers will understand they aren't getting the real thing. If the buyer does take that step and start a chargeback though, the seller wouldn't have a chance of winning.
Old 02-11-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
He may be trying to lower buyer expectations like you said by showing a phake in the first photo then showing the real shoes in other listing photos.

But, it's not going to make any difference at all in cases of chargebacks or disputes since it's still illegal to sell counterfeits. Maybe this method is saving him a few chargebacks because some buyers will understand they aren't getting the real thing. If the buyer does take that step and start a chargeback though, the seller wouldn't have a chance of winning.

It's illegal in the US. Item location on his listings is Taiwan (where nobody gives a $hit )

OP, have you bought a pair of shoes from this seller? Maybe the guy is really legit. It can't be that 99.7% of his buyers couldn't spot a ⊗⊗⊗⊗
Old 02-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
It can't be that 99.7% of his buyers couldn't spot a ⊗⊗⊗⊗
I think you know that's not true just based on your niche in the past....
Old 02-11-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I think you know that's not true just based on your niche in the past....

That's exactly why I said what I said. People don't care much about a 5$ item if it turned out to be phake, but worked very well. However, customers would be enraged if they paid 100$ and didn't get what they bought.

Jeese, if I sell phake Nikes or Adidas in Germany, customers will file police reports left and right

Again, I strongly believe the guy is selling legit items. I know that some lucky people in China do have connections to legit supply chains where stuff get passed over. It's impossible for Nike or any other company to fully control the supply chain.

If you're well connected in an Asian country, you will get the real stuff for a price that will shock you.

OP, corruption in Asia is through the roof, so please don't judge the seller unless you bought a pair of shoes from them yourself.

EDIT:

I can't help myself but wonder how idiotic these counterfeiters are!! If someone could phake an Adidas shoe so good that most people couldn't spot the difference, why the hell don't they start their own thing and compete globally!! I mean they have clearly figured out the manufacturing process, they just need new designs

Last edited by walkingupwards; 02-11-2019 at 04:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
Rebecca0701 (02-11-2019)
Old 02-12-2019

Longevity: 38%

Quote:

EDIT:

I can't help myself but wonder how idiotic these counterfeiters are!! If someone could phake an Adidas shoe so good that most people couldn't spot the difference, why the hell don't they start their own thing and compete globally!! I mean they have clearly figured out the manufacturing process, they just need new designs
Because the brand name sell more than everything
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrowcp View Post
Because the brand name sell more than everything
The brand name does jack up the price.
Old 02-12-2019

This is what I am talking about. If they know how to manufacture shoes so well, why not start their own brand! Sure, it will take time and years of hard work, but if it works out at the end, they will make billions.
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
This is what I am talking about. If they know how to manufacture shoes so well, why not start their own brand! Sure, it will take time and years of hard work, but if it works out at the end, they will make billions.
Because building a brand is a huge gamble that may or may not pay off some day in the future, but making flawless copies of a well known high-dollar brand is guaranteed income from the get go.

Case in point : A few years ago I spent the time and money having a stamp made so we could have custom branded on Lightning cables. Ordered a total of 3k cables with our logo about 4 years ago and we still haven't sold all of the original order. If they were Belkin cables though we would have sold out within 1 month at the most.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 02-13-2019 at 07:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
mrowcp (02-13-2019)
Old 02-12-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca0701 View Post
For the people, that are not convinced he is selling knock offs. Take a look at the black pair, notice how the 'AIR' inscribed on the right corner is black? This is supposed to be white.

Also, take a look at 'R', if you take a look at some authentic stock images from retailers, it's just so obvious these are ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

Your follow up response to this might be, "He doesn't use his own images, therefore he might have uploaded a bad stock picture"

No, the are moving like hot potatoes at the moment. These are what you'd call 'HYPE' sneakers, whilst all his other listing are just regular sneakers, these move quickly and people have uploaded a lot of Youtube videos on how to authenticate these sneakers. My guess is that he used this image explicitly to inform buyers on what they would be getting (i.e ⊗⊗⊗⊗) and in the event of chargebacks/SNAD cases, he could argue that picture in his listing was the true likeness of what he sold.
what does it matter? what do YOU sell?
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanicon View Post
what does it matter? what do YOU sell?
Shoes, I would guess.