What are #1 reasons why ebay accounts get suspended? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-06-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default What are #1 reasons why ebay accounts get suspended?

I seem to be writing bit often regarding being reinstated but it's like getting second chance in life and I want to have the mindset of that it's my final chance of holding my original account paired with adyen. (paypal is gone forever).
I got suspended due to dsr shipping around 2012 and waited 6 years to get it reinstated (each year I just emailed them and I felt like I dodged a bullet because they could have permanently blocked me since I was so persistent and annoying). Anyways, during that time of absence I was gonna do stealth but seems my heart gets little racy in certain situations of hiding things and getting caught etc so never did and I think not being linked helped get my account back, which was a good long 6 year wait!

What I don't get is that i got axed for dsr in shipping but I see lot of sellers who have very low shipping dsr's and also low percentage overall rating and yet they were able to sell continuously.

So what I sold was items that were exclusive to me from a manufacture but they went out of business and did get a flood of items being not shipped and was refunded via paypal. (I would say roughly 20 to 25 items) and dsr sunk pretty low. I also manufactured soft goods as I had a full fledge screen printing shop and some were not being shipped as fast and ebay doesn't care if it's custom done or not (despite you mentioning timeframe) and cares more about customers getting the items. (customers never read listings and that's bit unfair as they should no what to expect). Anyways,

So my question is :
1. Since I'm being extra careful now what are usually the reasons for suspension?

Is mostly due to selling vero items? Items from China and dropshipping time?

2. What are some principles you guys go buy that helps keep your account in good standing .. Any random tips welcome!!!!! I'll take any concrete advice and implement it.

I do know #1 for me right now is communication with customers and if you are able to show empathy and work with them they will be more patient and able to work with you instead of taking it to the next level of chargeback etc..
Sorry long post but just want to start off right with good advice and foundation.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 30%
Default Re: What are #1 reasons why ebay accounts get suspended?

You can sell Vero items without issue as long as you don't use company verbiage, logos, pics, fonts etc. Just take a pic of what you're selling and use your own description.

People who avoid Vero stuff are nimrods. Its not the product thats the problem, its the way you list it.
Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 72%

In order of frequency: poor customer service ( failure to deal with open cases and the like ), then bad products ( defects, complaints, chargebacks or VERO/phakes ).
Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
In order of frequency: poor customer service ( failure to deal with open cases and the like ), then bad products ( defects, complaints, chargebacks or VERO/phakes ).
#1 number reason is fast sales.
Old 02-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
I's say dropshipping snide goods was a pretty sure and quick way to get your account closed. Why the surprise?
snide goods? you mean chinese goods? Dropshipping since customers will usually get the item late right?
Old 02-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
i see.. seems vero is not the # 1 reason I thought. as mentioned good communicatoin can go long ways. Lot of empathy for customers.. which takes time but it's worth it
Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm50 View Post
#1 number reason is fast sales.
I agree with this for sure, maybe if the account is seasoned 60-90 it wont be that much of an issue. But if your plowing thru sales....good bye account.
Old 02-06-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Don't screw over buyers, deal with issues promptly, be professional.
Old 02-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdude View Post
I agree with this for sure, maybe if the account is seasoned 60-90 it wont be that much of an issue. But if your plowing thru sales....good bye account.
your talking about stealth only though right?
Old 02-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
your talking about stealth only though right?
It doesn't matter whether it's stealth or real.
Old 02-06-2019
Threadstarter  

That's odd because if your selling legit items fast on ebay it should be win win situation for both parties. Or maybe ebay thinks some items are stolen or something so they want to be safe?

Well, back in the days when i used to sell on ebay 1999 that's when I started, all these rules were not implemented and thought you were untouchable. Remember being banned like 3 times when starting out and was simple to get back on. Now I realize how the original gangsters made lot of money cause the enforcement and technology wasn't there.
Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:

Well, back in the days when i used to sell on ebay 1999 that's when I started, all these rules were not implemented and thought you were untouchable. Remember being banned like 3 times when starting out and was simple to get back on. Now I realize how the original gangsters made lot of money cause the enforcement and technology wasn't there.
Yeah I opened a stealth account in 2008 and immediately sold super high risk stuff (blu ray players, game consoles, Bose headphones etc) without an issue. The glory days haha
Old 02-06-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,910 Times in 8,203 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Those were the days of money orders and checks in the mail...think about it...golden age
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (02-08-2019)
Old 02-07-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Those were the days of money orders and checks in the mail...think about it...golden age
Yeah it was such a thrill getting a check or money order. Especially money order cause you know it's legit and don't have to wait to clear .. However checks sometimes gave headache as it bounced sometimes and had to pay the fines.. Hence ebay probably stopped that..
Old 02-08-2019

Longevity: 37%

Retail dropshipping (yes, some of you know how to do it right. A LOT don't)
Customer Service
Order cancellations
Not setting realistic shipping times
Old 02-08-2019
Executive [VIP]

Another one is having a high return rate.

I had one eBay with a return rate over 25% and it was MC011'd likely due to that reason alone because there were no other issues with my DSR's or other metrics, cases, or being below standard.
Old 02-08-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Another one is having a high return rate.

I had one eBay with a return rate over 25% and it was MC011'd likely due to that reason alone because there were no other issues with my DSR's or other metrics, cases, or being below standard.
So now I realize that being suspended isn't usually cause of vero items . Being suspended seems like ebay just doesn't like your game plan and not performing to their standards . So they just want you gone and will be hard to get back on as they just want best of the best. Or lot of money from large businesses which don't have stellar feedback but lot of revenue, am I correct?

So not wanting to be suspended. I should start really slow again and just constantly monitor dsr's and make customers king (even though inside , I wanna punch some customers in the face)
The Following User Says Thank You to nakamuru For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (02-08-2019)
Old 02-11-2019

Quote:
That's odd because if your selling legit items fast on ebay it should be win win situation for both parties. Or maybe ebay thinks some items are stolen or something so they want to be safe?

Well, it's risky for PayPal, eBay usually won't limit you.

Back in 1999 their system wasn't advanced.
Old 02-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm50 View Post
Well, it's risky for PayPal, eBay usually won't limit you.

Back in 1999 their system wasn't advanced.
But now ebay and adyen is in.. Do you think it will be similar to not list so fast etc and high risk items ...

By the way, let say I list a lot of items fast and it's more like clearing out my clutter in my place (old laptops, collectables , books etc..) will this still raise a flag? I understand if I had like 20 iphones that are new to sell instantly etc but not sure if used items that will sell apply too
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

There is no question that ebay has lots of hidden metrics that count against sellers. Yes, there are the "official" ones like DSR's and defect count.

You can be sure that feedback DOES play a part as well as the rete of returns. Possibily other external factors such as where you are shipping from, if you use API (3rd party apps), what types of items you are selling, and a bunch of other things.
Old 02-12-2019

Longevity: 31%

high returns rate
high not received cases claims
vero items
The Following User Says Thank You to MrStyle For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (02-12-2019)
Old 02-13-2019
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

The big 2 are selling high risk items and selling too much too soon on a new account.