Ebay and Paypal are allowing me to create multiple account even after suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-20-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Ebay and Paypal are allowing me to create multiple account even after suspension

I wont get into long winded details, but eBay has been letting me run a seller account even when they sent me a note linking me to an old seller account (now buyer account) that went down 2 years ago.

I also lost my paypal account for doing something stupid and they basically told me any account with the same bank or CC will be taken down. So I just created 2 paypal accounts from the same IP address with different CC and bank info and had no issue whatsoever.

I have even linked my second ebay account to the paypal from my old seller account (now buyer account) without issue and have been selling without problems.

My theory is that eBay/Paypal are not enforcing their lifetime bans anymore because they are getting creamed by Amazon and need this business. Either that or they just don't care anymore.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-20-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Ebay and Paypal are allowing me to create multiple account even after suspension

Trust me, they care...

I mean feel free to keep doing what you do until they pull the rug.

I personally like to make everything correctly in the beginning to avoid problems in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-23-2019)
Old 03-20-2019

Longevity: 68%
Default Re: Ebay and Paypal are allowing me to create multiple account even after suspension

Let us know if they are still up and selling in a few weeks time. It will be interesting to know.
Old 03-20-2019

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

Please post back in several months on this same thread to confirm you are still up and running as I might have a go as well then.

I still have a genuine paypal that was never limited when ebay suspended me.

That's not to say I won't be running stealths. I would still like to see if I can get a genuine account up and running again.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (03-21-2019)
Old 03-20-2019

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 39%

Lol give it a few weeks or a few month and you will get limited, 100%
Old 03-20-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

This has always been the case. It is also fact that if you have any problems at all, they will close your account very quickly. Paypal is stricter than ebay. One chargeback or one paypal case and they may close you down instantly and make it really hard to get your money.
Old 03-20-2019

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Trust me, they care...

I personally like to make everything correctly in the beginning to avoid problems in the future.
100% agreed...you don't want to waste your time and hard work and feel sorry later on.
Old 03-22-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Trust me, they care...

I agree with you that you should follow the process. But since they already linked my accounts and let me sell I figure I am fine. I also created a stealth account just in case, but I don't want to use it unless my original goes down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloncoly View Post
Let us know if they are still up and selling in a few weeks time. It will be interesting to know.
I'm still running, I'll write back if I go down.

Last edited by SaiJin; 03-22-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-22-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Go for it, hope the best for you.

in the mean time, do make or buy more accounts as back up and use them
Old 03-22-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
This has always been the case. It is also fact that if you have any problems at all, they will close your account very quickly. Paypal is stricter than ebay. One chargeback or one paypal case and they may close you down instantly and make it really hard to get your money.
When my ebay account went down someone asked for a return and my paypal went negative. Is that why they closed the account? The morons who work there would only say I violated the agreement. However, the language was basically we will shut down any account with the same bank and credit card. Which said to me just create another account with different information and so far so good.
Old 03-22-2019

My genuine/original paypal (which I still have) went in to suspension mode last year after going into negative. That's when they asked for everything ... receipts, proof of dispatch bla bla bla the usual stuff. But as I was legit with a legitimate registered business they re-instated it within 24 hours of submission.

But the negative balance triggered that manual review.
Old 03-23-2019

Longevity: 78%

while the OP is going to completely fail, lol

IN his defense, I do have an ebay account that is linked to a suspended ebay account, but it was suspended like 15 years ago. The only way to remove the suspension, is to provide them with invoices for products I was selling. From 15 years ago.....
Old 03-23-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew7676 View Post
I agree with you that you should follow the process. But since they already linked my accounts and let me sell I figure I am fine. I also created a stealth account just in case, but I don't want to use it unless my original goes down.

I'm still running, I'll write back if I go down.
You don't want to use it unless your original goes down? So, you'd rather just be stuck with an account that has ZERO history or forward movement? Why? Use BOTH. It's ridiculous to only use the one, which everyone is telling you WILL go down. It's not if, it's WHEN. It WILL go down. Period. So why would you want to have to scramble, after waking up one morning, with NO accounts working for you?

You start NOW, so that if something does happen, you don't go to zero sales over night. I mean, come on man, this is the smart play. Don't be lazy.
Old 03-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
You don't want to use it unless your original goes down? So, you'd rather just be stuck with an account that has ZERO history or forward movement? Why? Use BOTH. It's ridiculous to only use the one, which everyone is telling you WILL go down. It's not if, it's WHEN. It WILL go down. Period. So why would you want to have to scramble, after waking up one morning, with NO accounts working for you?

You start NOW, so that if something does happen, you don't go to zero sales over night. I mean, come on man, this is the smart play. Don't be lazy.
My ebay account won't go down unless I have issues with Vero. I called them yesterday and my account is in good standing. I have made 2 sales on my secondary strealth account. I am running that one out of the library right now and I will be using it at work once I get a new laptop in april.
Old 03-24-2019

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
I wont get into long winded details, but eBay has been letting me run a seller account even when they sent me a note linking me to an old seller account (now buyer account) that went down 2 years ago.

I also lost my paypal account for doing something stupid and they basically told me any account with the same bank or CC will be taken down. So I just created 2 paypal accounts from the same IP address with different CC and bank info and had no issue whatsoever.

I have even linked my second ebay account to the paypal from my old seller account (now buyer account) without issue and have been selling without problems.

My theory is that eBay/Paypal are not enforcing their lifetime bans anymore because they are getting creamed by Amazon and need this business. Either that or they just don't care anymore.
I've done this in the past multiple times. After my PayPal account was lost on one of my stores I just added a new PayPal account from a restricted eBay store. So basically just marrying a bad eBay/good Paypal account with a good ebay/bad Paypal account. It took 3 years of selling before the Paypal account went on high alert (Only because I was getting a huge amount more sales) And guess what happened when they banned that PayPal account? I added another one to the same eBay store. Totalling 3 different steath PayPal accounts on a single stealth eBay store. Now although this may not be recommended to do all I have to say is what have you got to lose seeing as the eBay and Paypal accounts were already tarnished.
Old 03-25-2019

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 62%

I would just get a newly created paypal that has no way of linking.
Old 03-25-2019

Quote:
My ebay account won't go down unless I have issues with Vero. I called them yesterday and my account is in good standing. I have made 2 sales on my secondary strealth account. I am running that one out of the library right now and I will be using it at work once I get a new laptop in april.
This is an entire forum full of people that used to say " my account won't go down". And yet here we all are, learning how to make stealth accounts, because our perfect accounts went down. My account was perfect. No reason for it to go down. And yet, it went down. I was like you at one point. And I was wrong.

As far as running the other account. You don't have to go to the library to do that. And you don't need a new computer.

just trying to help you here.
Old 03-27-2019
Threadstarter  

FYI, I spoke with eBay last night about my paypal accounts. I asked them if I use a paypal account on another ebay account and then switch it to my ebay account could this be a red flag. They told me that they do not monitor paypal period. It is a separate company and all they care about is if the paypal works when I list an item. Otherwise, they don't have any communication with paypal other than this.

I also asked if I could use a different payer. They said a pilot is out right now and by 2021 you will be able to use something besides paypal.

I am on my second amazon and second eBay account so I have used some stealth principles, but I haven't really had to go hardcore stealth yet. My third eBay account was created at the library when my second one went down, which is now back up again. I will keep it there as a backup account in case my 2nd ebay account goes down. Like I said my second ebay and first ebay seller account have been linked and they are not stopping me from selling.

Paypal on the otherhand is a real pain in the a$$. When my second account went down, I got a chargeback and it instantly close down that account and two others that had either similar bank info or a similar address. I appealed to paypal explaining that I won the charge back and my eBay account is now in good standing, so there is no risk in me being delinquent. I haven't heard from them yet. However, paypal will let you create another account as long as the address, banking and CC are different. They dont care if you use it on the same eBay account as long as the information is different.
Old 03-27-2019

Everything is done on a point based system it appears.

If there are too many ticks under the "account is too risky" column, they shut you down.

Common sense is thrown out of the window.