Fees for suspended account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-25-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default Fees for suspended account

Please I have fees £450 to pay in indefinite suspended account, if I will not pay the fees they will suspend the account permanently. Should I have pay the fees for maybe they bring back the account in the future, or what do you think please?
The Following User Says Thank You to karimlecavalier For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-30-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-25-2019

Default Re: Fees for suspended account

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimlecavalier View Post
Please I have fees £450 to pay in indefinite suspended account, if I will not pay the fees they will suspend the account permanently. Should I have pay the fees for maybe they bring back the account in the future, or what do you think please?
I once paid fees 8 months after they suspended me and got my account back (I was only suspended due to unpaid fees). This was for $580ish in 2011 though. So you probably have a couple months to decide if you want it back and then pay fees if you decide you want it back.

But again, that was 2011 so they may be stricter now.
Old 03-25-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

I'd say pay it and get the account back if unpaid fees is the only problem.

If you want to make sure, call them up and talk to them.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-30-2019)
Old 03-25-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by treysupreme View Post
I once paid fees 8 months after they suspended me and got my account back (I was only suspended due to unpaid fees). This was for $580ish in 2011 though. So you probably have a couple months to decide if you want it back and then pay fees if you decide you want it back.

But again, that was 2011 so they may be stricter now.
My account is now indifinetly suspended cos of trademark violation, should I pay or not if there is chance to return back, any experiment or advise please?
Old 03-25-2019

Longevity: 60%

Do not pay, but instead create a fresh account, new details, new IP address etc Change your details on the old account to a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address too, or else some debt collection agency will be hassling you to pay the fees
The Following User Says Thank You to indielad1010 For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-30-2019)
Old 03-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimlecavalier View Post
My account is now indifinetly suspended cos of trademark violation, should I pay or not if there is chance to return back, any experiment or advise please?
Trademark violation is rough one - paying the fees is unlikely to have it restored. You should pay fees because you did make sales.
Old 03-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

If you have used their services and made pretty decent money its only right to pay their fees
Old 03-25-2019
Banned

Longevity: 40%

It's all up to you. But for me, i'd create more accounts first, after i get back to selling, i'll get back to pay those fees.
Old 03-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
If you have used their services and made pretty decent money its only right to pay their fees
I am inclined to agree with this. However lets remember how often eBay willfully turns a blind eye to buyers scamming sellers while they make billions off of said sellers. Just something to consider.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to treysupreme For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-30-2019), karimlecavalier (03-26-2019), walkingupwards (03-25-2019)
Old 03-26-2019

Longevity: 60%

It's a shame Ebay do not share the spirit of their financial commitments. Ebay aggressively avoid billions in taxes by stationing their company for tax purposes in Luxembourg. Denying our hospitals and public services 'billions' like some dragon in the hobbit it jealously hoardes it billions in profit the directors would need several lives to spend. So I don't think your few hundred in fees has much significance!
Old 03-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by treysupreme View Post
I am inclined to agree with this. However lets remember how often eBay willfully turns a blind eye to buyers scamming sellers while they make billions off of said sellers. Just something to consider.
Exactly that is why I am asking, because I see disrecpect from eBay after 12 years sales, I am always honest and professional, even after discussion with them many times that I have explained I am aware of the mistake ( despite there is no mistake in fact because VeRO is like gumbling nothing is clear)I will not never forget how they took my listings overnight, I have the feeling of injustice and unfair, also from my experience now I see eBay as opponent not as a partner. The manner how they treat seller is disgraceful. My recommendation that ebay has to introduce the penalty fees it is very effective, not just suspend business. Anyway I will pay them despite ebay doesn’t deserve.

Last edited by karimlecavalier; 03-26-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-26-2019

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

THEN you should find another venue to sell.
Old 03-26-2019

Longevity: 37%

I was going to say you have to pay eBay because you used their service, but fu*k them, don't pay. They have zero regard to a seller's business and they suspend accounts in a fascist way.

If you are 100% sure they won't be able to track you (and I don't think they would for 450$), then send them an e-mail and say that you won't be paying their fees because of their predatory behavior.

The Vero program is not just abused by brands, it is gang-raped. That ****ty thing called Vero should be restructured entirely. Some Chinese sellers who sell on eBay.de have been successfully capable of eliminating local competition by guess what? They filed Vero reports from mainland China claiming some listings are using stock pictures of "Chinese" companies. The pictures I am talking about are all over the internet that it is impossible to know who is the real rights owner of such pics. eBay for sure without any human intervention took down listings and maybe even suspended accounts based on malicious reports.

eBay for me and for the majority of sellers is a main source of income. This company should never have the ability to destroy people lives and defend such practices by saying: "Ooh we are a private company and we do what we want".

How about I open up a mall and upon receiving a few complaints from some customers I go straight to the shop owner and say: "O.k I don't like your business model and I am kicking you out of my mall". That for sure can't happend because there are regulations in place that prohibit such abuses.

If a brand wants to control where its merchandise will be sold, then eBay must tell them to enforce that by legal measures. Not by an easy click!!
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
karimlecavalier (03-26-2019)
Old 03-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
I was going to say you have to pay eBay because you used their service, but fu*k them, don't pay. They have zero regard to a seller's business and they suspend accounts in a fascist way.

If you are 100% sure they won't be able to track you (and I don't think they would for 450$), then send them an e-mail and say that you won't be paying their fees because of their predatory behavior.

The Vero program is not just abused by brands, it is gang-raped. That ****ty thing called Vero should be restructured entirely. Some Chinese sellers who sell on eBay.de have been successfully capable of eliminating local competition by guess what? They filed Vero reports from mainland China claiming some listings are using stock pictures of "Chinese" companies. The pictures I am talking about are all over the internet that it is impossible to know who is the real rights owner of such pics. eBay for sure without any human intervention took down listings and maybe even suspended accounts based on malicious reports.

eBay for me and for the majority of sellers is a main source of income. This company should never have the ability to destroy people lives and defend such practices by saying: "Ooh we are a private company and we do what we want".

How about I open up a mall and upon receiving a few complaints from some customers I go straight to the shop owner and say: "O.k I don't like your business model and I am kicking you out of my mall". That for sure can't happend because there are regulations in place that prohibit such abuses.

If a brand wants to control where its merchandise will be sold, then eBay must tell them to enforce that by legal measures. Not by an easy click!!
In fact there VeRO is scam and corruption coz there is no rights owner by eBay, if you contact any brands concerning eBay they will mention they have nothing to do in eBay coz eBay is not authorised reseller, VeRO is a big SCAM
Old 03-29-2019

Longevity: 68%

You are a private company and your policy is not to pay fees when they suspend your account without permission. If they reinstate the account, absolutey pay it. But it is a fair price to pay for the inconvenience they caused.
The Following User Says Thank You to cafonabob For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-30-2019)
Old 03-30-2019

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
I've really never understood this mentality. If a mechanic starts working on your car, takes things apart, buys parts, and half way through says " eh, I don't like your attitude, you're asking me to work too fast and don't like that I have dirty hands" and he stops the work, leaving you with a half way finished car that is now useless, should you still have to pay? After all, you used his services, right?? Now, you have to run around town, finding someone to do work short notice, at who knows what kinda prices.

When you get suspended, they send emails to all your buyers. They screw you over with the sales you already did, that were fine. Now you have scared buyers opening up cases, for buys that were valid, and you can't even access your ebay. Whatever services they provided, in the past couple months, are now completely ruined, and has put you into more **** than just not allowing you to sell in the future. They've ruined PAST sales, which are what those fees are for.

So why, WHY, do they deserve to be paid for the services? They chose to end their business with you, and spit on the previous business done. They don't deserve ****. How many peoples lives have been ruined due to ebays heavy handedness? They destroyed my business, and my life. It took me a decade to come back from it. If anyone told me I should still pay them their fees, I would have laughed in their face. That money went to paying the fees of the loan for the influx of inventory I had to buy, that I could no longer sell.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
munrznnw (03-31-2019), treysupreme (03-30-2019)
Old 03-30-2019

Longevity: 37%

All kinds of tech companies are currently enjoying a free ride of no regulations. I hope this will change in the future.

In Germany and Austria, an authority called "Federal Cartel Office" has launched investigations against Amazon for suspending sellers abruptly and fixing search results to favor Amazon own brands. I am not particularly optimistic about such efforts, but they are better than no action!

eBay and Amazon suspensions mean termination of entire businesses. It's not like being banned from Twitter or Facebook. However, both companies seem to look at it that way!

When it comes to Vero, it is kinda like being dragged into an inquisition court. The seller is taken into custody with tape all over his mouth and the rights owner is sitting there with his claims (regardless whether they're legit or not). The judge in this case is eBay, who will always be on the side of the rights owner. After a predetermined court battle, the seller is ordered to pay eBay's outstanding fees and sent to prison with no parole (which is indefinite suspension).
Old 03-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
They chose to end their business with you
Exactly. And I'm sure eBay knows it makes you significantly less likely to pay fees if they suspend you so they're obviously making a business decision. So should you.

What cracks me up is they suspend you but then still send you promotional emails. Its like they're taunting you
Old 03-30-2019
Threadstarter  

Bottom line: the system in eBay is wrong (like many systems in the world). especially with VeRO skam, now I have to deal it and live with it somehow that is why I am here

Last edited by karimlecavalier; 03-30-2019 at 12:38 PM.