Buying products on eBay?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-26-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default Buying products on eBay?!

I'd like to products with my eBay Stealth account, do I just do this as usual or is there a process for this??

Also in reguards to the address do I just message the seller and inform them to which one to post it to?!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Buying products on eBay?!

When buyers message me asking them to ship to a different address, I tell them it's against eBay/Paypal policy for me to ship their order to any address other than the one provided at checkout, then I cancel their order and tell them they can reorder with the correct address if they'd like. It voids seller protection if you don't ship to the address given at checkout.. so smart sellers wont do it.

I buy on my stealth accounts all the time. It's how we get all of our shipping supplies. I just add something like "Porch" or "front door" or "mail box" on the 2nd address line so there's some variation. Been doing this since ~2011 without problems.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (05-26-2019), MrAnon (05-26-2019), treysupreme (05-26-2019), WEI (05-27-2019)
Old 05-26-2019

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
When buyers message me asking them to ship to a different address, I tell them it's against eBay/Paypal policy for me to ship their order to any address other than the one provided at checkout, then I cancel their order and tell them they can reorder with the correct address if they'd like. It voids seller protection if you don't ship to the address given at checkout.. so smart sellers wont do it.

I buy on my stealth accounts all the time. It's how we get all of our shipping supplies. I just add something like "Porch" or "front door" or "mail box" on the 2nd address line so there's some variation. Been doing this since ~2011 without problems.
I do the same thing. Don't do that OP, it's annoying as ****. Only thing more annoying is these ****ing Puerto Ricans putting their territory as a country. I cancel their orders too.
Old 05-26-2019

Longevity: 79%

so where exactly is this policy that says you lose protection, if you ship to the address the buyer requests, in the messages?

And aside from that, I've shipped to different address countless times. Literally not even ONE single issue, or hiccup, or anything. So I can't really say what ebay would do, because it just never happens. If we are talking $100's of dollars, I probably wouldn't mess around.
Old 05-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I don't take the chance because :
- orders are imported automatically into shipping software and it's annoying having to go in and manually print a label + cancel the label that was auto-imported
- it's one of the basics of both eBay and PP seller protection. In order to qualify for the program, you ship to the address on the sales record. If you don't the buyer can claim INR once tracking shows delivery in a different zip code, and they'll win
- I've been scammed in exactly that way before when most of my sales were on one big account that was frequently targeted by various types of scammers

I couldn't care less about what other sellers are doing, I'm just saying that most experienced sellers won't mess around with it because it's an unnecessary risk. If the buyer isn't trying to scam you, they should have no problem redoing their order with the correct address given at checkout.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
MrAnon (05-26-2019)
Old 05-26-2019

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I don't take the chance because :
- orders are imported automatically into shipping software and it's annoying having to go in and manually print a label + cancel the label that was auto-imported
- it's one of the basics of both eBay and PP seller protection. In order to qualify for the program, you ship to the address on the sales record. If you don't the buyer can claim INR once tracking shows delivery in a different zip code, and they'll win
- I've been scammed in exactly that way before when most of my sales were on one big account that was frequently targeted by various types of scammers

I couldn't care less about what other sellers are doing, I'm just saying that most experienced sellers won't mess around with it because it's an unnecessary risk. If the buyer isn't trying to scam you, they should have no problem redoing their order with the correct address given at checkout.
Except they won't win, because the reps have eyes, and can EASILY see that the buyer requested a different address. The amount of times I've won cases, because of what the buyer said in the messages...

I've been selling since 1999. Again, not a single time has this ever bit me in the ass, and not once have I ever said no to changing the address when asked.

As far as auto importing. Well, that's fine. That's a completely different issue tho.
Old 05-26-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Except they won't win, because the reps have eyes, and can EASILY see that the buyer requested a different address. The amount of times I've won cases, because of what the buyer said in the messages...

I've been selling since 1999. Again, not a single time has this ever bit me in the ass, and not once have I ever said no to changing the address when asked.

As far as auto importing. Well, that's fine. That's a completely different issue tho.
If its a different zip code and the dispute is through PayPal, you'll lose. PayPal can't see eBay messages and if they're claiming unauthorized the buyer could say the account was compromised and they didn't write the message.
The Following User Says Thank You to treysupreme For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (05-27-2019)
Old 05-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnon View Post
I'd like to products with my eBay Stealth account, do I just do this as usual or is there a process for this??

Also in reguards to the address do I just message the seller and inform them to which one to post it to?!
Ideally, you would have access to your address.

There was a UK user here whose sellers contacted eBay/PayPal when a different shipping address was requested.

Outcome was not nice.

Old 05-27-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Even if they were to win the dispute (which I doubt, but w/e, no big deal) the credit card company is going to be a lot more black and white about it. Either the order went to the billing address or it didn't.
Old 05-27-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:

what do you sell?
Paypal bots and Ebay bots do not watch movie,read emails or photos,theylook for tracking number which said delivered to buyer shipping address,so if it aint shipped to his address registered with Paypal or Ebay,you lose.
In the PAypal payment notice,it should say something like if there is paypal seller protection,whole or partial
Old 05-27-2019

just because you have not lost a dispute of item not received,everyone else should ignore Ebay /Paypal seller protection rules.
what I would ask the buyer to do is to add this new shipping address to his paypal account,and try sending payment again asking to ship to that address.
first you must cancel his order and refund his money.
Old 05-27-2019

sellers often cry when they lose disputes ,they not only have to know ebay and paypal seller protection rules,they also have to know carrier and insurer rules.
USPS priority envelope is not trackable once it leaves USA,a woman shipped an iphone to Mexico using USPS fixed rate envelope and lost the dispute of item not received as tracking ceased at the border,she said it was her thanksgiving money that she lost?
USPS also has no signature confirmation for overseas shipment so if the item is $750 or more,you need signature confirmation ,if you use registered mail,the signature may not be viewable online.
Old 05-27-2019

same goes for insurance,USPS is good at denying claim if it is not packed to its guideline,or outside package is not damaged.
Private insurer can also deny claim .
do you know insurance ceased to cover your item to Russia as soon as the plane landed on Russian soil????