First return of my stealth. What to do. Worth fighting? Send prepaid shipping? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-28-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default First return of my stealth. What to do. Worth fighting? Send prepaid shipping?

Hello everybody, I really need your help.

For the first time, in about 1-2 years in the life of my first stealth, somebody is asking me to return an item, even though I clearly state that I do not accept returns.
To build his case, the buyer claims that the item is not as described, damaged etc., even if my photos and description are very clear.

If the return was easy, I would do it, but unfortunately as we all know, if the item is returned, it would not come back to me, because the address on the stealth is not my real one.

Is there a way to send a prepaid postage that doesn't show the address, so that ebay would not know it?

Also, is it worth fighting the case back? Or ebay will make the buyer win anyway?
Cheers

Last edited by inneedofhelp; 05-28-2019 at 01:01 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-28-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,548 Times in 2,201 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: First return of my stealth. What to do. Worth fighting? Send prepaid shipping?

ebay usually sides with the buyer.

PERHAPS TRY asking the buyer to close the case and promise him you'll email him a shipping label to return it.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
inneedofhelp (05-28-2019)
Old 05-28-2019

Longevity: 30%
Default Re: First return of my stealth. What to do. Worth fighting? Send prepaid shipping?

You can upload external shipping label and put your address it is safe because it is external label
The Following User Says Thank You to karimlecavalier For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019

Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to jas

Tell the buyer that you’re going to arrange for the collection yourself and book it in with a courier to be collected. You can use your real address For the return
The Following User Says Thank You to jas For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019
Threadstarter  

How do I do that? How do I send an external shipping label? Also, how do I send it to the buyer? Do I need to ask to their email address? Thanks

Last edited by inneedofhelp; 05-28-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofhelp View Post
How do I do that? How do I send an external shipping label? Also, how do I send it to the buyer? Do I need to ask to their email address? Thanks
you can go to any web courier (e.g royal mail) you can buy the label there you put the sender (buyer) and the receiver (you) and then upload it the opened case in eBay, it is safe.
The Following User Says Thank You to karimlecavalier For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimlecavalier View Post
you can go to any web courier (e.g royal mail) you can buy the label there you put the sender (buyer) and the receiver (you) and then upload it the opened case in eBay, it is safe.
So ebay will not read the details?
What if the buyer is suspicious and write the details on the case?

And so refund everything before I receive the item?

Thanks
Old 05-28-2019

It's common for hundreds of sellers to have shipments going out from the same warehouse. Because of that, and the general popularity of fulfillment companies, eBay does not do any linking of accounts based on return addresses or tracking numbers.

Doing what I said eBay would never even see the return address since you're only uploading the tracking number.

refund after receiving your item not before, but you can also refund if you see the package is on its way
Old 05-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimlecavalier View Post
It's common for hundreds of sellers to have shipments going out from the same warehouse. Because of that, and the general popularity of fulfillment companies, eBay does not do any linking of accounts based on return addresses or tracking numbers.

Doing what I said eBay would never even see the return address since you're only uploading the tracking number.

refund after receiving your item not before, but you can also refund if you see the package is on its way
Uploading the shipping label on the open case, I'm sure the receiver and the sender's details will be visible.

Why do you say I will have to only upload the tracking number?

(Are you suggesting that I buy the shipping label by myself independently and then upload it on the case?)

cheers
Old 05-28-2019

Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to jas

If you book it as a collection from the buyer with Parcelforce then you don’t have to send them a shipping label. The courier brings it with them
Old 05-29-2019

Longevity: 28%

how expensive is the item in question, i usually just eat the cost, but i assume this is a very high priced item?
Old 05-29-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofhelp View Post
Uploading the shipping label on the open case, I'm sure the receiver and the sender's details will be visible.

Why do you say I will have to only upload the tracking number?

(Are you suggesting that I buy the shipping label by myself independently and then upload it on the case?)

cheers
Yes buying the shipping label by yourself independently and upload it on the case it is simple and straightforward
Old 05-29-2019

Longevity: 28%

what is the item?if it is not expensive,I suggest the full refund.the case really hurt the account,and ebay always stand the side of buyers.
Old 05-29-2019
Threadstarter  

I also have another problem. The paypal account due to this amount of money being blocked (as they do when somebody asks for a return) is now in red. I would like to add money to it, but I cannot withdraw money FROM the bank account linked to it, I can only withdraw TO the bank account. Therefore if I send money from the bank account to paypal (through the bank website), it will show the name of the sender, my real name, which will put me in danger, as they could associate it with the name of my other blocked account.
Any idea?
cheers!
Old 05-30-2019
Threadstarter  

Considering that I'm already paying for the shipping label to return the item back to me, do you think I will also be obliged to pay back his shipping costs?
This is really unfair.