eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Odds of winning a INAD return case. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/127837-odds-winning-inad-return-case.html)

Optimistic411 07-11-2019 08:05 PM

Odds of winning a INAD return case.

The context.

I sold a laptop. 500+ dollars.
Shipped with tracking # and successfully delivered.
Received positive feedback

1 week passed

Buyer wants to return the item as not as decribed saying that he/she received a box of paper.

If i request a return, the buyer would send me a box of paper. Did i lose my laptop and money?

Non stealth account. Everything is verifiable including address and phone # and social attached.

nickopedia 07-11-2019 09:00 PM

Re: Odds of winning a INAD return case.

Do you have the shipping receipt that shows the shipping weight? If it was a box of paper, would it weigh as much?

To be honest, INAD disputes after very hard to win. You must accept the return, and when you do receive it, open the box in front of your mailman on delivery. You can also take the unopened box to the Post Office to have them examine it. Not like this will matter much, but you might be able to get PayPal/eBay to invoke seller protection for this given enough evidence.

ebaystealth1974 07-11-2019 10:18 PM

If they had already left me positive feedback, like they have you, it'd be a cold day in hell before I lost this case!

nickopedia 07-11-2019 10:32 PM

I once had something similar like this happen.

A buyer of mine pays for a coin ($250 item)
Buyer receives item, leaves positive FB the next day.
A few days later he opens a return citing the item is not as described and was counterfeit.

eBay ended up siding with the buyer and told them they could keep the item!

Don't assume you will win the case just because buyer left positive feedback. You should give eBay a call and see what they suggest.

ebaystealth1974 07-11-2019 10:36 PM

Claiming counterfeit is a whole other ordeal! eBay gets stupid with that mess, and let's people keep the item.

But I would have also fought that tooth and nail! :lol:

Optimistic411 07-11-2019 10:40 PM

I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. I have a fre more days until ebay take this matter into their own hands. This is just ridiculous.

nickopedia 07-11-2019 10:51 PM

That laptop was over $500, so this is definitely worth fighting.

I would call them and explain the issue; be sure to have all your shipping info for the item when you are on the phone with them.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

SaiJin 07-12-2019 01:57 AM

I'd absolutely fight this, Bring all the proof you have.

I also hope you used signature confirmation since it's over $200 ?

SaiJin 07-12-2019 01:57 AM

Oh and definitely CALL eBay and get to their trust and safety

SquidsScissors 07-12-2019 03:09 AM

"Hi, I have a ufc tournament in "buyers town" on the weekend, I will come by and pick up the box of paper"

agent006140 07-12-2019 06:07 AM

:ban?:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1018160)

It is now $750,not $200,where have you been?
Atlantis??
INAD is very hard to win,buyers could use autofeedback to leave you feedback,some will leave positive feedback before they receive the item.
so feedback would not help you win the feedback,email would be better if he emailed you .
you need to file report with USPS and police,then come back and tell Ebay,and see if Ebay will compensate you for your loss,not sure if it works,for that kind of money,under seller protection program.
I know if it is a small amount and you are a long standing good seller,it has known to do so,but $500?
report this buyer anyway,so one day he could be banned from buying on Ebay

agent006140 07-12-2019 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquidsScissors (Post 1018168)
"Hi, I have a ufc tournament in "buyers town" on the weekend, I will come by and pick up the box of paper"

These buyers know how to scam,in a few more days,Ebay would be sending him a shipping label to return the item and seller would pay for the return shipping.

nickopedia 07-12-2019 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1018182)
:ban?:

It is now $750,not $200,where have you been?
Atlantis??
INAD is very hard to win,buyers could use autofeedback to leave you feedback,some will leave positive feedback before they receive the item.
so feedback would not help you win the feedback,email would be better if he emailed you .
you need to file report with USPS and police,then come back and tell Ebay,and see if Ebay will compensate you for your loss,not sure if it works,for that kind of money,under seller protection program.
I know if it is a small amount and you are a long standing good seller,it has known to do so,but $500?
report this buyer anyway,so one day he could be banned from buying on Ebay

Sadly, this is correct. As I said above, I once sold a coin which was sent with SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION and the buyer left POSITIVE FB after receiving it. A few days later they claimed it was a Phake item (it was authentic purchased from a local coin dealer). eBay not only returned the buyers money, allowed him to keep the $255 coin! I was furious and called eBay, but they claimed it was their "policy" to refund on INAD or Inauthentic claims.

I would get an affidavit of fraud from the local PD, courthouse, or attorney. You get it notarized and file a police report. Also file a case with USPS Postal Inspection Service. Send that paperwork to eBay and *hope* they will take your claim seriously.

Sadly there are all too many of these scam buyers out there. I have learned from this and much more carefully vet buyers who purchase high value items from me.

agent006140 07-12-2019 08:14 AM

If a seller refuses to accept return in a INAD case and lost,Ebay assumes you dont want the item back.
thats why the buyer gets to keep the item,same if he goes to cc issuer and tell them INAD and you refuse return.
So seller has to decide pay for his return label and get something back,it could be what you sold him,or empty box or garbage.

nickopedia 07-12-2019 08:55 AM

In this case the OP's jackass buyer claimed he received a BOX OF PAPER instead of a LAPTOP. This was after the buyer left positive FB and waited 1 WEEK.

Some people, I swear.

james_112233 07-12-2019 09:05 AM

He will no doubt have a pattern of doing this and will get suspended off ebay when it's obvious he is doing this one too many times.

All of these online platforms work on mutual trust.

The best advice here is to report it to the authorities so you can forward that paperwork to ebay/paypal who may cover you out of their own pockets.

But I can assure you that your account will get a red marker put on it (you are a potential trouble maker in their eyes) so one too many claims like that and you get the infamous "sorry we no longer want to do business with you as your business model is too risky for us"

agent006140 07-12-2019 10:43 AM

The only way to avoid INAD dispute is to sell your laptop under a category called salvage and scrap ,then it is understood it would not work.
But if the buyer claimed it is bunch of scrap paper,then he will win the INAD dispute no matter where you list the item.
Ebay is really a place for scammers,it is not just electronics but stripping parts they need so they can sell their own ,motherboard,guitar string,brand name box,shoe laces,you name it.
One buyer even bought a box of chocolate,take a bite of one piece and file INAD,return the box with one piece missing !

harborpoint 07-12-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1018277)
The only way to avoid INAD dispute is to sell your laptop under a category called salvage and scrap ,then it is understood it would not work.
But if the buyer claimed it is bunch of scrap paper,then he will win the INAD dispute no matter where you list the item.
Ebay is really a place for scammers,it is not just electronics but stripping parts they need so they can sell their own ,motherboard,guitar string,brand name box,shoe laces,you name it.
One buyer even bought a box of chocolate,take a bite of one piece and file INAD,return the box with one piece missing !

what do you sell on eb ay? you seem to know a lot of stuff

ebaystealth1974 07-12-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1018160)

:doh:

You can stop saying this any year now. Again, the cutoff point is $750 now... and HAS BEEN for years.

ebaystealth1974 07-12-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harborpoint (Post 1018287)
what do you sell on eb ay? you seem to know a lot of stuff

You MUST be new here :lol:

ebaystealth1974 07-12-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1018182)
buyers could use autofeedback to leave you feedback

Wut? lol :lol:

I guess I'm way behind the times, if THAT'S a thing!

Pandoras_box 07-12-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 1018311)
You MUST be new here :lol:

I saw what you did there. :pound: