I hope I didn't just screw up bigtime! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-17-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default I hope I didn't just screw up bigtime!

I was going back and forth between an account that I access through AOL which is currently limited due to a pending PP verification. I am just letting that one hang for a while until PP reveiews everything I have given them which in this case is 100% legit. I always access this particulat accout via AOL, with the IP that that service provides.

Well, I exited AOL, cleared cookies, files, etc and went to sign into EB with another account using IE that I am using until the other one gets resolved (can sign in, just not list right now) and wasn't paying close enough attention and went to EB through IE and put the cursor in the username window, clicked,it auto-completed and hit the login button and I signed into the other account

I exited immeadiately and haven't tried to log back in. I checked the IP and will never try to sign in with my "healthy" account using the IP again! I reset cookies and now have a completely different IP again.

Have I doomed both accounts?

Luckily for me I cleared the cookies left for the good account because I had signed in with the ailing one (although through AOL) before (the only reason that I even am signing on with that one is to check the status of the clearing of the USPS items required for re-instatement)

So in a nutshell. The ailing account signed into EB with no cookies present, but at the IP of the healthy acct. I know I have read that it is really a combination of the two (IP & cookies) so I hope since there weren't any "good" cookies present when I signed in with the bad account it won't be looked at overly closely.

I am going to wait a while before trying to sign in with the good account, but I have to check it sometime yet tonight because I have gotten about a dozen emails today on the items that are up there. I guess if I get hit I get hit, but I think it would have looked really suspicious if I had tried to log in immeadiately after my mistake even with a new IP and no cookies.

Hope I told what happened in a way that made it understandable. I am hoping that the good account will go down that it won't go down at least until the other one goes dead for good

Update: I've been back twice with no apparent ill effects. I am glad I at least cleared the cookies beofre screwing up. I am hoping that at the very worst it will be safe until the other account breathes its last breath which I hope isn't for a long long time.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-18-2007
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Well, I've been on EB all day long answering questions (from buyers) with no ill effects...knock wood. I'm not so worried right now because the acct I accidentially looged in under is not yet banned only sort of limited because the PP account that I was using with it is presently limited, awaiting verification.
If the one EB account gets shut down I won't be surprised if this one follows.
I'll just keep creating accounts just in case.