eBay moving quickly to managed payment system - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-15-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default eBay moving quickly to managed payment system

I was just invited to eBay payments. It looks like the timeline may be a lot quicker than we had thought. Sounds like people are going to be required to switch very soon, no 2023 or whatever.

"All eBay sellers will progressively be required to transition to managed payments in the coming months."

https://i.imgur.com/Cay3Vtr.png
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-15-2019

Longevity: 88%
Default Re: eBay moving quickly to managed payment system

What does managed payments mean for stealth accounts??
Old 08-15-2019

Longevity: 79%

Yeah, no. They've been inviting people for awhile. Nothing about that hints at them switching very soon instead of 2023.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (08-16-2019), drebintech38 (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
What does managed payments mean for stealth accounts??

Death...

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................
Old 08-15-2019

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
I was just invited to eBay payments. It looks like the timeline may be a lot quicker than we had thought. Sounds like people are going to be required to switch very soon, no 2023 or whatever.

"All eBay sellers will progressively be required to transition to managed payments in the coming months."

https://i.imgur.com/Cay3Vtr.png
Correct. In the coming MONTHS. Could be 41 months. Could be 57. Could be 18.

Doubt it's anytime soon...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
drebintech38 (08-15-2019), james13v (08-16-2019), nickopedia (08-15-2019), renzini (08-16-2019), walkingupwards (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019

Longevity: 80%

My question is can the bank account you add to managed payments be in a different name than the ebay account holders name?
Old 08-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebintech38 View Post
My question is can the bank account you add to managed payments be in a different name than the ebay account holders name?
Not sure, but people where that HAVE signed up with Managed Payments already mentioned the name on the bank and eBay must be the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
drebintech38 (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Not sure, but people where that HAVE signed up with Managed Payments already mentioned the name on the bank and eBay must be the same.
What about the address on the bank account. Does that have to match, or does that not matter or get seen?
Old 08-15-2019

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Yes they have to match.
The Following User Says Thank You to leighanns520 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019

Quote:
What about the address on the bank account. Does that have to match, or does that not matter or get seen?
Think just correct bank info such as correct routing and account numbers and name same for bank and eBay.
My address matched anyway. So honestly don't know how that is handled if they are not the same
Old 08-15-2019

Quote:
There is a special forum on eBay for the sellers that have joined managed payments.
I read tonight on the forum that eBay ( managed payments) does not have access to information such as names matching.
However another seller stated there bank and eBay did not match and she has to fix that. Till then her payments will be held.
When I signed up it stated names must match. Actually on the page where I gave my info such as bank and social. The name was already printed there and can not be changed. However you would have to go to your eBay account profile and change name there that matches bank or go to bank and change that to match eBay, then go back to joining managed payments
I have also read that sellers are receiving update bank account in different tiers of money made from sells. Someone said at 4 thousand in sales and 10 thousand in sales. Not sure how accurate as some people have had more that that and still haven't had to update any info previously given.
Still learning
Old 08-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
There is a special forum on eBay for the sellers that have joined managed payments.

I read tonight on the forum that eBay ( managed payments) does not have access to information such as names matching.

However another seller stated there bank and eBay did not match and she has to fix that. Till then her payments will be held.

When I signed up it stated names must match. Actually on the page where I gave my info such as bank and social. The name was already printed there and can not be changed. However you would have to go to your eBay account profile and change name there that matches bank or go to bank and change that to match eBay, then go back to joining managed payments

I have also read that sellers are receiving update bank account in different tiers of money made from sells. Someone said at 4 thousand in sales and 10 thousand in sales. Not sure how accurate as some people have had more that that and still haven't had to update any info previously given.

Still learning
Ebay doesn't have a way to see the name on a bank. Neither does PayPal. These people are being triggered by something else.

I have one account on managed pay and I can tell you the ebay account is not the name on the bank. And I receive daily deposits.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (08-16-2019), drebintech38 (08-15-2019), wendychen2000us (06-22-2020)
Old 08-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Ebay doesn't have a way to see the name on a bank. Neither does PayPal. These people are being triggered by something else.

I have one account on managed pay and I can tell you the ebay account is not the name on the bank. And I receive daily deposits.
So if my bank name doesn't match Ebay name, can you even change the name on a bank account since you had to use a SSN to aquire it in the first place?
Old 08-16-2019

Longevity: 27%

There will always be a way around it, I will figure it out when they force it.
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
So if my bank name doesn't match Ebay name, can you even change the name on a bank account since you had to use a SSN to aquire it in the first place?
No. the bank won't let you do that. It doesn't matter , unless it's something new i've never heard of.. And eBay isn't exactly cutting edge. That being said, if they request a canceled check or a statement, there is ways around that even if you're legit. Like on my one managed account, if they asked for a statement from the bank, i could provide that. A little creativity to make it match what's on ebay and you'd be good. Ebay wouldn't request verification statement or canceled check.... if they could just see it themselves, Now would they? Think about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
drebintech38 (08-16-2019)
Old 08-16-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
No. the bank won't let you do that. It doesn't matter , unless it's something new i've never heard of.. And eBay isn't exactly cutting edge. That being said, if they request a canceled check or a statement, there is ways around that even if you're legit. Like on my one managed account, if they asked for a statement from the bank, i could provide that. A little creativity to make it match what's on ebay and you'd be good. Ebay wouldn't request verification statement or canceled check.... if they could just see it themselves, Now would they? Think about it.
Ya account is legit. Would like to keep using current bank, but dont know any workarounds and dont want to lose my 6 yr acct. I was thinking of using like Ally or Simple for a new bank account
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

This is so weird. I've been creating accounts off the hook lately and never once been offered managed payments
Old 08-16-2019

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
This is so weird. I've been creating accounts off the hook lately and never once been offered managed payments
From what I have seen it’s offered to high sales accounts. I have one account that I use and Celotta on, the other only saw a few items a month.

The higher sales account has already been emailed about the managed payments, where the other one is still getting promotional offers and stuff to push me to sell more on that account like cutting eBay final value fees and such.
Old 08-16-2019

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Well. Just gotta get a corp, and EIN and a business checking account with the business name. If you're selling enough, it's worth the hassle.
Old 08-16-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 34%

There is a lot of fear about managed payments. I don't blame people, I'm sure more than a few folks on here depend on eBay sales for their entire income.

I have basically resigned myself that the end is coming. I really don't think they are going to leave open loopholes with their new system. They have lost too much on scams, frauds, and people simply not paying eBay fees on stealth accounts.

Finally, they want to be more like Amazon. Just look at how stealth works on Amazon to understand the future of eBay Stealth.
Old 08-16-2019

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
There is a lot of fear about managed payments. I don't blame people, I'm sure more than a few folks on here depend on eBay sales for their entire income.

I have basically resigned myself that the end is coming. I really don't think they are going to leave open loopholes with their new system. They have lost too much on scams, frauds, and people simply not paying eBay fees on stealth accounts.

Finally, they want to be more like Amazon. Just look at how stealth works on Amazon to understand the future of eBay Stealth.

so its either add SSN,EIN AND A REAL BANK ACCOUNT OR YOUR DOOMED...??
Old 08-16-2019

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imohsofly718 View Post
so its either add SSN,EIN AND A REAL BANK ACCOUNT OR YOUR DOOMED...??

YUP that's correcto