Let's talk Adyen and its effect on sales. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-28-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Let's talk Adyen and its effect on sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
And getting shut down on paypal, is still rare, unless you're doing shaddy ****. If you arne't doing anything to get shut down on ayden, why would you think paypal will shut you down?
Getting shut down on PayPal is not as rare as you think. Read more of the posts on this forum. Would you not agree that getting banned or linked is worrisome for sellers.
If it was so rare to get shut down on PayPal there would be no stealth accounts or even this forum.
People would use there own accounts and not worried about getting banned because it's so rare . Bet others agree some accounts are banned for non shaddy ****.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2019

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
I had a previous banned PayPal and eBay account. I lost my account. My husband passed away and to tell the truth I was in a mess.
I should of handled my eBay business better but I screwed up. I did not mail my items promptly and I refunded everyone. That was enough for eBay to no longer want me to sell. I lost both the eBay and PayPal account at the same time. Truth be told I could of probably saved both but did not have any fight in me to try to get it back. I don't owe PayPal or eBay. I just refunded every buyer as, like I said I was a mess. I was lost and didn't even leave my house for a long period of time. I was devasted and my life turned upside down on me.
I did nothing shady to lose my accounts.
Not all people are scammers and shady. Many people lose accounts and weren't scamming others, and this forum has allowed others to learn and start over and start fresh.

You gotta agree once banned you worry if somehow they link up to new account. That's where I was at on my end.
To much info but just wanted to make it very clear that everybody that has lost an account and need to start over may not of scammed anyone.
obviously it was horrible what happened to you, but it doesn't change that a lot of buyers felt scammed and were very unhappy, and the exact same thing would have happened with Adyen. And I know that a lot of people that get banned, didn't scam someone. I've been banned before as well. This is literally called the suspensions forum lol We've all been banned.

THO, I've literally just watched 60 ebay accounts go down, for actually stealing money from people... so.

Last edited by james13v; 08-28-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-28-2019

Quote:
Getting shut down on PayPal is not as rare as you think. Read more of the posts on this forum. Would you not agree that getting banned or linked is worrisome for sellers.
If it was so rare to get shut down on PayPal there would be no stealth accounts or even this forum.
People would use there own accounts and not worried about getting banned because it's so rare . Bet others agree some accounts are banned for non shaddy ****.
This is an paypal AND ebay suspension forum. If you got banned on paypal, it's likely you also got banned on ebay, Such as your case, and from what I've seen, most people get banned on ebay FIRST. So many posts about " hey guys, can I still use my paypal if I got banned on ebay?". I think the ratio of banned ebay, is WAY WAY higher than banned paypals. Hell, I've gotten banned on ebay twice, and not once on paypal. I still have 2 paypals from my previous banned ebays.

Getting an Ayden, doesn't mean you get your old ebay back. People getting banned, would get just as banned on Ayden. Why do you feel it's that different? Why does anyone on here feel that Ayden is that different? Do you guys thing Ayden is less strict?
Old 08-28-2019

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
I had a previous banned PayPal and eBay account. I lost my account. My husband passed away and to tell the truth I was in a mess.
I should of handled my eBay business better but I screwed up. I did not mail my items promptly and I refunded everyone.
If it was a big account that you'd like to have back, there's a good chance they'll reinstate you.

I had a similar experience and walked off from an account doing hundreds of transactions a day. I was out of town and it didn't take long for them to shut me down.

After 5 years, I finally got that account reinstated. You just gotta know which person to email at eBay.
Old 08-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
If it was a big account that you'd like to have back, there's a good chance they'll reinstate you.

I had a similar experience and walked off from an account doing hundreds of transactions a day. I was out of town and it didn't take long for them to shut me down.

After 5 years, I finally got that account reinstated. You just gotta know which person to email at eBay.
I have recently considered doing that. I explained to each customer what had happened and refunded each immediately. Not one complained to my knowledge. I refunded 22 customers. And the next day I got the mc011 I think it was called and my listings that we're still there were removed. The account wasn't a huge account and at that time it just didn't matter that they restricted me. Nothing mattered at that time but dealing daily with life.

When I decided to go at again I felt it was easier to just start over and not try to get old one back.
I used all real info and have done well enough in sales. I recently was asked for tax info. As my sales were near the 200/20000. I couldn't give social due to past account. Got ein. But once that time I was afraid at some point PayPal may be able to link the ein to the social on banned account. That's the biggest reason I was ready for ayden.
I will tho see about looking Into getting the old account back. It was 100 percent feedback then too.
Thanks for the advice
Old 08-28-2019

Quote:
obviously it was horrible what happened to you, but it doesn't change that a lot of buyers felt scammed and were very unhappy, and the exact same thing would have happened with Adyen. And I know that a lot of people that get banned, didn't scam someone. I've been banned before as well. This is literally called the suspensions forum lol We've all been banned.

THO, I've literally just watched 60 ebay accounts go down, for actually stealing money from people... so.
I know this could happened with adyen however due to the past I was always afraid of linkage. Going to adyen gave me a fresh start with all real info. An account I can take better care of. Regardless of how good I do my eBay I felt I was at PayPal mercy when it comes to getting paid, linked or banned.
I can believe people lose accounts for stealing money. I myself have made purchases and have been scammed by the seller as well. There are good people and bad people selling.
The bad ones make it hard on the honest ones.
I hope the dishonest sellers get shut down. Makes a better marketplace for the honest sellers.
Old 08-28-2019

Quote:
This is an paypal AND ebay suspension forum. If you got banned on paypal, it's likely you also got banned on ebay, Such as your case, and from what I've seen, most people get banned on ebay FIRST. So many posts about " hey guys, can I still use my paypal if I got banned on ebay?". I think the ratio of banned ebay, is WAY WAY higher than banned paypals. Hell, I've gotten banned on ebay twice, and not once on paypal. I still have 2 paypals from my previous banned ebays.

Getting an Ayden, doesn't mean you get your old ebay back. People getting banned, would get just as banned on Ayden. Why do you feel it's that different? Why does anyone on here feel that Ayden is that different? Do you guys thing Ayden is less strict?

I am not saying adyen is better for everybody. Just that it's been better for me as I can worry less about PayPal linkage and possibly losing a good eBay account.
I think the difference is most have only used PayPal and Alot of people like it. Change can be feared. Fear of the unknown.
If someone has a solid PayPal account and there tax info etc has been accepted and everything is going good why would they want to give up PayPal and venture into the unknown.
My account was not a solid account as I feared linkage daily.
For me this is why I feel adyen is better for me.
This account I currently have is my only hope as all real info adyen required. If I mess it up I lose my ability to sale, until other members have tested stealth with Adyen .
I have no choice but to make this work and even with life happens I will still have to make this work or lose it
No adyen is not less strict
PayPal waited till close to tax amount before requesting documents.
Adyen required it straight away
No payout without tax info
Old 08-28-2019

Quote:
I was afraid at some point PayPal may be able to link the ein to the social on banned account.
They can't.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
james13v (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019

Quote:
I have recently considered doing that. I explained to each customer what had happened and refunded each immediately. Not one complained to my knowledge. I refunded 22 customers. And the next day I got the mc011 I think it was called and my listings that we're still there were removed. The account wasn't a huge account and at that time it just didn't matter that they restricted me. Nothing mattered at that time but dealing daily with life.

When I decided to go at again I felt it was easier to just start over and not try to get old one back.
I used all real info and have done well enough in sales. I recently was asked for tax info. As my sales were near the 200/20000. I couldn't give social due to past account. Got ein. But once that time I was afraid at some point PayPal may be able to link the ein to the social on banned account. That's the biggest reason I was ready for ayden.
I will tho see about looking Into getting the old account back. It was 100 percent feedback then too.
Thanks for the advice
If I were you, I'd call ebay up and see if you can get your account reinstated.

How exactly did you cancel your sales? Cause that's probably what did it. 20 cancellations due to seller error, will put you so far into the red, it would be impossible to get out of, for an entire year. But things are different now, and they allow below standard accounts to stand.
Old 08-29-2019

Quote:
If I were you, I'd call ebay up and see if you can get your account reinstated.

How exactly did you cancel your sales? Cause that's probably what did it. 20 cancellations due to seller error, will put you so far into the red, it would be impossible to get out of, for an entire year. But things are different now, and they allow below standard accounts to stand.
I messaged each seller through eBay and explained the situation. I did cancel as the buyers had to agree to canceling if I am not mistaken and I refunded each payment. Payments were still in PayPal account as I always kept sale money there as I didn't transfer much to bank as back then I was not worried about PayPal limiting for any reason as everything was 100 percent real. My account was restricted and my eBay fees were paid. I don't owe eBay or PayPal. I just let them restrict me and left it alone. Had no fight in me to fix any of it
If I got that eBay account back would I also get that PayPal back or have to get them to let me back.
Old 08-29-2019

Quote:
If I got that eBay account back would I also get that PayPal back or have to get them to let me back.
They are separate, sorry. I only lost my eBay, or I wouldn't have even mentioned reinstatement. Getting both back will be next to impossible, I bet!
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
leighanns520 (08-30-2019)
Old 08-30-2019

Quote:
I messaged each seller through eBay and explained the situation. I did cancel as the buyers had to agree to canceling if I am not mistaken and I refunded each payment. Payments were still in PayPal account as I always kept sale money there as I didn't transfer much to bank as back then I was not worried about PayPal limiting for any reason as everything was 100 percent real. My account was restricted and my eBay fees were paid. I don't owe eBay or PayPal. I just let them restrict me and left it alone. Had no fight in me to fix any of it
why exactly was your papal account restricted?
Old 08-30-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
For future reference, non-seller-faulted order cancellations do not require the buyer's approval. You can choose "there was an issue with buyers address" or "buyer asked to cancel the order" and either option will cancel the order without any intervention from the buyer, and it doesn't cause defects on your account. You may end up with several pissed off buyers but it's better than tanking your seller dashboard, IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
leighanns520 (08-30-2019)
Old 08-30-2019

Longevity: 59%

I have an LLC. What are they asking for to verify the account?
Old 08-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
For future reference, non-seller-faulted order cancellations do not require the buyer's approval. You can choose "there was an issue with buyers address" or "buyer asked to cancel the order" and either option will cancel the order without any intervention from the buyer, and it doesn't cause defects on your account. You may end up with several pissed off buyers but it's better than tanking your seller dashboard, IMO.
Thank you. I will remember that. However if I put buyer asked to cancel, wouldn't eBay be aware of it such as through the messages on eBay. Would they be able to tell if customer asked to cancel or not?
If buyer did not request it and I suggested they did by using that reason if eBay knows they did or didn't could that cause me eBay problems?
Thanks!!
Old 08-30-2019

Quote:
why exactly was your papal account restricted?
They limited it due to all the refunds to customers and had asked for invoices of items as I did refund on so many at one time. eBay mc011 I think it was and then PayPal asked for invoices
At that time due to husband's death and my mental and emotional health issues regarding his death I didn't try to get anything sent to PayPal. I believe I was limited after the request of invoices due to the time restraints. eBay had done suspended me so I just didn't try to keep PayPal. I did not know about all the ways to save accounts like I know about now.
Mentally I was just no good to do much of anything.
This was also a while back and not even sure if I could even try to get that PayPal back.
Old 08-31-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Thank you. I will remember that. However if I put buyer asked to cancel, wouldn't eBay be aware of it such as through the messages on eBay. Would they be able to tell if customer asked to cancel or not?
If buyer did not request it and I suggested they did by using that reason if eBay knows they did or didn't could that cause me eBay problems?
Thanks!!
I guess it's possible, but in my experience, it won't cause you any problems. I doubt they would investigate that deeply unless you'd just done 50 in a row or some crazy number.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
leighanns520 (08-31-2019)
Old 09-01-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Buyers have started to complain to Ebay,that they are not the ones who want to cancel the orders and they could leave negative feedback
Old 09-01-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Buyers have started to complain to Ebay,that they are not the ones who want to cancel the orders and they could leave negative feedback
I've reported it. Nothing ever happens.
Old 09-02-2019

Quote:
I've reported it. Nothing ever happens.
Ebay does not tell you what action it takes,but it wll be on his seller record.
Old 09-02-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Ebay does not tell you what action it takes,but it wll be on his seller record.
Well unless they got suspended, or their listings were removed, I consider that nothing happening. Going on a seller record is meaningless, if they are continuing to sell.

And don't get me wrong. I'm not a report freak. If you ask me politely, you can cancel. But if you cancel without even giving me notice, AND lie on the cancellation? Yeah, no, sorry.
Old 09-02-2019

Sellers do this often so they can get it over sooner than later as the buyer ,many are resellers,spent an awful lot of time looking for something they can resell at a profit and it aint easy ,so buyer would not co-operate to agree to cancel the order.
Ebay like AMZN does not like seller to cancel too many orders,as it makes them look bad and waste its time and resources.