Automatic payment method issue for new accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-17-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Automatic payment method issue for new accounts?

On all of my new eBay accounts eBay is not allowing me to add any sort of automatic payment method, which means I can't list anything! I've tried credit card, bank account, and PayPal. PayPal even had both a bank account and credit card attatched. Has anyone else been having this issue? Not sure what to do!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-17-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Automatic payment method issue for new accounts?

You should call Ebay
Old 09-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
You should call Ebay
I did I've been on the phone with them for 2 days straight. They keep saying they will forward it to their technical team and call me back.. but it doesn't seem like a technical problem it seems like they're doing it on purpose.
Old 09-17-2019

Longevity: 44%

Yeah been having the same issue ,been trying to add a VCC since yesterday.
Contacted eBay and they said it's a known issue and they've got their technical team looking into it.
Hopefully should be sorted out soon.

Edit - don't know if it's the same for a US account.
Old 09-17-2019

Longevity: 79%

I got same problem.
Old 09-18-2019
Threadstarter  

Do you guys think that eBay is doing this one purpose for stealth accounts? Or do you think it's actually a technical issue?
Old 09-19-2019

Longevity: 44%

I've been having the same problem. I contacted eBay about it on Tuesday and this is the message they sent me earlier today.

"Hello ***** ,

Thank you for taking your valuable time in contacting eBay with regard to not able set automatic payment method in your seller account. It's my pleasure to assist a valuable eBay member like you.

I'm sorry for the problem you faced as I see it would have been an inconvenience. Let me tell you proactively that the problem you’ve explained is a known bug on the site as we have received few similar reports which we’ve escalated to our technical team who is now looking into it on high priority. I’ve also added you User ID in the affected member list. Rest assured; our technical team is working on this issue and I’m optimistic that they will resolve it as earliest as possible.

Furthermore, once we receive any update or progress from our technical team, we will get back to you via email. This is a rare occurrence; I though understand it is an inconvenience for our members and thus, please consider our apologies for the inconvenience. I appreciate your patience all throughout.

Finally, I anticipate your understanding and support in this matter.

I trust this is helpful and wish you all the best on eBay in the future. If I can be of any further help, simply reply to this mail. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,

Nadiya P.

eBay Customer Support"

They also told me when I spoke to live chat that people are having problems connecting PayPal accounts as well.
Hopefully it will be sorted by the weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cosmo For This Useful Post:
natashaiera (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 62%

Same here. Annoying as hell
Old 09-19-2019

Longevity: 51%
Send a message via Skype™ to ampersand

Quote:
Originally Posted by natashaiera View Post
On all of my new eBay accounts eBay is not allowing me to add any sort of automatic payment method, which means I can't list anything! I've tried credit card, bank account, and PayPal. PayPal even had both a bank account and credit card attatched. Has anyone else been having this issue? Not sure what to do!
try adding your vcc on a different browser, sometimes it does work when changing the browser.
Old 09-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I've been having the same problem. I contacted eBay about it on Tuesday and this is the message they sent me earlier today.

"Hello ***** ,

Thank you for taking your valuable time in contacting eBay with regard to not able set automatic payment method in your seller account. It's my pleasure to assist a valuable eBay member like you.

I'm sorry for the problem you faced as I see it would have been an inconvenience. Let me tell you proactively that the problem you’ve explained is a known bug on the site as we have received few similar reports which we’ve escalated to our technical team who is now looking into it on high priority. I’ve also added you User ID in the affected member list. Rest assured; our technical team is working on this issue and I’m optimistic that they will resolve it as earliest as possible.

Furthermore, once we receive any update or progress from our technical team, we will get back to you via email. This is a rare occurrence; I though understand it is an inconvenience for our members and thus, please consider our apologies for the inconvenience. I appreciate your patience all throughout.

Finally, I anticipate your understanding and support in this matter.

I trust this is helpful and wish you all the best on eBay in the future. If I can be of any further help, simply reply to this mail. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,

Nadiya P.

eBay Customer Support"

They also told me when I spoke to live chat that people are having problems connecting PayPal accounts as well.
Hopefully it will be sorted by the weekend.
Thanks that helps a lot!