Vanilla appears to be DEAD - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-25-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Vanilla appears to be DEAD

3 new accounts, 3 different ip’s, 3 new vanilla’s gift cards....and NOT one of the cards have worked. It states card cannot be verified....

“We couldn’t verify this card, please select a different payment method”

Vanilla appears to be DEAD, for those that say you made it the other day or etc. Yes I believe that as I made 2 last week with no issue but as of today 09/25....it’s DEAD.

Prove me wrong lol.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Vanilla appears to be DEAD

Yes, it's getting harder and harder to use a prepaid card to pay your eBay fees.

I pay my seller fees with paper checks via my banks online bill pay service. It works good as I can pay multiple stealth sthis way from a single bank account. It only takes 5 to 7 days for them to post the payments in this manner.
Old 09-25-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Yes, it's getting harder and harder to use a prepaid card to pay your eBay fees.

I pay my seller fees with paper checks via my banks online bill pay service. It works good as I can pay multiple stealth sthis way from a single bank account. It only takes 5 to 7 days for them to post the payments in this manner.
I’m not referring to paying the seller fee’s, I’m talking about using the vanilla cards for account creation.
Old 09-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdude View Post
I’m not referring to paying the seller fee’s, I’m talking about using the vanilla cards for account creation.
Looking forward to other's experiences - could be a set of BINs are blocked
Old 09-25-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Looking forward to other's experiences - could be a set of BINs are blocked
Do you have any info on the set that appear to be blocked?
Old 09-25-2019

Longevity: 62%
Send a message via Skype™ to Nyco

Quote:
3 new accounts, 3 different ip’s, 3 new vanilla’s gift cards....and NOT one of the cards have worked. It states card cannot be verified....

“We couldn’t verify this card, please select a different payment method”

Vanilla appears to be DEAD, for those that say you made it the other day or etc. Yes I believe that as I made 2 last week with no issue but as of today 09/25....it’s DEAD.

Prove me wrong lol.

Same here.. I am able to overcome all the obstacles but today and yesterday I've been having a major problem with the debit cards & Paypal Automatic payment to work. when i try the "automatic pay" by using paypal it says " We are unable to setup automatic payments at this time " so im like WTF.. I try using the Vanilla Visa.. and i get another error message like WTF.. im thinking they dont want anymore sellers or something crazy is going on.. i think its time for FB ads or something lol Im disgusted with all the limits.. for a long time I've been working on ebay while limited.. I should be a millionare by now but ebay and all their dam! Limits
The Following User Says Thank You to Nyco For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (02-22-2020)
Old 09-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Do you have any info on the set that appear to be blocked?
I haven't used vanilla visas in a long time for US account creation so no recent experience on my end - just discussing out loud on an analytical approach to target the potential cause.
Old 09-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I haven't used vanilla visas in a long time for US account creation so no recent experience on my end - just discussing out loud on an analytical approach to target the potential cause.
I know there is info out there, its just not being shared. I know the guide has been very helpful in the past but it should get an update soon.

Someone has to know something.
Old 09-26-2019

Longevity: 35%

Prepaid Visa cards no longer work for a lot of eBay. Been that way for a while now. I could not even use them to buy stuff using eBays managed payments. That was few months back. eBay was still working on getting them supported by managed payments. Anyway, that is a whole other issue.

Previously I could still set up automatic payments with paypal. Paypal had bank and Visa prepaid attached.

Does PayPal no longer work for automatic payments?

Its been a few months since I made an account.

If you can't do PayPal or Visa, there is no way to list items on eBay I know of. My method was to always use Visa prepaid as it was quick, easy and cheap. eBay wants some payment method on file for fees.

Maybe some kind of other gift or credit card, but I don't know anything about VCC.

Last edited by Leader2dark; 09-26-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2019

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
I know there is info out there, its just not being shared. I know the guide has been very helpful in the past but it should get an update soon.

Someone has to know something.
Vanilla visa gift cards very much alive. When something is working, it's often not posted in the forums as PayPal and Ebay monitor information posted here and workarounds often get closed. It's easy for you to figure out for yourself though, just compare your cards side-by-side that you are using now (not working) and the cards that you've used in the past (that worked), and you'll see the difference and figure it out.
Old 09-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
Prepaid Visa cards no longer work for a lot of eBay. Been that way for a while now. I could not even use them to buy stuff using eBays managed payments. That was few months back. eBay was still working on getting them supported by managed payments. Anyway, that is a whole other issue.

Previously I could still set up automatic payments with paypal. Paypal had bank and Visa prepaid attached.

Does PayPal no longer work for automatic payments?

Its been a few months since I made an account.

If you can't do PayPal or Visa, there is no way to list items on eBay I know of. My method was to always use Visa prepaid as it was quick, easy and cheap. eBay wants some payment method on file for fees.

Maybe some kind of other gift or credit card, but I don't know anything about VCC.

PP is still taking the cards directly on there site, yes. BUT, when trying to list on fleabay, it asks for another card and no longer accepts ANY vanilla gift card.

(Before someone says....they work still) Yes, last week and the week before they were fine....but as of 09/25 all 3 new accounts are not working with with vanilla.
Old 09-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo036940 View Post
Vanilla visa gift cards very much alive. When something is working, it's often not posted in the forums as PayPal and Ebay monitor information posted here and workarounds often get closed. It's easy for you to figure out for yourself though, just compare your cards side-by-side that you are using now (not working) and the cards that you've used in the past (that worked), and you'll see the difference and figure it out.

Sure, I can completely understand the fact that info isn’t shared on the forums as the strategy will be picked up by the corporate monsters. But come on people, sharing is caring haha.

On a side note, Yes I did compare the cards and prior to 09/25 they all worked...but as of right now 1 of the 3 I used matched previous cards that worked in the past and by past I mean last week.....and the card didnt work.

I will grab others that match tonight and post my results in the AM...I still stand by my statement though, until proven wrong. VANILLA IS DEAD.
The Following User Says Thank You to ghostdude For This Useful Post:
tigerlite (09-05-2020)
Old 09-26-2019

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Sure, I can completely understand the fact that info isn’t shared on the forums as the strategy will be picked up by the corporate monsters. But come on people, sharing is caring haha.

On a side note, Yes I did compare the cards and prior to 09/25 they all worked...but as of right now 1 of the 3 I used matched previous cards that worked in the past and by past I mean last week.....and the card didnt work.

I will grab others that match tonight and post my results in the AM...I still stand by my statement though, until proven wrong. VANILLA IS DEAD.
I have old cards and they still don't work on eBay. Not sure wtf that guy is talking about.
Old 09-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
I have old cards and they still don't work on eBay. Not sure wtf that guy is talking about.
Who me? How old are your cards?
The Following User Says Thank You to ghostdude For This Useful Post:
Sgoncalves (10-13-2020)
Old 09-29-2019

Longevity: 53%

My personal experience is that PP is on a crusade against prepaids. So if you are able to get cards that have non-prepaid BIN, it would be times better.
Old 09-29-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
My personal experience is that PP is on a crusade against prepaids. So if you are able to get cards that have non-prepaid BIN, it would be times better.
PP really? Or do you mean fleabay? IMO the cards always work on PP and fleabay is the one with the crusade against prepaids LOL.
Old 02-14-2020
Threadstarter  

Just a bump? Any progress anyone?

As of today, 02-13 the visa prepaid can still be used to activate the account, but when you list it asks to input a card on file for payment method.
Old 02-21-2020

Longevity: 26%

Quote:
Just a bump? Any progress anyone?

As of today, 02-13 the visa prepaid can still be used to activate the account, but when you list it asks to input a card on file for payment method.
Seems there's confusion around the community on which Vanilla Cards work.

I understand there the Gift Card which you can put any amount, then there's the other's with fixed amounts.

Which one is it???
Variable or Fixed?

Could someone whose had recent success with this chime in?
Maybe an image from Google of the actual card used? haha!
please!
Old 02-22-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Ebay wants a regular credit card when you start selling,for obvious reasons,THINK !
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
Elliot (02-23-2020)
Old 02-26-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woefahhh View Post
I also had this problem with eBay. On PayPal, I noticed that when I removed a vanilla from a paypal stealth, even though all card info was removed from the account, if I tried using the same card on a new or even old PayPal account, it would still have the error message that it was linked to another account and that it needed to be removed to be linked. Not that I would recommend using one card on two different accounts but I was experimenting and it’s kinda surprising or scary that it’s not really deleted completely
...I think you need to read a little bit more about stealth and how PayPal and eBay works... data are NEVER deleted and ALWAYS shared between eBay and PayPal.

Read the forum, get the stealth guide. This will save you quite some time.
Old 02-26-2020

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost0 View Post
Seems there's confusion around the community on which Vanilla Cards work.

I understand there the Gift Card which you can put any amount, then there's the other's with fixed amounts.

Which one is it???
Variable or Fixed?

Could someone whose had recent success with this chime in?
Maybe an image from Google of the actual card used? haha!
please!
Pre-paid only (available in convenience stores in increments of $25, $50 and $100)
They must say "Gift Card" and not be reloadable.
Expiration date on card should be 2024 or less.
Assign a zip code through web address listed on the back of the card.
Wait no less that 48 hours after purchase and adding zip code before adding to PayPal or paying Ebay fees with it
Follow these steps and Vanilla Visa gift cards will ALWAYS work.

That said, purchasing a card with a 2027-2028 expiration date, not allowing 48 hours and slamming the number into Ebay or PayPal the minute you buy it, buying a reloadable card will NEVER work (and that's why people are having trouble with these)
The Following User Says Thank You to Steveo036940 For This Useful Post:
Ghost0 (02-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Read the above... that's a really good detailed explanation there.