eBay can see my MAC address! Help me please!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-02-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default eBay can see my MAC address! Help me please!!!

Hello! I read "eBay StealthBook" and try to make new ebay account. First of all, I created new user in my Windows 10, than I downloaded Mozilla Firefox portable browser (in this browser I activated "flash block" add-on), also on Adobe's setting page I disabled flash. After that, I clean my cookies and caches by CCleaner. Than I activated mobile hotspot to get fresh dynamic IP on my laptop (I'm sure that I have a new ip address). After that I registered new ebay and paypal accounts with the same NEW!!! name, surname, address, mobile phone, credit card, email, passwords etc. and verificated my new PayPal and linked it to my new Ebay account. Than, first of all I decided to buy something on eBay. But when I try to buy USB Type-C cabel from random seller, ebay declined my transaction and i received a message that i should call ebay to have opportunity to make purchases. I called ebay and tell them for verification all my new name, address etc. But after few minutes Ebay support operator tell me that I can't use eBay anymore. Even for shopping!!! What do you think, what's the reason for my failure? Maybe ebay can sees the MAC address of my laptop (i don't use new laptop) or the MAC address of my smartphone that I used for hotspot? Or did ebay identify my voice? I don’t know what to think. help me please. what am I doing wrong?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-02-2019

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: eBay can see my MAC address! Help me please!!!

Ebay can NOT see your MAC.

My guess would be the Mazilla browser. ( I personally had accounts linked using Firefox) Not sure how they do it, but i had multiple accounts get linked to each other and every single one of them used mazilla. I stopped using the browser altogether, the problem vanished.

Or maybe the conversation didn't go well on the phone for whatever reason.
Old 10-02-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell007 View Post
Ebay can NOT see your MAC.

My guess would be the Mazilla browser. ( I personally had accounts linked using Firefox) Not sure how they do it, but i had multiple accounts get linked to each other and every single one of them used mazilla. I stopped using the browser altogether, the problem vanished.

Or maybe the conversation didn't go well on the phone for whatever reason.
Thanks for reply. But what's portable browser you use?
Old 10-02-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by olezandr View Post
Thanks for reply. But what's portable browser you use?
I don't use portable browsers because it is (technically) less secure stealth-wise than regular browsers. Chrome and Opera are one and the same thing because they use the same WebKit, therefore I never use these on the same GPU. Call me lost and crazy but I hate to be caught unaware by eBay / PayPal.
Firefox, in combination with Opera, are my preferred options but the folks at Mozilla must be on some kind of strong shroom cos they keep moving things around the UI with each release and it has become really slow. Chrome is fast but it comes 3rd on my list.

eBay used to be able to see your mac address under certain conditions (Turbo Lister) but those days are long gone. Even then, it would be hard for them to make use of it.

If you're behind a router, then your fear of exposing your MAC address is irrational. If eBay could see your MAC address, it would be your router's NOT your PC's MAC address. Imagine the implications of that. All our accounts will be linked.

Long story short, I suspect one or more of the following is true.

1. eBay / have gotten better at tracking us - but we generally don't have the full picture of their new methods. Or policy that allowed eBay to look the other way as it relates to stealth accounts has recently become stricter.

2. Kind of the same thing with number 1 above but it is possible that they now rely on public records more than in the past.

3. Maybe you're mistakenly taking something for granted and linking yourself.

You can spend the weekend making multiple accounts on different VM solutions like VMware, VirtualBox, Proxmox and set aside.
Then dual-boot your PC with 2 or OS, make accounts on one OS with made-up details and the other with your cousin Vinny's details (with his permission of course)

Groom everything for weeks and see which has the highest survival rate.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (10-08-2019), wqzjwz (09-15-2020)
Old 10-02-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
I don't use portable browsers because it is (technically) less secure stealth-wise than regular browsers. Chrome and Opera are one and the same thing because they use the same WebKit, therefore I never use these on the same GPU. Call me lost and crazy but I hate to be caught unaware by eBay / PayPal.
Firefox, in combination with Opera, are my preferred options but the folks at Mozilla must be on some kind of strong shroom cos they keep moving things around the UI with each release and it has become really slow. Chrome is fast but it comes 3rd on my list.

eBay used to be able to see your mac address under certain conditions (Turbo Lister) but those days are long gone. Even then, it would be hard for them to make use of it.

If you're behind a router, then your fear of exposing your MAC address is irrational. If eBay could see your MAC address, it would be your router's NOT your PC's MAC address. Imagine the implications of that. All our accounts will be linked.

Long story short, I suspect one or more of the following is true.

1. eBay / have gotten better at tracking us - but we generally don't have the full picture of their new methods. Or policy that allowed eBay to look the other way as it relates to stealth accounts has recently become stricter.

2. Kind of the same thing with number 1 above but it is possible that they now rely on public records more than in the past.

3. Maybe you're mistakenly taking something for granted and linking yourself.

You can spend the weekend making multiple accounts on different VM solutions like VMware, VirtualBox, Proxmox and set aside.
Then dual-boot your PC with 2 or OS, make accounts on one OS with made-up details and the other with your cousin Vinny's details (with his permission of course)

Groom everything for weeks and see which has the highest survival rate.
Thank you so much for your reply!! First of all I will try to make new account on fresh user account on non-portable version of Mozilla.
Old 10-02-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

I'm a network engineer by trade. Been doing this a VERY long time.

Your MAC (Media Access) Address is at layer 2 of the seven-layer OSI model. This layer is the protocol layer that transfers data between adjacent network nodes in a wide area network or between nodes on the same local area network segment.

Unless you have special software or browser plug-in that can access your MAC directly and pass that to eBay, it just can't happen.

This is the same with any website, including Amazon.

This rumor has been circulating for a long time.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
WEI (10-05-2019)
Old 10-05-2019

Longevity: 31%
Send a message via ICQ to zosima269 Send a message via Skype™ to zosima269

This is not possible, it is not true
eBay cannot see your MAC address.
Old 10-05-2019

eBay cannot see your MAC address but they can see your Mac & cheese...
The Following User Says Thank You to joiNow For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (10-05-2019)
Old 10-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
I'm a network engineer by trade. Been doing this a VERY long time.

Your MAC (Media Access) Address is at layer 2 of the seven-layer OSI model. This layer is the protocol layer that transfers data between adjacent network nodes in a wide area network or between nodes on the same local area network segment.

Unless you have special software or browser plug-in that can access your MAC directly and pass that to eBay, it just can't happen.

This is the same with any website, including Amazon.

This rumor has been circulating for a long time.
100% correct, they can't see mac address
Old 10-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

The only way a website can view your MAC is with the aid of a 3rd party plug-in or with some external software application. Even with Javascript enabled by itself, it's still not possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
wqzjwz (09-15-2020)