Should I pay my ebay fees??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-11-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default Should I pay my ebay fees???

Hello everyone,

I live in the UK and Im knew to this stealth game and i wish i started sooner! I have been using 2 friends and families details for ebay and paypal. However recently both of the accounts was restricted, maybe due to high risk product, and now they are suspended.

They were both making a lot of money really fast and therefore have high ebays fees about £2k in total. Should i pay the fees, would it have any implications on my family and friends members as i dont want nothing bad happen to their credit score??

Im going to make another thread about stealth accounts set up.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-11-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Should I pay my ebay fees???

Ebay would turnover your debt to collection agency and your friend/relative will be getting phone calls,letters and their credit score dinged.
With relative like you,who needs enemy?
Old 10-11-2019

they may not collect the debt,but it would ding the credit score of the debtor and it will affect their ability to apply for bank loan,buy a house/car and credit card.
The last resort is the collection agency will sell it for pennies to some outfit which is like a boiler room,hiring rows of people sitting in cubicles calling you,if they can recover 3 -5 out of a hundred cases,they do well,considered they paid almost nothing for these debts .
they call you at work,at home,if they cant find you,they call your ex neighbor,landlord,roommate ,anyone you have come into contact me.
Old 10-11-2019

Spend those money ASAp. GIft card .Buy something in other place use paypal/
Old 10-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
Hello everyone,

I live in the UK and Im knew to this stealth game and i wish i started sooner! I have been using 2 friends and families details for ebay and paypal. However recently both of the accounts was restricted, maybe due to high risk product, and now they are suspended.

They were both making a lot of money really fast and therefore have high ebays fees about £2k in total. Should i pay the fees, would it have any implications on my family and friends members as i dont want nothing bad happen to their credit score??

Im going to make another thread about stealth accounts set up.

Of course, they'd be affected. But even if they wouldn't; withholding eBay fees helps tighten security and make life harder for the rest of us.
Old 10-11-2019
Threadstarter  

Thank you guys just making sure, absolute nightmare. I appreciate the response!
Old 10-11-2019

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

So are you going to pay their money or what ?

When stealth is abused, it makes the stealth game harder. Just remember that.
Old 10-11-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbur View Post
no, never pay ebay fees in that case. that's the most stupid thing you could do.

If it really goes so far that ebay starts to collect the fees with agencys then they would still need to proof that the accounts were really from these people.

In the very unlikely case that you provided their id to ebay at some point this is not enough to proof that the account was used on them.

most of the accounts sold anywhere are on real people. do you really think ebay will start to collect the fees only becacuse someone used their name?
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND??? Get out of here with this nonsense.
People like you make the game harder to play each time.

This is simple, family or not, you used their service and make money, you owe them their fees.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019

Longevity: 37%

Do not pay them. I owe ebay at least 5000 USD in fees. I sell from different accounts every month and I never pay fees. Also if your account is suspended, it would be very stupid to pay.
Old 10-11-2019

Longevity: 37%

I have received hundreds of emails from collection agencies, but I simply ignore them, since the accounts also had stealth data (⊗⊗⊗⊗)
Old 10-12-2019

Longevity: 31%

What is about the time and energy i invest to build up feedback and "trust" with ebay.
What is about the loss of the profit i have only because i have to start from 0.

I pay my fees as long ebay lets me sell my item. I always pay them on the last day (not with the automatic payment) just in case something happens.

If ebay plays fair, I play fair. But when they give me mc011 on an account with 500 feedback which is a half year old and didnt have a single negative feedback, i simply wont pay fees for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post

This is simple, family or not, you used their service and make money, you owe them their fees.
Old 10-12-2019

the fee is for service rendered ,not to render!
Ebay helps you sold the item,you get paid and now Ebay wants to be paid.
How would you like if you work all day and your employer pays you nothing,zero,nada?
Old 10-12-2019

There is no sense arguing with him,he does not want to pay,lets not waste our time .
He is here looking for moral support to justify 'not paying',he wants to hear from all of us telling him he is doing the right thing,and he is good and perfect and Ebay is evil
Old 10-12-2019

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post

I hate this way of thinking. Used their services? So when they completely screw you over in a heart beat, and destroy your business, was that also using their services? When you hire people, and now have to fire them, is that also? Or spend hours/days working on an ebay, taking pics, listing, doing all the hard work? How about with you bought $20k in inventory, and then get suspended, and rack up a **** ton of late fees, because you have no idea stealth ebay exists? Yeah F ebay and their services. If a guy starts working on my car, gets the engine out, and then just says " meh, I don't like the color of your car. I'm done. I stuck the engine in the trunk. Have fun". Do you still owe him for his services???
Old 10-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Let's not lose sight of the fact that these are not stealth accounts, they're friends and family with real addresses so in this case i think OP needs to settle up with ebay.
I'm not giving advice. Only responding to the specific attitude about ebay fees expressed, in regards to any accounts owing fees.
Old 10-12-2019

OP is not going to settle,his mind is already made up,the money could have been spent already so no money to pay fee.
As for his relatives,well tough **** for them
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
james13v (10-15-2019)
Old 10-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
I hate this way of thinking. Used their services? So when they completely screw you over in a heart beat, and destroy your business, was that also using their services? When you hire people, and now have to fire them, is that also? Or spend hours/days working on an ebay, taking pics, listing, doing all the hard work? How about with you bought $20k in inventory, and then get suspended, and rack up a **** ton of late fees, because you have no idea stealth ebay exists? Yeah F ebay and their services. If a guy starts working on my car, gets the engine out, and then just says " meh, I don't like the color of your car. I'm done. I stuck the engine in the trunk. Have fun". Do you still owe him for his services???
this is not a good argument,comparing selling on EBay and having someone fixed your car.
Ebay has its rules,so does Paypal and you should know what they are before you sign up.
I know many of us do not read all the fine prints,but we should at least know
the common rules,what is allowed and what is not allowed.
Before you spend that kind of money for inventory,you owe it to yourself to inspect the sales venue and see if it is a good place for your products,just like buying a house or a car,you dont just buy a house without checking roof,heater,A/C,foundation,termites and more?
Also I WOULD IMAGINE if someone is spending $20 k on inventory and relying on just one venue to move his merchandise?
dont you have a backup plan or a contingency plan?
or do you prefer to put all your eggs in one basket?
Old 10-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Dont worry guys I've paid the ebay fees... sadly
Old 10-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
this is not a good argument,comparing selling on EBay and having someone fixed your car.
Ebay has its rules,so does Paypal and you should know what they are before you sign up.
I know many of us do not read all the fine prints,but we should at least know
the common rules,what is allowed and what is not allowed.
Before you spend that kind of money for inventory,you owe it to yourself to inspect the sales venue and see if it is a good place for your products,just like buying a house or a car,you dont just buy a house without checking roof,heater,A/C,foundation,termites and more?
Also I WOULD IMAGINE if someone is spending $20 k on inventory and relying on just one venue to move his merchandise?
dont you have a backup plan or a contingency plan?
or do you prefer to put all your eggs in one basket?
OH LOL oh please!!! Ebay's rules? Ebay doesn't follow it's own rules, let alone all the secret rules they have that even us experts don't know, let alone someone that doesn't have a decade of ebay experience. Quite a lot of people don't think ebay is going to just screw them over, over night. WE know better, but the rest of the world expects ebay to be a legitimate company that handles things legitimately. If your business is going great, and you see ebay as something that works great, what the hell is wrong with spending $20k on inventory, so you can sell on ebay, when you know damn well you're not doing anything wrong and there is no reason ebay should suspend you??? It's a platform. You expect to be treated fairly, if you follow all their rules. Yet we all know that's BS.

Your way of thinking is just as stupid as the thinking of " ebay provided a service, you gotta pay them".

And do tell me what's so different about ebay and a mechanic?? Both are providing a service and both are being paid, and both can end the relationship at any point for any reason, with zero recourse. It was a great argument. And I like how you told me it's not, yet didn't actually provide a reason why it's not.
Old 10-15-2019

if this is how you feel about Ebay/Paypal etc,then find a better venue and payment processor,people in soup kitchen are bitter but they keep chowing down freebies,ever wonder where the freebies come from?
put your money where your mouth is,start your own website,find a better venue and come back and tell us,we will respect you