Does eBay fail to promote accounts with less than 90 days of sales history? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Default Does eBay fail to promote accounts with less than 90 days of sales history?

Hi,
I’ve been on eBay since 2001 and got serious about selling on the platform last year. This site has been incredibly helpful throughout my sales journey. I truly appreciate each and everyones insight on a multitude of topics. I heavily relied on Promoted Listings to get my products visible in a cluttered marked when I still had my previous account.

Like others my account eventually became suspended. As I’ve began to rebuild and rebrand. I’ve noticed something peculiar about both of my stealth accounts. I have found no other post about this topic but it appears that eBay refuses to allow accounts with less than 90 days of sales history to partake in promoted listings and markdown manager. I assume this then includes all of Promotion Manager. Can anyone confirm or debunk this theory? I’ve attempted in the consumer electronics, video games, and cell phone categories. All will say they are being promoted but without any clicks and with a small amount of impressions.

I will mention both accounts have less than 10 feedback and are neither Top Rated. Both have 25+ transactions and 100% feedback. I’ve narrowed it down to a lack of DSR’s or less than 90 days of sales history. I’m guessing it’s it’s lack of sales history and partially related to the Fall update. Please chime in if you have any additional insight, as it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2019

Longevity: 31%
Default Re: Does eBay fail to promote accounts with less than 90 days of sales history?

ebayaccounts with less than 25 feedback and less than 90d for the oldest sale are a bit handicaped. you can sell only 50 branded producs every 30 days.
I think this also affects the promotion
Old 10-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 28%
Default Re: Does eBay fail to promote accounts with less than 90 days of sales history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbur View Post
ebayaccounts with less than 25 feedback and less than 90d for the oldest sale are a bit handicaped. you can sell only 50 branded producs every 30 days.
I think this also affects the promotion
Thank you! This could be the lead I was looking for. So essentially I’m considered a new seller until 90 days after my first sale, 25 transactions and $250 in sales has been completed. Even if the account is aged and a year or two old, if it hasn’t completed a sale and or any of the above it will still be subject to new seller holds and potential category limits. It seems this could include restrictions on promotion listings as well. Thank you for the insight!