Passed public record check, yet good to go? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-04-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Passed public record check, yet good to go?

This ones a bit strange. I've been on eBay/AMZN (zshops) since the late 90s. Seen it all.

Decided to take a stab at making a new eBay account, with the usual stealth tactics. Only thing was slight name/address variation (FL2/3). Started with 5/500 limits, and was prompted to answer security questions from public record. Sure enough it was me, and upon passing that test they say great now you can sell 1000/5000! I figured something must not be right?

Account is about a month old, decent sales. Then I get another email that they're increasing my limits further.

While I'm not complaining obviously, anyone share a similar experience?

Now....

The thing that worries me is PayPal. I feel like they may be more sly? So far added my debit card, and was going to add my bank/ein. Or should I give as little info as possible? Or more info so they can see its an account that is growing.

I did have a small heart attack when I logged in the other day and it said they required verification. They asked for photo ID and it wouldn't take it on the site so I called up and in minutes a friendly rep reset my password for me because they were concerned about the safety of the account.

Is all of this too good to be true and I'm going to hit a wall? If only Amazon would work out for me..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Passed public record check, yet good to go?

I don't see anything out of the ordinary. This is how it's supposed to work. If you're able to prove your identity they instantly have more trust in you.. because they now have a way of tracking you down if you ever don't pay.

Just take it slow for the first couple of months and you should be fine. Paypal isn't going to try to trap you - they want you to grow bigger just like eBay does. If it were me, I'd go ahead and add a bank account then add your EIN around the 150 sales mark (so you don't burn an EIN if the ebay randomly goes down in the first 150 sales).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
darkstranger707 (11-04-2019), Lucynda (11-05-2019)
Old 11-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I don't see anything out of the ordinary. This is how it's supposed to work. If you're able to prove your identity they instantly have more trust in you.. because they now have a way of tracking you down if you ever don't pay.

Just take it slow for the first couple of months and you should be fine. Paypal isn't going to try to trap you - they want you to grow bigger just like eBay does. If it were me, I'd go ahead and add a bank account then add your EIN around the 150 sales mark (so you don't burn an EIN if the ebay randomly goes down in the first 150 sales).
Thank you, I guess my worry was that passing the public record check would be me confirming association to my old account.
Old 11-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstranger707 View Post
This ones a bit strange. I've been on eBay/AMZN (zshops) since the late 90s. Seen it all.

Decided to take a stab at making a new eBay account, with the usual stealth tactics. Only thing was slight name/address variation (FL2/3). Started with 5/500 limits, and was prompted to answer security questions from public record. Sure enough it was me, and upon passing that test they say great now you can sell 1000/5000! I figured something must not be right?

Account is about a month old, decent sales. Then I get another email that they're increasing my limits further.

While I'm not complaining obviously, anyone share a similar experience?

Now....

The thing that worries me is PayPal. I feel like they may be more sly? So far added my debit card, and was going to add my bank/ein. Or should I give as little info as possible? Or more info so they can see its an account that is growing.

I did have a small heart attack when I logged in the other day and it said they required verification. They asked for photo ID and it wouldn't take it on the site so I called up and in minutes a friendly rep reset my password for me because they were concerned about the safety of the account.

Is all of this too good to be true and I'm going to hit a wall? If only Amazon would work out for me..
I don't understand how you were selling without a bank account? Also you listed within the first 30-days instead of waiting?
Old 11-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediainspiron View Post
I don't understand how you were selling without a bank account? Also you listed within the first 30-days instead of waiting?
I listed some small items in the ~$5 range. Did the whole browsing thing, created some drafts of listings, bought some items, ect. One of the things they asked was about the business I have so I guess if they checked into that they'll be able to see how long its been in business for and such (11 yrs).

In the past I've tried using my normal info but when I get the public record test I fail it and then get suspended, that's why I was so surprised.
Old 11-04-2019

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
I listed some small items in the ~$5 range. Did the whole browsing thing, created some drafts of listings, bought some items, ect. One of the things they asked was about the business I have so I guess if they checked into that they'll be able to see how long its been in business for and such (11 yrs).

In the past I've tried using my normal info but when I get the public record test I fail it and then get suspended, that's why I was so surprised.
So are you saying with prior account making with your real info you would fail the public record test and then you tried again and used real info except making some minor changes to profile from your real and you then passed the public record test.
Did you have the option of using managed payments with this new account or using PayPal?
How old is this new account right now?
Old 11-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
So are you saying with prior account making with your real info you would fail the public record test and then you tried again and used real info except making some minor changes to profile from your real and you then passed the public record test.
Did you have the option of using managed payments with this new account or using PayPal?
How old is this new account right now?
I've tried both in the past - purposely failing the test, and passing the test. Both methods resulted in instant suspension, which is why I'm so surprised this time it worked.

Actually was unaware of the managed payments thing - haven't used eBay too much over the past few years, I've been just taking payments with PP.

The account is about 2 months old now.
Old 11-04-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

Nice experience darkstranger707
Old 11-05-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Nice experience darkstranger707
Thanks! Wish I still had my accounts from the late 90s but at least I'm off to a clean slate again!
The Following User Says Thank You to darkstranger707 For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (11-05-2019)
Old 11-05-2019

Longevity: 59%

I'm assuming you have an llc because of the ein? I'm a standstill if you could offer any advice. I have an llc, bank and debit card linked to PayPal been up and running about a week. Limit is 10/$750.. I made 2 purchases so far no sales. I put a random name for contact info into eBay and PayPal as a contact for the business.
Will I have to pass a records test to get limited increased on this account? It says I have to call in for a increase. I'm not sure what info they will ask or what I can provide considering I'm banned which is why I created the llc and started a business account.
Old 11-05-2019

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Thanks! Wish I still had my accounts from the late 90s but at least I'm off to a clean slate again!
When was the last time you had it suspended? I remember last time I did this I had used my middle name as my first name and probably sold about 10 or so items and then got suspended for linkage.

Did you use other new information like new address? I think this helps but not sure. I want to do this too but not sure if it’s worth the risk since my real PayPal account is now attached to it.

To my knowledge there is a “hard link” but it’s never official without SSN. So I think overtime if you had gotten suspended and redo things with completely new info it seems to work. I think
Old 11-05-2019

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestman View Post
I'm assuming you have an llc because of the ein? I'm a standstill if you could offer any advice. I have an llc, bank and debit card linked to PayPal been up and running about a week. Limit is 10/$750.. I made 2 purchases so far no sales. I put a random name for contact info into eBay and PayPal as a contact for the business.
Will I have to pass a records test to get limited increased on this account? It says I have to call in for a increase. I'm not sure what info they will ask or what I can provide considering I'm banned which is why I created the llc and started a business account.
You can let the account age while on this low limit for selling. I have real info and started with 5/500.00 a month. I let it go slow and have had account over a yr now and my limits are raised without calling in. Right now I am at 1000/25000.00 a month. I never called asking for an increase as I was once banned several years ago
When I made the current account I had new address in a different state new phone number and new bank.
To get some sales, lower prices and get your limit sold each month. You may even lose money or break even. For good feedback etc. I am sure they will up your limits.
Good luck
Old 11-06-2019

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
You can let the account age while on this low limit for selling. I have real info and started with 5/500.00 a month. I let it go slow and have had account over a yr now and my limits are raised without calling in. Right now I am at 1000/25000.00 a month. I never called asking for an increase as I was once banned several years ago
When I made the current account I had new address in a different state new phone number and new bank.
To get some sales, lower prices and get your limit sold each month. You may even lose money or break even. For good feedback etc. I am sure they will up your limits.
Good luck
Thanks. Ya I'm going to drop all the prices on my 10 items.