Can't take money out, PayPal asking for public record questions and SSN?? WTF?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-18-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Can't take money out, PayPal asking for public record questions and SSN?? WTF??

So the main phone number on my account is a made up number, when I go to add a bank, it says I haven't signed in from this location before (lies), and I need to verify my phone to make sure it's me.

I click call me and even text me at a different number, but it won't allow me to put in a different number because it says "this number doesn't match your name?"

So I go back to paypal, add my google voice number, verify it. And try to delete the old made up number and it says to call paypal.

I call them and they basically want social security number to pull public record questions (it's a stealth account) before they can remove a phone number that isn't verified.


Seems like the norm now is ebay/paypal asking for SSN than asking public record questions.


how do i go about adding my bank to take the money out?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 06-19-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 698
Thanks: 3
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Activity: 35%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebrityao View Post
So the main phone number on my account is a made up number, when I go to add a bank, it says I haven't signed in from this location before (lies), and I need to verify my phone to make sure it's me.

I click call me and even text me at a different number, but it won't allow me to put in a different number because it says "this number doesn't match your name?"

So I go back to paypal, add my google voice number, verify it. And try to delete the old made up number and it says to call paypal.

I call them and they basically want social security number to pull public record questions (it's a stealth account) before they can remove a phone number that isn't verified.


Seems like the norm now is ebay/paypal asking for SSN than asking public record questions.


how do i go about adding my bank to take the money out?
Call them back and just be like I don't feel comfortable giving out my ssn. I did that once and she was like ok and asked me the questions. But if the name is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name well you pretty much have no chance.

Last edited by TGMT²; 06-19-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-19-2016
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,929
Thanks: 4,602
Thanked 7,056 Times in 6,427 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Can't take money out, PayPal asking for public record questions and SSN?? WTF??

Real person's info....someone you don't know?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-19-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 17
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't take money out, PayPal asking for public record questions and SSN?? WTF??

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlmfao View Post
Call them back and just be like I don't feel comfortable giving out my ssn. I did that once and she was like ok and asked me the questions. But if the name is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name well you pretty much have no chance.
I did same for an account. I was asked other questions.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-19-2016
inkidiot's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 59
Thanks: 67
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't take money out, PayPal asking for public record questions and SSN?? WTF??

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebrityao View Post
So the main phone number on my account is a made up number, when I go to add a bank, it says I haven't signed in from this location before (lies), and I need to verify my phone to make sure it's me.

I click call me and even text me at a different number, but it won't allow me to put in a different number because it says "this number doesn't match your name?"

So I go back to paypal, add my google voice number, verify it. And try to delete the old made up number and it says to call paypal.

I call them and they basically want social security number to pull public record questions (it's a stealth account) before they can remove a phone number that isn't verified.


Seems like the norm now is ebay/paypal asking for SSN than asking public record questions.


how do i go about adding my bank to take the money out?
Same thing happened to me with the number doesn't match your name. I called last month and paypal told me it was because I was using metabank for bank account and that they don't accept metabank anymore because metabank is for prepaid cards... I don't know if I should call them again or what...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-19-2016
plumsake2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 358
Thanks: 120
Thanked 178 Times in 126 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (14)
Default Re: Can't take money out, PayPal asking for public record questions and SSN?? WTF??

You really shouldn't ever use a false number. Even a free virtual number is better than a nonexistent one. Paypal is going to want you to use the original number or else they'll try the database questions to make sure the real account holder is doing those things.

The device not recognized error can happen when trying to add a blacklisted bank (as seen in inkidiot's situation above), or if you're just otherwise doing something either outside of your normal account usage patterns, or simply just doing something Paypal doesn't want you to do (i.e. suddenly withdrawing a large amount).

You can try to wait it out -- as long as it's simply an issue of doing something they didn't want you to do, like withdrawing too much -- then try again in a few days with a smaller amount. If it's in regards to something like a blacklisted bank then it won't go away. In that case, you should use a better bank.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-20-2016
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't take money out, PayPal asking for public record questions and SSN?? WTF??

it's not a virtual bank account, it's captial one 360 bank.

and i added a new number and verified it, yet when i try adding the bank it wants to call on the old ⊗⊗⊗⊗ number and when i click call me at this other number it says name doesn't match etc.

haven't made any withdraws yet, it's a new account.

honestly think they do background checks with public record the second you create an account. and it they can't find you in data base, red flag red flag
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-20-2016
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,970
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,997 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Can't take money out, PayPal asking for public record questions and SSN?? WTF??

Putting a phony number makes another red flag.

The idea when creating a stealth account is to have as few chances of red flags as possible.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-20-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 930
Thanks: 34
Thanked 57 Times in 52 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 57%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Can't take money out, PayPal asking for public record questions and SSN?? WTF??

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebrityao View Post
it's not a virtual bank account, it's captial one 360 bank.

and i added a new number and verified it, yet when i try adding the bank it wants to call on the old ⊗⊗⊗⊗ number and when i click call me at this other number it says name doesn't match etc.

haven't made any withdraws yet, it's a new account.

honestly think they do background checks with public record the second you create an account. and it they can't find you in data base, red flag red flag
Cap360 accounts cannot be added or used anymore. Thats one issue. The second issue is you need to use a real phone number. The third thing is, when making accounts, use whitepages.com or better yet, spring for a beenverified.com account. 9 out of 10 times you can find the answers to most of the questions.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Public record ebay payment on credit? FandangoKango Subscriber Discussions 4 01-14-2012 05:35 PM
I don't understand ebays public record system! FandangoKango Subscriber Discussions 3 12-26-2011 10:05 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts