A summary from a newbie - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-27-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default A summary from a newbie

Hi all!

I am new to the forum so please be gentle (and excuse any questions that have been asked 100s of times before).

My story is a lot like the others on here, I had a successful ebay account which has been restricted. I searched about how to get back online, so here I am. I am a UK based seller.

I thought it would be useful to summarise what I know so far on how to get back online and stay online based on my reading of the demo stealth guide and the numerous posts on this forum. I will have no doubt missed some crucial elements - and if I have please do feel free to correct me.

Broadly speaking, from my understanding, the following apply when setting up a new account :

1. A new account to be setup with a Fresh IP.

I’m not a complete novice when it comes to setup of new IPs but in no way am I an expert. From what I understand, I must clear all cookies from my computer/browser before I start this step (see point 2 below).
From here, I must use a VPN to log in and change my IP. I have Kaspersky VPN which changes my IP.

My other Qs are :
  • Can I change my IP from my router directly? (I have a Virgin Hub – fibre Optic and can access the settings page (192.168.0.1) to do this.
  • Does resetting your router always change your IP address?
  • Once a stealth account is created, will accessing multiple stealth accounts from the same wifi cause issues? I don’t mean from the same device. For instance, I am talking about one stealth account on my android and another on my laptop.
  • I also assume I will always have to connect to my stealth account with some sort of VPN unless using the data network on my phone which will always give a unique IP whilst travelling?
  • Is a VPN the best route or is it worth just buying a data sim and tethering off this? (The only reason I want to avoid this is due to the poor data connection in my area!).
  • To caveat all the above, I understand from y reading that a tethered data sim is probably the best bet for me as a UK seller.

2. Clean all cookies using CCleaner or similar.

All cookies should be cleaned off your device using something like CCleaner or similar. This should be done every time you log into different stealth accounts.

Other questions
  • Do I have to keep a track of all IP’s used when logging into my stealth account? Is this just to make sure that I don’t mix between different steal accounts? Surely if steal account 1 were to use an old IP address it used previously (say 3 months ago) that would not be an issue?
  • I understand I should in no way download the ebay app onto my phone but is it ok to use this via the browser on your phone and also in between other steal accounts? Or does the same apply in that I should always wipe my phone? If so, is it best just not to use a phone to log into your stealth accs and just use your PC?
  • I normally have my ebay email addresses linked to a mail client (like Bluemail or iphone mail) so I can respond to messages from buyers. Should I stop doing this when I setup my stealth account?

Apologies in advance for the multitude of repeat Qs!

Thanks
Felics
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-27-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: A summary from a newbie

I can see you have done some homework, honestly it's much more worth it and saves time if you just go and read the stealth guide.

This forum is built to provide support for people that have studied the guide.
It'll become a LOT easier.
Old 12-27-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 91%

Sounds like youre asking some basic questions and the answers to those can be found in the stealth guide.
Might be worth a read.
Old 12-28-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felics View Post
Hi all!

I am new to the forum so please be gentle (and excuse any questions that have been asked 100s of times before).

My story is a lot like the others on here, I had a successful ebay account which has been restricted. I searched about how to get back online, so here I am. I am a UK based seller.

I thought it would be useful to summarise what I know so far on how to get back online and stay online based on my reading of the demo stealth guide and the numerous posts on this forum. I will have no doubt missed some crucial elements - and if I have please do feel free to correct me.

Broadly speaking, from my understanding, the following apply when setting up a new account :

1. A new account to be setup with a Fresh IP.

I’m not a complete novice when it comes to setup of new IPs but in no way am I an expert. From what I understand, I must clear all cookies from my computer/browser before I start this step (see point 2 below).
From here, I must use a VPN to log in and change my IP. I have Kaspersky VPN which changes my IP.

My other Qs are :
  • Can I change my IP from my router directly? (I have a Virgin Hub – fibre Optic and can access the settings page (192.168.0.1) to do this.
  • Does resetting your router always change your IP address?
  • Once a stealth account is created, will accessing multiple stealth accounts from the same wifi cause issues? I don’t mean from the same device. For instance, I am talking about one stealth account on my android and another on my laptop.
  • I also assume I will always have to connect to my stealth account with some sort of VPN unless using the data network on my phone which will always give a unique IP whilst travelling?
  • Is a VPN the best route or is it worth just buying a data sim and tethering off this? (The only reason I want to avoid this is due to the poor data connection in my area!).
  • To caveat all the above, I understand from y reading that a tethered data sim is probably the best bet for me as a UK seller.

2. Clean all cookies using CCleaner or similar.

All cookies should be cleaned off your device using something like CCleaner or similar. This should be done every time you log into different stealth accounts.

Other questions
  • Do I have to keep a track of all IP’s used when logging into my stealth account? Is this just to make sure that I don’t mix between different steal accounts? Surely if steal account 1 were to use an old IP address it used previously (say 3 months ago) that would not be an issue?
  • I understand I should in no way download the ebay app onto my phone but is it ok to use this via the browser on your phone and also in between other steal accounts? Or does the same apply in that I should always wipe my phone? If so, is it best just not to use a phone to log into your stealth accs and just use your PC?
  • I normally have my ebay email addresses linked to a mail client (like Bluemail or iphone mail) so I can respond to messages from buyers. Should I stop doing this when I setup my stealth account?

Apologies in advance for the multitude of repeat Qs!

Thanks
Felics
Can I change my IP from my router directly? (I have a Virgin Hub – fibre Optic and can access the settings page (192.168.0.1) to do this.
Does resetting your router always change your IP address?

=== depends on your ISP. Some will assign you new IP each time you restart. so you need to check. If it's dynamic, then you can go ahead. Make sure to register every IP address you used in order not to use it later.

1)
Once a stealth account is created, will accessing multiple stealth accounts from the same wifi cause issues? I don’t mean from the same device. For instance, I am talking about one stealth account on my android and another on my laptop.
I also assume I will always have to connect to my stealth account with some sort of VPN unless using the data network on my phone which will always give a unique IP whilst travelling?
Is a VPN the best route or is it worth just buying a data sim and tethering off this? (The only reason I want to avoid this is due to the poor data connection in my area!).

Using VPN is not recommended. Try fresh Dedicated IP if you can afford that. otherwise, dynamic IP will do.

To caveat all the above, I understand from y reading that a tethered data sim is probably the best bet for me as a UK seller.

I don't know

2)

You need to create SEPARATE USER account for each account. clearing cookies is not enough.

I normally have my ebay email addresses linked to a mail client (like Bluemail or iphone mail) so I can respond to messages from buyers. Should I stop doing this when I setup my stealth account?

app is not stealth friendly. stay away. you don't need . you can keep track of your account through email.

you can keep doing that but make sure to disable images in the email for more safety.