eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay returns (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/132781-ebay-returns.html)

Confederate71 01-14-2020 05:54 AM

Ebay returns

Have had a refund case opened against me for incorrect description. Disagreed with buyer but decided to accept return and full refund. Goods arrived but 2 of 5 items had been swapped. Attempted to message buyer but Ebay not allowing transmission of message. I reported buyer. Have not refunded as yet.
Any help with my next move is appreciated.

rsot 01-14-2020 06:29 AM

Re: Ebay returns

Did you by chance take pics of what was returned? This is a tough case to solve - sad to hear you have a buyer that is attempting to screw you.

Mind sharing what was the item/category that this item is?

dano 01-14-2020 06:36 AM

Returns are the worst part of the game, but you have to consider it. It will be difficult now demonstrate your reason to eBay customer care

agent006140 01-14-2020 07:13 AM

call Ebay and ask what to do,ebay bot will refund if you dont.
either Ebay will make up the difference,ding the buyer or you have to refund in full.
small amount,the right Ebay rep will just make Ebay eats the difference

Confederate71 01-14-2020 08:09 AM

Category is stamps

Confederate71 01-14-2020 08:14 AM

Did take scans of returned item. Difficult to call as I'm in Oz and Ebay in US. maybe resolutions could help. Any other ideas?

agent006140 01-14-2020 08:45 AM

did you list your item on Ebay USA or Ebay Australia?
Sounds like your buyer just kept the ones he wants and return the ones he does not want,

Confederate71 01-14-2020 09:00 AM

Listed on Ebay USA

Pandoras_box 01-14-2020 09:13 AM

He wins; however you play it. I'd say refund and be done with it.
If you want a shot at saving his next victim, you could establish your case with eBay CS and ask them to please seek the input of the customer.

Then mail him later explaining what you have done. Be sure to let him know successive complaint of the same nature by another seller could establish a pattern and that could get his account suspended. It's bluff, but it could deter him for a while.

james13v 01-14-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 1061875)
He wins; however you play it. I'd say refund and be done with it.
If you want a shot at saving his next victim, you could establish your case with eBay CS and ask them to please seek the input of the customer.

Then mail him later explaining what you have done. Be sure to let him know successive complaint of the same nature by another seller could establish a pattern and that could get his account suspended. It's bluff, but it could deter him for a while.

successive complaints of the same nature CAN establish a patter and get him suspended. That's not a bluff.

Confederate71 01-15-2020 11:03 PM

Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions and support. I've decided to go with a full refund , but I have reported him/her to Ebay. Told the seller what I thought of his /her behaviour and stated that I did not want him/her bidding on my future lots. Just words though , the seller won even after demonstrating dishonesty.

SaiJin 01-15-2020 11:27 PM

This is unfortunately somewhat common. Buyers abusing the system basically.

The problem is the cost of the stamps I'm assuming aren't high enough to warrant a look by the cops plus you shipped international. So this makes it very tough and not worth the hassle.

Confederate71 01-15-2020 11:47 PM

Yes , you are right Saijin . The stamps returned are probably only about $20/$30 less in value, so with shipping costs the whole exercise has cost me around $50. I am a little naïve when it comes to this , it's all new to me. Is there any way I can block a buyer from bidding on my lots?

SaiJin 01-16-2020 12:17 AM

Unfortunately no one can know which buyer is a bad egg until they do right?
The good thing is that most are good. But account for the small % that will make you lose money and perhaps add that cost to the cost of your business.

Thieves drive the price up they say. And it's true.
I know it is absolutely frustrating, but once you have the mindset of knowing that you still come out ahead and make decent profit, it becomes easier to swallow.

Kajunrook 01-16-2020 10:44 AM

Well I occassionally sell stamps and have had this happen before, they take my mint perfect stamp and send back one that is off center. I report them and ban them from bidding on another other items.

agent006140 01-16-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confederate71 (Post 1062244)
Yes , you are right Saijin . The stamps returned are probably only about $20/$30 less in value, so with shipping costs the whole exercise has cost me around $50. I am a little naïve when it comes to this , it's all new to me. Is there any way I can block a buyer from bidding on my lots?

ebay has a feature to block bidders,there should also be a place to 'report this buyer'

13obby 01-16-2020 11:43 AM

I’ve personally had a few of these I just take a picture of the return package and the contents and then proceed with a partial refund min using the cost of the wrong/incorrect items sent then you’ll be asked to give a reason as to why your only partially refunding the buyer and you’ll have an option to provide pictures and that’s it click submit it’s always worked for me never had an issue.

Confederate71 01-16-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1062361)
ebay has a feature to block bidders,there should also be a place to 'report this buyer'

Thanks for the advice. I have reported the buyer and blocked his/her buying from me.

Pandoras_box 01-19-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 1061909)
successive complaints of the same nature CAN establish a patter and get him suspended. That's not a bluff.

Bluff because eBay may allow the buyer free reign for extended periods until they act if they act at all. So it's not a promise.

Pandoras_box 01-19-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1062246)
Unfortunately no one can know which buyer is a bad egg until they do right?
The good thing is that most are good. But account for the small % that will make you lose money and perhaps add that cost to the cost of your business.

Thieves drive the price up they say. And it's true.
I know it is absolutely frustrating, but once you have the mindset of knowing that you still come out ahead and make decent profit, it becomes easier to swallow.

So true SaiJin.

This is why I just get it over with quickly especially for loses that I can just write off as a loss.

agent006140 01-19-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 1062929)
Bluff because eBay may allow the buyer free reign for extended periods until they act if they act at all. So it's not a promise.

Ebay does act,it has suspended buyer who filed too many disputes as he is a hazard to the seller community.
A buyer from rural MExico has bought many cheap trinklets on ebay from different sellers,since it is low price and Mexico,sellers shipped with no trcking .
Buyer then filed item not received,probably they are stolen,Ebay had enough of her and suspended her buying privilege.
Paypal does too,a buyer open a Paypal account and bought 19 items in an hour,then file INAD on all 19 right away.Paypal suspended her account.

agent006140 01-19-2020 01:14 PM

There is this saying Dont sell anything you cant afford to lose on Ebay.
Buying a wedding gown and return it INAD after the wedding.
Buying a tuxedo and return it after ocasion.
even designer handbag,gowns ,shoes.
Buying an antique guitar,camera,remove the part needed for repairing your own.
Buy a dvd,watch it and return it.
Buy a reference book,price guide,how to book,read it,and return it.
buy a gold coin,roll of Morgan City silver coins,gold chains and return a copper coin,wrapping paper and empty box.
Some sellers who sell antique watches lost 5 figures