eBay Category Ban - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 0%
iTrader: (0)
Exclamation eBay Category Ban

Hello all. Recently, I was restricted from the Consumer Electronics category for an unknown reason after having a few months of high sales and 93% positive feedback. eBay will not accept my appeal so I believe my only choice is to make a new account.

Since I was not completely banned from eBay, can I just make a regular account or will I need to use stealth procedures? Additionally, how long will it take for me to get to a sales limit of $25k/month again on a new account?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 227
Thanks: 6
Thanked 33 Times in 32 Posts
Activity: 59%
Longevity: 1%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay Category Ban

To get that limit again, you need to age your account gradually.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 60,651
Thanks: 4,753
Thanked 7,345 Times in 6,696 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: eBay Category Ban

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9,361
Thanks: 1,874
Thanked 3,394 Times in 2,535 Posts
Activity: 85%
Longevity: 33%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: eBay Category Ban

93% is a terrible feedback rating on eBay. That's why they banned you from that category. You'll have to either start using a stealth account or setup a legal business and make an account for it. Either way, you'll have to improve your selling practices or you'll just keep losing accounts. 93% on a high volume account indicates a TON of negative feedback.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 84
Thanks: 24
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 34%
Longevity: 21%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay Category Ban

Maybe never.

I have been selling consumer electronics on one account for 2 years now, $50,000 in sales (200 transactions). Zero disputes. 100% positive feedback (around 800). Purchased over $100,000 worth of items on this account. Fully confirmed, sent ID, sent invoices, added an EIN, STill the motherf*ckers are giving me a $500 limit and 21 day holds.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayelectronics View Post
Hello all. Recently, I was restricted from the Consumer Electronics category for an unknown reason after having a few months of high sales and 93% positive feedback. eBay will not accept my appeal so I believe my only choice is to make a new account.

Since I was not completely banned from eBay, can I just make a regular account or will I need to use stealth procedures? Additionally, how long will it take for me to get to a sales limit of $25k/month again on a new account?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1 Week Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 65 Times in 55 Posts
Activity: 35%
Longevity: 11%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay Category Ban

i think i never seen someone with such a bad feedback %. this is for sure the reason
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 1 Week Ago
agent006140's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 7,132
Thanks: 859
Thanked 546 Times in 507 Posts
Activity: 98%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay Category Ban

and your FVF can go to 14%
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 1 Week Ago
StealthLannister's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 266
Thanks: 44
Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts
Activity: 51%
Longevity: 18%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay Category Ban

Did you have a lot of disputes? Looks like you're selling a high risk item, are those phakes?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 1 Week Ago
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 60,651
Thanks: 4,753
Thanked 7,345 Times in 6,696 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: eBay Category Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafonabob1 View Post
Maybe never.

I have been selling consumer electronics on one account for 2 years now, $50,000 in sales (200 transactions). Zero disputes. 100% positive feedback (around 800). Purchased over $100,000 worth of items on this account. Fully confirmed, sent ID, sent invoices, added an EIN, STill the motherf*ckers are giving me a $500 limit and 21 day holds.
Very rough to hear :( $500 limit on the pp side?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 84
Thanks: 24
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 34%
Longevity: 21%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay Category Ban

High risk category. Before they would release it 24 hours after delivery. Now solid 21 day hold after $500. On this account I am still able to call Paypal and they route me directly to USA support, when I ask they just say "yes, all sales over $500 are held"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Very rough to hear :( $500 limit on the pp side?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 1 Week Ago
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 60,651
Thanks: 4,753
Thanked 7,345 Times in 6,696 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: eBay Category Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafonabob1 View Post
High risk category. Before they would release it 24 hours after delivery. Now solid 21 day hold after $500. On this account I am still able to call Paypal and they route me directly to USA support, when I ask they just say "yes, all sales over $500 are held"
Ah ok - high risk category...makes sense even though you've been active for a long time....guess just the high security measures are always in effect.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ebay category resctricted Parisjen eBay Suspensions 9 05-27-2019 10:45 AM
Ebay Category Limit ProblemChild eBay Discussion! 7 08-22-2017 10:11 AM
Industrial Supplies Category in Amazon - is it a Restricted Category? isabelle2001 Amazon 1 07-21-2017 11:00 AM
eBay Category Approvals?? jakobrockz eBay Discussion! 2 03-08-2017 08:15 AM
Ebay category limits! mirus UK eBay & Paypal 15 09-03-2012 10:29 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts