Was selling face masks on ebay. (4 accounts banned) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-11-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default Was selling face masks on ebay. (4 accounts banned)

Hi everyone,

To start off, I've read all the related face masks selling stories on this site. Some users were helpful and some weren't and I totally understand.

I've also donated few boxes of masks to my local obgyn hospital (wife is pregnant) and urgent care hospitals where me and my usually go to.

To start off, I've some how pulled off large shipments of face masks from South Korea. All legit KF94 masks and high quality compared to those cheap chinese ones where i've been reading bad stuff about them from people I know and also on other websites.

For each ebay and paypal account I had, I've been able to sell over $3000 worth of items until the account was suspended. I've been able to do this 4 times on different accounts using my family members computers at their location.

From my calculation, with my margin I can try buying stealth accounts to use
overseas through remote access (partner has computers and new locations with ip addresses) to control the newly bought stealth accounts.

My question is: Would this work? and if not? is there a better way? I am told with the new stealth accounts, I have to start slowly, would listing 1 item with quantity of less than 10 be okay to start off with?

P.S. I understand and take all bashing about selling face masks, but I'd really like to sell these off at a small margin. I intentionally bought these masks to support my family and friends as I hated the chinese products and then found a way to bulk purchase korean ones from korea. Thanks!

*EDIT* All 4 ebay accounts were suspended only on selling. Purchasing is fine. All 4 Paypal accounts are still fine.

Last edited by Save85; 04-11-2020 at 07:01 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Was selling face masks on ebay. (4 accounts banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Seems like you know about the 'maturing ' part of the stealth game. You should be good to go in about 3 months time if you start the process now.

But you also know that once you've gone though the arduous task of maturing them as soon as you list your masks you'll be suspended - I dont see the restrictions being lifted for ages due to the likelihood of a second wave.

Seems like a fait accompli - you're stuck with them for a long time me thinks.
Thanks for the honest opinion.
Old 04-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Were your listings removed or were you just suspended for selling too quickly?

It sounds like with the 3 subsequent accounts you started selling on after your own account went down, you just jumped in and started selling balls to the wall. That kind of jump in sales activity on an account the hasn't sold much (or sold at all) before will almost always lead to a suspension. So I guess keep in mind that even if you bought a stealth account, you'd still need to start slow and build up over a few weeks, regardless of the type of item you're trying to sell.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Save85 (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

I would think if Ebay are suspending your accounts because you are selling face masks they are, in their inimitable and subtle way, telling you not to do it on Ebay

I am therefore wondering why you think that buying new accounts and listing these items would in any way be sustainable for even the shortest amount of time

Would you not be better trying to find another way to market them? Clearly Ebay do not want you

But, it's your money to speculate with and I'm sure the account sellers will appreciate the business

Good luck with it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (04-11-2020), Save85 (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
I would think if Ebay are suspending your accounts because you are selling face masks they are, in their inimitable and subtle way, telling you not to do it on Ebay

I am therefore wondering why you think that buying new accounts and listing these items would in any way be sustainable for even the shortest amount of time

Would you not be better trying to find another way to market them? Clearly Ebay do not want you

But, it's your money to speculate with and I'm sure the account sellers will appreciate the business

Good luck with it
LOL, by that standard, none of us should sell ANYTHING on ebay, as ebay clearly doesn't want us either. No?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
eyahed (04-21-2020), phaz0rz (04-11-2020), Save85 (04-11-2020), StealthHarry (04-16-2020)
Old 04-11-2020

Longevity: 39%

Go to your local hospital, set up a table in front and sell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save85 View Post
Hi everyone,

To start off, I've read all the related face masks selling stories on this site. Some users were helpful and some weren't and I totally understand.

I've also donated few boxes of masks to my local obgyn hospital (wife is pregnant) and urgent care hospitals where me and my usually go to.

To start off, I've some how pulled off large shipments of face masks from South Korea. All legit KF94 masks and high quality compared to those cheap chinese ones where i've been reading bad stuff about them from people I know and also on other websites.

For each ebay and paypal account I had, I've been able to sell over $3000 worth of items until the account was suspended. I've been able to do this 4 times on different accounts using my family members computers at their location.

From my calculation, with my margin I can try buying stealth accounts to use
overseas through remote access (partner has computers and new locations with ip addresses) to control the newly bought stealth accounts.

My question is: Would this work? and if not? is there a better way? I am told with the new stealth accounts, I have to start slowly, would listing 1 item with quantity of less than 10 be okay to start off with?

P.S. I understand and take all bashing about selling face masks, but I'd really like to sell these off at a small margin. I intentionally bought these masks to support my family and friends as I hated the chinese products and then found a way to bulk purchase korean ones from korea. Thanks!

*EDIT* All 4 ebay accounts were suspended only on selling. Purchasing is fine. All 4 Paypal accounts are still fine.
Old 04-11-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
No.
You don't agree?
Old 04-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
LOL, by that standard, none of us should sell ANYTHING on ebay, as ebay clearly doesn't want us either. No?
There is huge difference between products sold and people selling - subtle I know - but there is a difference
Old 04-11-2020

Quote:
There is huge difference between products sold and people selling - subtle I know - but there is a difference
You said " clearly ebay do not want you". Literally your words, verbatim.

There is zero difference, subtle or otherwise, between ebay not wanting him, and ebay not wanting ANY of us. If there weren't, a forum for stealth ebay accounts wouldn't exist.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
eyahed (04-21-2020), phaz0rz (04-11-2020), Save85 (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You said " clearly ebay do not want you". Literally your words, verbatim.

There is zero difference, subtle or otherwise, between ebay not wanting him, and ebay not wanting ANY of us. If there weren't, a forum for stealth ebay accounts wouldn't exist.
If we are going to get pedantic about the English language that's fine but that does nothing for the OP

It just shows your ignorance
Old 04-11-2020

Quote:
If we are going to get pedantic about the English language that's fine but that does nothing for the OP

It just shows your ignorance
Not even remotely pedantic. It's exactly what you said. Now you want to pretend you didn't say it. Again, arguing about what ebay wants or doesn't want, and deciding what to do based on that, is moronic. If we went by that, none of us would be selling. how tf you don't understand this concept, is beyond me. If the guy wants to burn through accounts, selling things ebay doesn't want, more power to him.

This forum is chock full of people selling things that get them suspended very quickly. Clearly, it's sustainable for them, or the account sellers on here wouldn't have a job anymore. We are here to figure out how to make EBAY the market for our goods, even after being suspended by them. Might as well tell everyone to find another market

Last edited by james13v; 04-11-2020 at 08:22 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
eyahed (04-21-2020), phaz0rz (04-11-2020), Save85 (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Good luck with it
Thanks for your reply. I'd like to say that the reason I am buying new accounts to go on a selling run right off the bat is because throughout the 4 accounts, it took maybe 3~4 days for me to get the final restriction on selling. I understand suspensions can vary and it can happen right from the start. Through out the testing stages, I was able to make substantial profit.

A lot of users here are not in the same situation where I am at. Most users want to secure stealth accounts for a long run to do business. I on the other hand don't really care for nurture stealth accounts instead, I cover the bill with the profit where time is more valuable for me.

Regarding, different markets, I've tried amazon, bonanza, and other foreign sites and nothing beats Ebay. :D But yes, stealth account sellers will definitely appreciate my circumstances.

As for your statement "Clearly Ebay do not want you" - Yes I believe they really don't want me as they've suspended me, but there are others out there constantly selling atm at much higher prices. I'm sure Ebay doesn't want them either. What matters is do the buyers want us or not.

Hope it answers your questions on my approach with the new stealth accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Save85 For This Useful Post:
james13v (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Not even remotely pedantic. It's exactly what you said. Now you want to pretend you didn't say it. Again, arguing about what ebay wants or doesn't want, and deciding what to do based on that, is moronic. If we went by that, none of us would be selling. how tf you don't understand this concept, is beyond me. If the guy wants to burn through accounts, selling things ebay doesn't want, more power to him.
I only do silly and pointless discussions on a Thursdat between 10.00 pm and 11.00 pm - try me then

In the meantime forget your silly language issues and address the OPs problem
Old 04-11-2020

Quote:
I only do silly and pointless discussions on a Thursdat between 10.00 pm and 11.00 pm - try me then

In the meantime forget your silly language issues and address the OPs problem
I ****ing did. You're telling him to find another market because ebay doesn't want him. I'm telling him, that you're a moron, and to continue burning through accounts and making a profit for as long as he can, because that's one of the main things this forum is about. Your response to him was pointless. he has a product that clearly sells. Why the hell should he not continue to sell it, even if ebay doesn't want him to?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (04-11-2020), Save85 (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafonabob1 View Post
Go to your local hospital, set up a table in front and sell them.
Thanks for the comment!

I've already donated to a hospital and urgent care. Anyways, it would feel uncomfortable selling in front of a hospital. Plus, i'd probably need approval first which isn't easy. I'm selling on local trade markets and have sold a few to customers, not just fast enough.
Old 04-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I'd like to say that the reason I am buying new accounts to go on a selling run right off the bat is because throughout the 4 accounts, it took maybe 3~4 days for me to get the final restriction on selling. I understand suspensions can vary and it can happen right from the start. Through out the testing stages, I was able to make substantial profit.

A lot of users here are not in the same situation where I am at. Most users want to secure stealth accounts for a long run to do business. I on the other hand don't really care for nurture stealth accounts instead, I cover the bill with the profit where time is more valuable for me.

Regarding, different markets, I've tried amazon, bonanza, and other foreign sites and nothing beats Ebay. :D But yes, stealth account sellers will definitely appreciate my circumstances.

As for your statement "Clearly Ebay do not want you" - Yes I believe they really don't want me as they've suspended me, but there are others out there constantly selling atm at much higher prices. I'm sure Ebay doesn't want them either. What matters is do the buyers want us or not.

Hope it answers your questions on my approach with the new stealth accounts.
It certainly does - why not try it and see - just hope the Paypal accounts do not get restricted

Can I suggest you empty your current Paypal accounts as soon as you can
Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Were your listings removed or were you just suspended for selling too quickly?

It sounds like with the 3 subsequent accounts you started selling on after your own account went down, you just jumped in and started selling balls to the wall. That kind of jump in sales activity on an account the hasn't sold much (or sold at all) before will almost always lead to a suspension. So I guess keep in mind that even if you bought a stealth account, you'd still need to start slow and build up over a few weeks, regardless of the type of item you're trying to sell.
Thanks! phaz0rz. I think jump starting and selling balls to the wall is part of what might have triggered the suspension, but I think it was more to do with selling face masks in general :P I'll keep note of that to maybe go slower this time. But from what I've gathered, it's only a matter of time I'll get suspended once they find out i'm selling face masks. But I have some solutions right now to get around it after thinking about it.
Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
not the hospital ,but approach some retail outlets and see if they will let you sell there.
I was at a supermarket which I have not visited for months and right by the entrance ,there are boxes of disposable gloves we can wear while shopping,I dont see them in other supermarkets .
Thanks for the tip. Although, I really do want to do this, I'd probably need permission. :D and it doesn't look good when your trying to profit at times like this. I'd probably do this and sell at half the cost if selling online isn't possible.
Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I ****ing did. You're telling him to find another market because ebay doesn't want him. I'm telling him, that you're a moron, and to continue burning through accounts and making a profit for as long as he can, because that's one of the main things this forum is about. Your response to him was pointless. he has a product that clearly sells. Why the hell should he not continue to sell it, even if ebay doesn't want him to?
Thanks james13v,

I don't want to take anyone's side with you and bigblackdog (thanks both for the honest replies), but your comment made me reassured what my next steps are in my current situation. Thanks! really appreciate it.
Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It certainly does - why not try it and see - just hope the Paypal accounts do not get restricted

Can I suggest you empty your current Paypal accounts as soon as you can
Hmmm. wait I'm under the impression that I should use my old paypal accounts on the new eBay Stealth accounts?

I was actually just going to start fresh with new paypal accounts, because I read somewhere they can link the *new* ebay account to the suspended one if i use the same paypal. I have a few checking and savings account and thinking of opening more in the near future to open more paypal accounts.

What do you think? Would using the same paypal account still work for a while?
Old 04-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Hmmm. wait I'm under the impression that I should use my old paypal accounts on the new eBay Stealth accounts?

I was actually just going to start fresh with new paypal accounts, because I read somewhere they can link the *new* ebay account to the suspended one if i use the same paypal. I have a few checking and savings account and thinking of opening more in the near future to open more paypal accounts.

What do you think? Would using the same paypal account still work for a while?
No, no no - I'm not suggesting that at all

I would clear out your current Paypal accounts so that you have those funds under your control

The problem with new accounts is they may require id before they let you withdraw - is the 21 day hold going to be an issue I wonder?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
Save85 (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No, no no - I'm not suggesting that at all

I would clear out your current Paypal accounts so that you have those funds under your control

The problem with new accounts is they may require id before they let you withdraw - is the 21 day hold going to be an issue I wonder?
I see your suggestion now. Based on the current paypal accounts, mind you 3 of them were new accounts. The 21 day holds have been released as soon as tracking numbers have been uploaded. I was able to withdraw all the payments.

What happens if paypal gets suspended? Will I never be able to withdraw the money out? Wasn't there something about after 180 days the money would be available in the end?