“Your listing was removed counterfeit item policy.” - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-04-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default “Your listing was removed counterfeit item policy.”

Hi,

I got an email off eBay yesterday afternoon saying my listings been removed due to their counterfeit item policy.

I haven’t been restricted and as far as I’m aware, it wasn’t a vero takedown which I assume would be more serious? No email to contact anybody about this takedown. It’s the first time this has happened to us on this account.

Could it be a eBay bot or a competitor that reported us? Surely it would take more than the odd competitor for a listing to be taken down otherwise so many people would be doing it? We were doing really well. Sold over 200+. 100% feedback. Account made in 2016. No opened cases. Monthly limit 500/10,000.

We were thinking of letting the account cool for 60-90+ days and then putting it back up but changing the title, picture, description etc and only putting a very low quantity up to start with, maybe 10 and sell them slowly. Would this work or will the listing just be flagged eventually and taken down again?

Thanks.

Last edited by Rnm62; 06-04-2020 at 05:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rnm62 For This Useful Post:
supermanxx (07-14-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-04-2020

Longevity: 36%
Default Re: “Your listing was removed counterfeit item policy.”

It's basically just ebay making assumptions. If you pursue it, they'll ask you where you source the goods from.

Does the email say youll remain unaffected?
Old 06-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
It's basically just ebay making assumptions. If you pursue it, they'll ask you where you source the goods from.

Does the email say youll remain unaffected?
Thanks for your reply. I tried adding a screenshot of the email but not sure how to add pictures.

“Listings that don’t follow this policy in the future will be ended. In addition, there will be a temporary 3 day restriction placed on your account, and your other listings will be hidden from search during this period.”

If it was a competitor would the email have been worded differently? It’s a popular product and only a handful of sellers have the item up on eBay.
Old 06-04-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 40%

To be honest I wouldn’t list the same item again even after 90 days you’ll risk loosing your account.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 13obby For This Useful Post:
aenews (06-17-2020), agent006140 (06-04-2020), SWORDFISH497 (06-04-2020)
Old 06-04-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnm62 View Post
Thanks for your reply. I tried adding a screenshot of the email but not sure how to add pictures.

“Listings that don’t follow this policy in the future will be ended. In addition, there will be a temporary 3 day restriction placed on your account, and your other listings will be hidden from search during this period.”

If it was a competitor would the email have been worded differently? It’s a popular product and only a handful of sellers have the item up on eBay.
Oh that's different From what I've seen, if there's a limited amount of sellers for the item, coupled with the email you received, then that says enough for me. Find another product to sell, or source it from the brands legitimate supply chain and provide proof to ebay
Old 06-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
Oh that's different From what I've seen, if there's a limited amount of sellers for the item, coupled with the email you received, then that says enough for me. Find another product to sell, or source it from the brands legitimate supply chain and provide proof to ebay
Thanks. There was no MC code on the email either which I found strange.
Old 06-04-2020

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Hi,

I got an email off eBay yesterday afternoon saying my listings been removed due to their counterfeit item policy.

I haven’t been restricted and as far as I’m aware, it wasn’t a vero takedown which I assume would be more serious? No email to contact anybody about this takedown. It’s the first time this has happened to us on this account.

Could it be a eBay bot or a competitor that reported us? Surely it would take more than the odd competitor for a listing to be taken down otherwise so many people would be doing it? We were doing really well. Sold over 200+. 100% feedback. Account made in 2016. No opened cases. Monthly limit 500/10,000.

We were thinking of letting the account cool for 60-90+ days and then putting it back up but changing the title, picture, description etc and only putting a very low quantity up to start with, maybe 10 and sell them slowly. Would this work or will the listing just be flagged eventually and taken down again?

Thanks.
Ive been successfully selling VERO items for over 15 years many many stealth accounts some live some die. When I have a listing removed I usually wait a year before listing in that account a VERO item again. I sell other not risky items a couple of months before I resume VERO.
Old 06-04-2020

Longevity: 37%

So i got a insider info .. there is a DDOS attack on all microsoft sellings websites. As well that person runs a bot on ebay listing who list those items as well. Literally all ebay listings got removed by ebay "counterfeit". Its a polish seller who did it. Before he run a bot and created up to 1000 listings daily until ebay stopped him. i guess now he got mad and want to take down all other seller as well. But its just a matter of time interpol is on his ass already because he let some of his personal info inside of those attacks he did ;-) cant share more. but its just temporary dont waste your accounts and list those items. Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to stealthbro For This Useful Post:
supermanxx (07-14-2020)
Old 06-04-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbro View Post
So i got a insider info .. there is a DDOS attack on all microsoft sellings websites. As well that person runs a bot on ebay listing who list those items as well. Literally all ebay listings got removed by ebay "counterfeit". Its a polish seller who did it. Before he run a bot and created up to 1000 listings daily until ebay stopped him. i guess now he got mad and want to take down all other seller as well. But its just a matter of time interpol is on his ass already because he let some of his personal info inside of those attacks he did ;-) cant share more. but its just temporary dont waste your accounts and list those items. Good luck
what do you mean can't say more? lol just give us info we're regular people like you. why act so secretly
Old 06-05-2020

Longevity: 57%

this policy violation will go off after 6 months. Do not list before this time or use different account. i tested with 3 accounts and its working.
now they have new policy violation system.
1. COUNTERFEIT ITEM POLICY VIOLATION(eBay removal): 1 st IS warning, 2st 3 days restrictions, 3rd : 7days, 4th 10 days restriction 5th: ?? (maybe selling restriction indefinitely-)
2. VeRO Unauthorised Item Policy (this is vero takedown): 1 st IS warning, 2st 3 days restriction, 3rd : 7days, 4th 10 days restriction 5th: ?? (maybe selling restriction indefinitely-)

they will not mix these type of violations, they handle these separately.

Gl.

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theking27 For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (01-31-2023), jnveed (10-06-2021)
Old 06-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Inside info - thanks for the morning chuckle
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
PepsiCoin (06-07-2020)
Old 06-05-2020

Longevity: 43%

One of my items was removed 1 hour ago with the same mail from ebay, I have more than 100 item listed, they say it was removed because multiple members of the community reported the listing lol. It's the 2nd time that I sent them the contract i have with the supplier and the receipts from my items. And again they do that **** to me
Old 06-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 73%

You can most likely get this resolved by going to eBay live chat and discuss it with them. Someone will look at your item and should explain why it was removed. If they are satisfied that it should not of been removed, they can reinstate the listing and you will be able to relist.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jigsaw For This Useful Post:
aly (08-04-2020)
Old 06-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
You can most likely get this resolved by going to eBay live chat and discuss it with them. Someone will look at your item and should explain why it was removed. If they are satisfied that it should not of been removed, they can reinstate the listing and you will be able to relist.
I don't care about the item, the only thing that gets me mad is that I provide proof of authentication for my items and they close some item because they listen to some "community members"..
What's the point of sending documents then
Old 06-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
ebay will not re-instate deleted listings.
Incorrect! They certainly do.

EDIT: Here is screenshot of an email you would receive if eBay reinstated your listing:

Last edited by Jigsaw; 06-05-2020 at 05:06 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jigsaw For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (07-23-2020), supermanxx (07-14-2020), tinsoldier (06-05-2020)
Old 06-07-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Inside info - thanks for the morning chuckle
inside info means someone who got DDOS attack on his homepage got a call from police in poland, and he told me that (he is a big ms supplier). And they asked him if he would do a statement. he agreed and request the court docs from the attacker. Inside the docs they mention as well that he build a bot to report other listings (counterfeit). (info came from other victims ect)
Some of the microsoft seller here remember that 1 month ago there was a polish seller he listed up to 1000 windows 10 pro auctions per day.
You can believe it or not.. but i can tell you to report someone as counterfeit is easy. And if someone has 100 accounts, those dont need to be even seller accounts, you easy can report someones listing. usually 5 reports per listing will be enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to stealthbro For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (01-31-2023)
Old 06-09-2020

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
inside info means someone who got DDOS attack on his homepage got a call from police in poland, and he told me that (he is a big ms supplier). And they asked him if he would do a statement. he agreed and request the court docs from the attacker. Inside the docs they mention as well that he build a bot to report other listings (counterfeit). (info came from other victims ect)
Some of the microsoft seller here remember that 1 month ago there was a polish seller he listed up to 1000 windows 10 pro auctions per day.
You can believe it or not.. but i can tell you to report someone as counterfeit is easy. And if someone has 100 accounts, those dont need to be even seller accounts, you easy can report someones listing. usually 5 reports per listing will be enough.
coincidentally i have had 2 of these "countefeit item" emails in the last 4 days.

Both right out of the blue on items which i had sold unmolested for months
The Following User Says Thank You to vlb For This Useful Post:
stealthbro (06-09-2020)
Old 06-09-2020

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
If I may ask, what category were you selling in? Were your items counterfeit?
Old 06-09-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evofox View Post
I don't care about the item, the only thing that gets me mad is that I provide proof of authentication for my items and they close some item because they listen to some "community members"..
What's the point of sending documents then
The "community members" they listen to, are trusted experts that work directly with vero department. Normally sellers aren't able to provide authenticity proof. So I'm surprised even with experts, ebay wouldn't listen to you.
Old 06-09-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
The "community members" they listen to, are trusted experts that work directly with vero department. Normally sellers aren't able to provide authenticity proof. So I'm surprised even with experts, ebay wouldn't listen to you.
The item is not VERO.
Old 06-09-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evofox View Post
The item is not VERO.
Doesn't matter. The VERO department takes care of counterfeits for every single brand.
Old 06-09-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlb View Post
coincidentally i have had 2 of these "countefeit item" emails in the last 4 days.

Both right out of the blue on items which i had sold unmolested for months
i just lost today another batch of 10 ebay accounts. Mixed, vero, counterfeit (even from weeks ago). I think its now a ebay sweap as well. Makes sense now covid 19 is on hold or lets say business start back open. I lost some accounts i never ever even sold an item just sitting there with 2 listings for 40 days.