"Unfortunately, we're unable to verify your identity" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-11-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default "Unfortunately, we're unable to verify your identity"

Hello everyone can anyone help me with this? I tried to list first item on my account, ebay asked to verify phone number with code they sent to my phone.

When I verified my phone with code I tried to submit listing again and I got this error message: "Unfortunately, we're unable to verify your identity, to learn more you can contact us".

This never happened to me before. I always use real sim phone number from carrier (no google voice or any other voip numbers).

I don' know what I did wrong. Is there any other way to solve this besides of contacting ebay? (currently they are reachable only with email which is slower than calling to them)

Thank you very much for all answers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2020

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: "Unfortunately, we're unable to verify your identity"

Sounds like you have to contact eBay to me
Old 06-11-2020

Longevity: 22%

this is the Sim Cards to 100%
I have check this
Old 06-11-2020

Longevity: 25%

Which carrier do you use?
Old 06-11-2020

Longevity: 23%

thats due to your phone number.
Old 06-11-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphirepro View Post
Hello everyone can anyone help me with this? I tried to list first item on my account, ebay asked to verify phone number with code they sent to my phone.

When I verified my phone with code I tried to submit listing again and I got this error message: "Unfortunately, we're unable to verify your identity, to learn more you can contact us".

This never happened to me before. I always use real sim phone number from carrier (no google voice or any other voip numbers).

I don' know what I did wrong. Is there any other way to solve this besides of contacting ebay? (currently they are reachable only with email which is slower than calling to them)

Which carrier you used
Old 06-12-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzam View Post
Sounds like you have to contact eBay to me
I sent them email but I’m not sure how can I verify it because it happened to other accounts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaiwolf View Post
this is the Sim Cards to 100%
I have check this
I think yes. But it worked in past they never shown this type of error about verifying identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatymutawings View Post
Which carrier do you use?
Uk provider called “Three”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tsss View Post
thats due to your phone number.
I think so but don’t know what to do now.

Do you guys think changing phone number to different carrier would solve this?
Old 06-12-2020

Quote:
Do you guys think changing phone number to different carrier would solve this?
Negative.

Topic is also on another thread.

Me...I was using “Hushed App” set to CA# received verification text like you - entered it and same results: Cannot verify identity. Talked to eBay CSR for about 30min, they looked inside account could not figure it out either.

SO...folks here said maybe was the number#, so I purchased SIM from a legit phone provider in CA. Guess what? Same BS on eBay looping through ”Cannot verify identity” Again talk to different CSR for 30min, they go inside account and cannot fix it. The eBay system is #@$&*% up!

Btw, all credentials are REAL -only manipulate PP email and it’s linked ok in eBay for purchases. But try to link to sell - NO...another glitched loop about identity.

Very frustrating!

Last edited by dk1; 06-12-2020 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-12-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1 View Post
Negative.

Me...I was using “Hushed App” set to CA# received verification text like you - entered it and same results: Cannot verify identity. Talked to eBay CSR for about 30min, they looked inside account could not figure it out either.

SO...folks here said maybe was the number#, so I purchased SIM from a legit phone provider in CA. Guess what? Same BS on eBay looping through ”Cannot verify identity” Again talk to different CSR for 30min, they go inside account and cannot fix it. The eBay system is #@$&*% up!

Btw, all credentials are REAL -only manipulate PP email and it’s linked ok in eBay for purchases. But try to link to sell - NO...another glitched loop about identity.

Very frustrating!
ah **** .. yeah day before i could create an seller account. this time it gaves me option to get sms then boom .. problem verify identity. i random gave different carrier real mobile numbers based on country and carrier code. just to see if i get to see the sms field. not...error. so its NOT the phone number.
will keep trying today
Old 06-12-2020
Threadstarter  

Support told me to clear cache, cookies and recrete listing again (not use draft).

Support also told me to create seller account which I already have because when I went to “Selling” section it asked me to enter address, phone number etc...

I think their customer support team also don’t know what is going on.

It’s so frustrating.
Old 06-12-2020

Longevity: 30%

There is a thread about it, https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...bay-error.html

I suggest you all to read the forum before you start a thread, it's the third thread about that topic besides the one above.

The problem is with your phone number/ip/country, everything has to be of the same country you select.
Old 06-13-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphirepro View Post

Having the exact same issue made two seller accounts error still i think its a bug ebay rep no help
Old 06-14-2020

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
There is a thread about it, https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...bay-error.html

I suggest you all to read the forum before you start a thread, it's the third thread about that topic besides the one above.

The problem is with your phone number/ip/country, everything has to be of the same country you select.
even if you have ip and phonenumber from the same country you have this problem

i have heard that it works with real sims but not always, they somehow figured out all phonenumbers from onlineproviders, even the russian ones, i guess.... i wonder how...
The Following User Says Thank You to guenther83464 For This Useful Post:
murad231 (06-14-2020)
Old 06-14-2020

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by guenther83464 View Post
even if you have ip and phonenumber from the same country you have this problem

i have heard that it works with real sims but not always, they somehow figured out all phonenumbers from onlineproviders, even the russian ones, i guess.... i wonder how...
Some numbers/providers are blocked by eBay, you need to keep trying different types of cards.
Old 06-14-2020

Activity: 1%

It's your phone number. I had problem with Google Voice numbers. Switching to a real number with the same registration detail passes seller verification.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebizz For This Useful Post:
stealthbro (06-15-2020)
Old 06-17-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1 View Post
Negative.

Very frustrating!
Did you find a solution because i'am still having same problem
Old 06-17-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murad231 View Post
Did you find a solution because i'am still having same problem
Are you based in Canada? SIM options available
Old 06-17-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Are you based in Canada? SIM options available
Yes i'am i used my own personal number thats with rogers, i also made ebay.com account yesterday because some people on here says ebay.com works but still no success did it work for you?
Old 06-17-2020

Longevity: 32%

Quote:
Yes i'am i used my own personal number thats with rogers, i also made ebay.com account yesterday because some people on here says ebay.com works but still no success did it work for you?

Are you in Canada using real Canadian sim, do you use Canada IP and registration address from that same country?
Old 06-19-2020

Yes i have a real sim card, i live in Canada but i do use a Canadian VPN i have created many ebay accounts but this is the first time this happening thats why i tried my personal phone number to see if its a phone issue but its not
Old 06-19-2020

Quote:
Yes i have a real sim card, i live in Canada but i do use a Canadian VPN i have created many ebay accounts but this is the first time this happening thats why i tried my personal phone number to see if its a phone issue but its not
in the past(from 1 month ago its not possible) if you create, for example, UK ebay account with a different phone number country(for example, spanish number, or italian number, or netherlands number) it worked fine and you had no problems, NOW, if you register a different number from different country(if you create UK account, you SHOULD use UK number, else you will have that error). "Unfortunately, we're unable to verify your identity".

I cant talk about ebay usa/au/ca, i dont create acccounts on these countries, but it should be the same since the error is the same..
Old 06-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tsss View Post
in the past(from 1 month ago its not possible) if you create, for example, UK ebay account with a different phone number country(for example, spanish number, or italian number, or netherlands number) it worked fine and you had no problems, NOW, if you register a different number from different country(if you create UK account, you SHOULD use UK number, else you will have that error). "Unfortunately, we're unable to verify your identity".

I cant talk about ebay usa/au/ca, i dont create acccounts on these countries, but it should be the same since the error is the same..
I was able to create Ebay USA seller account with different sim number (not US origin number). Don’t know about UK and what is going on currently.