eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Does not replying to buyers' messages affect sales? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/137345-does-not-replying-buyers-messages-affect-sales.html)

walkingupwards 06-27-2020 07:05 PM

Does not replying to buyers' messages affect sales?

Most of the messages I get from customers don't demand a reply on my part and I just delete or leave them unanswered.

Do you think this behavior could affect sales negatively? In other words, will eBay demote my listings in search because of ignoring such messages?

Romancevic 06-28-2020 02:46 AM

Re: Does not replying to buyers' messages affect sales?

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingupwards (Post 1102567)
Most of the messages I get from customers don't demand a reply on my part and I just delete or leave them unanswered.

Do you think this behavior could affect sales negatively? In other words, will eBay demote my listings in search because of ignoring such messages?

If buyer ask strange asnwer I don’t think this will affect

yankee 06-28-2020 09:22 AM

You can setup an auto responder if you are concerned. I can say this though, it annoys potential buyers to get an auto response and not a real answer.

ebaystealth1974 06-28-2020 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1102653)
I can say this though, it annoys potential buyers to get an auto response and not a real answer.

That's for DAMN SURE! The worst is an autoresponder from a chinese person. Like wtf does that even say...

ebaystealth1974 06-28-2020 10:14 AM

It might have an effect, but it won't keep you from selling a shiitload of items. Some sellers I buy things from are known for their lack of response. They just FLAT OUT don't reply, and they sell wayyyyyyyyyyyy more than 99.9% of the people here.

SaiJin 06-28-2020 12:05 PM

Quote:

No, eBay doesn't have an algo or bot that demotes you for not replying unlike Amazon.

prodigyace 06-28-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1102779)
Neither have. Failing to reply to messages is not a performance metric on Amazon.

I thought it was in the USA? Been a while since i needed to check

james13v 06-30-2020 07:24 AM

I mean, none of you can really know for sure, what ebays algo takes into account when ranking your searches. Even ebay reps don't know half the time.

phaz0rz 06-30-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 1103035)
I mean, none of you can really know for sure, what ebays algo takes into account when ranking your searches. Even ebay reps don't know half the time.

Agreed. I maintain that it makes a difference. :peace:

Sellers with bad customer service should not rank as well as sellers with good customer service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1102805)
You thought wrong.

Prove it?

james13v 06-30-2020 07:53 AM

Which would make perfect sense. I don't understand how people can think that such an easy data point would just be overlooked. Ebay tracks if there was any contact information shared, and whether or not the item ends without a sale. Yet people think can't track to see if you actually respond to messages, let alone care about a vital part of customer service? Ebay will just be like " well, we care about customer service and buyers being happy in every single other thing, and go after you for all of it. but messages? Meh".

Some sellers tho straight up refuse messages. I wonder if not responding to messages, is worse than not allowing messages.

It's kinda like my dad with his voicemail. He has no idea how to look at them. Yet he keeps asking me to delete voicemails. Why, so more people can leave voicemails that you will never look at?

james13v 06-30-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1103045)
There's nothing to 'prove', Amazons metrics do not include message response times. Any Amazon seller can verify this for themselves.

'No response required' is the chosen route for those who simply do not want to engage.

But I'm happy for someone to prove me wrong.

Yeah, because only the visible metrics are the ones these companies go by. They never do anything, that the general public is not able to see. They will only go by the black and white policies, that they have presented to the public. They will never do things they said they don't do, or things they haven't told us about Nope. Never such a thing.

frozenprince 10-09-2020 06:26 PM

So whats the conclusion does not respond at all affect the search ranking?

Does eBah count how fast seller respond like within 24hours etx

If so How long do these logs stay?

Pandoras_box 10-09-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenprince (Post 1119156)
So whats the conclusion does not respond at all affect the search ranking?

Does eBah count how fast seller respond like within 24hours etx

If so How long do these logs stay?

They use to do this pre-Cassini in 2013, I don't know if they still do.
Personally, I don't leave any question answered. I think it just rude to do so.

cafonabob1 10-09-2020 07:21 PM

It does not affect search at all. I don't answer stupid questions at all. In fact I frequently add buyers who ask too many stupid questions to my blocked bidder list.

Specific/relevant questions from someone who seems like a potential customer of course I answer but stupid questions like "what color is it", "how long did you have it", etc.. I never answer.

james13v 10-09-2020 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 1119162)
They use to do this pre-Cassini in 2013, I don't know if they still do.
Personally, I don't leave any question answered. I think it just rude to do so.

Except sometimes buyers send you 6 messages within minutes. Are you telling me you respond to every single one of those messages?

a1ferov 10-10-2020 06:10 AM

Quote:

In my practice — no. It’s okay.

rsot 10-10-2020 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 1119184)
Except sometimes buyers send you 6 messages within minutes. Are you telling me you respond to every single one of those messages?

Hah no way - chuckle :)

MrPringles 10-10-2020 06:29 PM

I think that return requests and opened item not received cases are the things you need to concentrate more on because if you leave those for 1-2 days without replying it will affect the sales considerably. Doing customer service once in 1-2 days time should be enough I think, I haven't noticed any considerable change in sales level even if the customer hasn't received a reply in 2-3 days time. The only problem in keeping them waiting is that they might get pissed and leave bad feedback.