Having problems refunding a buyer. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-09-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Having problems refunding a buyer.

Hi everyone I have a buyer wanting to receive a refund for an item he ordered. I agreed to receive the return at my expense as well as issue him the refund. The item is here (nothing wrong with it as they claimed). The entire transaction is costing me well over the transaction cost due to its weight, how the buyer sent it back using a much more expensive return shipping method, etc. Anyways when I tried to send the refund through eB - the site lets me get to the issue refund button before saying "There was a problem issuing this refund." So I went to PP to try the same thing - where they have a cool little button that says, "Issue Refund" in which I chose. When that's selected, it says, "Please add funds to your PP balance." This is a stealth account that I do not have the account balance set up. The only cards on the account are the initial cards. My bank account is set up to receive funds - and they pull funds for seller fees - but I guess not refunds. This is a good account and I really don't want the case escalation. What can I do? Thanks for any and all ideas...

Last edited by Startacus; 07-09-2020 at 10:12 PM. Reason: clarify the exact wording from eb
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Having problems refunding a buyer.

@OP, if they pull funds from your bank account for payment then likely you should be able to upload funds. PP can automatically do this or with a call (always has the risk when dealing with an agent though).

You can also sell goods quickly as tinsoldier indicated
Old 07-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks to both of you. Great ideas. I've lowered some prices in hopes something sells immediately. F I R E S A L E ! Will update with results.
Old 07-13-2020

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startacus View Post
Hi everyone I have a buyer wanting to receive a refund for an item he ordered. I agreed to receive the return at my expense as well as issue him the refund. The item is here (nothing wrong with it as they claimed). The entire transaction is costing me well over the transaction cost due to its weight, how the buyer sent it back using a much more expensive return shipping method, etc. Anyways when I tried to send the refund through eB - the site lets me get to the issue refund button before saying "There was a problem issuing this refund." So I went to PP to try the same thing - where they have a cool little button that says, "Issue Refund" in which I chose. When that's selected, it says, "Please add funds to your PP balance." This is a stealth account that I do not have the account balance set up. The only cards on the account are the initial cards. My bank account is set up to receive funds - and they pull funds for seller fees - but I guess not refunds. This is a good account and I really don't want the case escalation. What can I do? Thanks for any and all ideas...
Your balance was probably insufficient because PayPal doesn't refund the transaction processor fee (2.9%). It sounds like there are other reasons in this case as well, but this is a common problem even if there are no other deductions from the refund.
Old 07-13-2020

Longevity: 31%
Send a message via Skype™ to newstart123

you can use some exchange services to add funds to ypur pp or sell some more goods and that will be it
Old 07-13-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did the fire sale and sold way more than I needed to, which was sufficient to issue the refund in full. I was stressed over a situation that could have been easily avoided had I'd just left some proceeds in PP. Lesson learned. Had I'd known about the exchange services I would've just done that - but I didn't know. Anyways thanks again for all the suggestions and advice!