Making the forums Private - Fear that EBAY sees what we post - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-06-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Only the first post of every thread. After a certain period of time.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-07-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

I think folks might speak more openly if the forum were private. But whose to say that ebay t/s doesn't have a half dozen accounts already. The info provided in the forum is invaluable. Lots of people are needed to discover different ebay or paypal quirks. New people equate new ideas. How many visitors sign up? How many members post? How many post regularly?
Old 10-07-2007

Longevity: 96%

and what happened to tcho??
Old 03-25-2008

Longevity: 99%
Arrow Fear of Posting Ideas Here...because EBAY may see them

Maybe I am just paranoid, but it seems to me if I were EBAY, this would be a favorite read for EBAY Security.

Like, I think I have figured out a way to keep them from linking Paypal now and I think that is directly related to how this site explained to use Paypal about a year or so ago.

If I am right, EBAY just had to make a small adjustment to take down all accounts on a Paypal account.

I am testing the new algorithm to see if it works. I intentionally broke the algorithm and that account was suspended almost immediately.

Anyway, it seems that publicly telling EBAY how you defeat their suspensions could help EBAY just as much as the people here.

Thoughts?
Old 03-25-2008

Longevity: 94%

I think it could be a good watch out to.
Like now how they have introduced the compulsory paypal for UK members in late april...that will leave a lot of people screwed.

I expect sooner or later they will throw the idea of merchant accounts as well.
Old 03-26-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default they must read this stuff

hey guys I know im new to this forum and i admit about 6 months ago I did a bit of lurking to get ideas on what to do if my account got suspended and back then as now, that was exactly what I was thinking. ebay must scan this sight for weak areas and then go to work on ways to patch the problems up. I recon you need to have a kind of invitation only erea where after youve sussed out the newbies you invite them in. Leave all the info or most of it where it is and let conversation circulate around what has already been spilled. But anything new that comes to light should be kept secret. It only works for ebay in the long run to have a wonderful resourse to come and read about all of their weak points. I dont know about charging as being the answear ether coss ebay wont care about paying a fee. All youll do is exclude the people your trying to help. Definatly a kind unspoken maybe even off site secret forum is the way i recon. Where the real stuff gets talked about.
Old 03-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

How do you weed out the bad guys (eBay spies) from the good guys on this board?, for all we know eBay could already have their moles planted in here and passing themselves off as an expert.
Old 03-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

You are right Lisa, that is why i have been here just reading only lately. I have been successful in reinstating quite a few of my old accounts lately and dont really want to openly tell how i have been doing it. Too much work involved in the event ebay is watching this forum. Also figured out a way to get multiple paypal verified accounts from simply 1 good bank account, but again, too much work to disclose it and then have paypal/ebay adjust. So i personally think a private forum is a good idea. My 2 cents....
Old 03-26-2008

Longevity: 95%

private forum would be nice, but really waht would stop ebay security to spend 10$ a month and get all the secrets from us :( i dont think this could ever be done. even if it would be 100$ a month, ebay would still buy a subscription, what is it for them?
Old 03-26-2008

Very true. Ah well, looks like ebay will just have to keep up with us :D
Old 03-26-2008

yep no mater which way you look at it. By holding the hand out to help the bewildered and freshly excluded ebay user your also holding it out to the ones that would keep them and you excluded.
Ok all moles please take on the avitar of agent smith so we know who you are.
LOL
Old 03-27-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotinfo View Post
private forum would be nice, but really waht would stop ebay security to spend 10$ a month and get all the secrets from us :( i dont think this could ever be done. even if it would be 100$ a month, ebay would still buy a subscription, what is it for them?
I agree. Both of these companies will have an expenses account and individual employees probably can use their own credit cards or paypal to pay for the membership of which they can reclaim back later on. £10, £100 or even £1000 is nothing in the fight to remain pathetic and absurd.

No matter what tricks or ideas for new policies they pick up from here they will always have their stupidity and the disastrous VERO system to cause us untold headaches.

Its heads or tails with CrapBay / PooPal not rules.
Old 03-28-2008

I think aspkin should check for IPs coming from ebay or its affiliating companies in the logs and deal with that.
Old 07-03-2008

Longevity: 91%
Default Ebay & the Stealth book - is it dangerous to reveal this info publicly to EBAY?

I have to admit, when I was suspended, this form/website was really easy to find. Now, I read that Ebay is making more and more changes to their policy, it kind of concerns me that they know about this book. Do you think it's a good idea to have a step by step guide of what to do on this forum? Isn't that like showing the folks at ebay what we are doing?

I think the fact that people have to BUY the book is a good idea (less chance of Ebay knowing everything). But they might really crack down on varifying people with just the information in the step-by-step guide.
Old 07-03-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

EBay is always updating things, and we're always one step ahead. Without any of this information, a lot of you people would not be selling right now.

Anyways, it's been talked about a few times already. I don't think it really matters because if eBay makes it so hard to setup an eBay account, they in a sense kill their self. The harder they make it for people, the less money they'll make. It's in their best interest to keep people signing up and buying / selling stuff.
Old 07-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I withhold the most sensitive and useful of my information from these forums, because I don't want EBAY to find out about it. This sort of info I reveal only in PMs, one on one.

But in general, true, what can you do...this is a forum and we must reveal what we know to some extent in order to help others and learn from each other.

So elitist. How in the world do you know the person you are pm'ing isnt an Ebay employee, unless you ask for i.d and run a check?

If there was any material on these forums that cant be found on other suspension forums (Especially ones aimed at the UK, this is definatly not the biggest forum for UK users) then it would be worth a subscription. However its the same recycled info featured on other forums and newsgroups.

Some people think they "figured out what to do". When they didnt, as it was already known by many. Take for example using a cell up against a pay phone technique for the UK users, people were looking for this answer for a while, but I know that AT LEAST 4 different users on here knew about it before the thread finally appeared. And when it did, some were making out as if the poster was a genius for discovering it, and that it was only for this forums that we have the info.

Not taking nothing away from the forums, but its 95% trolls, 5% knowledgable users. 95% repeative questions, 5% useful information.

Make a forum JUST for users who have something to contribute (ebayhateluv, modee, avarshav, mantisic to name but a few) and then it would be worth paying for
Old 07-03-2008

Longevity: 91%

and me my beyatch!
Old 07-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

It would be pointless to make the forum private now...if that's the case we should have did that months ago
Old 07-03-2008

aspkin a suggestion: i like the idea of private forums but as others have said the having to pay to get in (for me at least) is one reason i can't join i wish i could but ebay has screwed me so bad that everytime i get caught up BAM start again. My suggestion, jog over to chris creamer's sports logos website Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net. scroll down to the bottom right, what he does is tells the members what the bills are and they donate amounts (from $5 to $100) to help defer costs. Maybe instead of subscriptions just say "hey donate $5 every month to help and private is free!" or something like that. i would do that and i don't know if an ebay employee would do this all the time (but maybe they would). just a thought for you
Old 07-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeme2011 View Post
I have to admit, when I was suspended, this form/website was really easy to find. Now, I read that Ebay is making more and more changes to their policy, it kind of concerns me that they know about this book. Do you think it's a good idea to have a step by step guide of what to do on this forum? Isn't that like showing the folks at ebay what we are doing?

I think the fact that people have to BUY the book is a good idea (less chance of Ebay knowing everything). But they might really crack down on varifying people with just the information in the step-by-step guide.
You mean like deleting cookies, changing ip, buying a gift card? You can't be serious. Look at what has happened on ebay during the last year with feedback, dsr, shipping, raising fees, 21 day hold, etc., etc. None of this has anything to do with combating what we talk about here. It's arrogant to think they make sweeping policy changes in reaction to disgruntled NARU'd users who want to get back on. Ebay has changed the way they do business plain and simple and that means clamping down on sellers and hosing them. God only knows what's to come in 2009 and 2010. Good thing I'll be long gone before the eventual "crash."
Old 07-05-2008

You know, you could also have anyone who lives in an area where eBay has no offices go and send a picture of the area while holding something written on paper as proof instead of money.
Old 07-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

jonas, what do you mean? I do not understand your post.